• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acccent

Aaaaand it's time for a small giveaway!
This is for Rkctr, redeemable on Desura via IndieGameStand (it's on Greenlight too.)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rkctr -- MB-TOTALLYNOTTHEKEY

...HA! you weren't expecting a gift with no riddle coming from me, were you?

Solve this to find the game:

The treasure you seek has been locked away
By a faithful guardian that one cannot weigh;
The safe he chose is hard to portray:
the insectile face of this lyonnais.

Good luck!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
CSD>Skyrim

pMMdV2o.png

Purkake4

Banned
Go pick up Teleglitch you scrubs, it's 75% off! Some nice tough-as-nails roguelike action with surprisingly satisfying weapons.

The Bundlestars bundles seem to be pretty decent, never bought any before think I might

Wait...World War 3 Black Gold is on Steam? Dear god that's some nostalgia

Acccent

Let me know if you find the key to Rkctr cause ModBot will probably not be able to edit it out (please PM me if it happens in like more than one hour)

Storm360

Sorry, I didn't put RAFFLE on that last one. :p

Had no idea this was actually made by a Neogaf member, which was odd since one of the videos I watched showed the approval joke, Looks great from what I see, entered, heres hoping since I just started University, so have no idea how I can spend money atm ha.

Congrats on making it onto Steam, hopefully I'll join you some day

Grief.exe

Small Capcom bump in the reg. Probably an upcoming publisher weekend deal or something.

In the back of my head I wonder if these GFWL sales are partially to gauge consumer interest in the product.
If enough interest is shown, they will dedicate the resources to remove the DRM.

Storm360

That would make sense. I wonder what the actual cost is to rip out GFWL and staple in Steamworks for most games.

I doubt its too heavy, at least for offline games, although I have no experience working on a released Steam game of course, the API doesn't seem too complicated from the documentation

oipic

It's a big day for you, chubigans, a long time coming, and the culmination of a lot of hard work, no doubt. Congrats! May your labour of love do well, and be the first of many to do so.

(oh, and thanks for the raffle!)

The "pay it back" bundle. Everybody needs to block me from giveaways.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Volgarr -- MB-2E8DDCE2392D0059 - Taken by Fox318. 45 entrants total.
Teleglitch Die More Edition -- MB-3C63C66572081D6A - Taken by Khronico. 12 entrants total.
Cook Serve Delicious -- MB-38806A09A9E9DBF1 - Taken by kulapik. 26 entrants total.

t1381257583z1.png

I wanted to give away Volgarr because it is excellent and also support CSD. Also random Teleglitch. Enjoy!

Grief.exe

Valve needs to throw up one of those big headers for CSD. Everyone already owns BL2.

capsule_616x353.jpg

lol

From following the development of DayZ, those banners are completely up to the publishers.

You contact Valve, you provide the banner, and you tell them when you would like it up.

I'm sure the amount of income something like BL2 has generated for Valve greases the wheels of the approval process.

I started Call of Juarez this evening and am having a blast. The kb&m control scheme is giving me no end of trouble but I'm slowly improving and not dying quite so frequently now. Thank God for 'Easy' and even more for accidentally finding the Quick Save keyboard button!

It's nice to play a game that doesn't take itself too seriously and has fun with tropes in the 'Western' mileu. I LOVE the padre! He's the sort of self righteous, God fearing badass mofo I can get behind! :D I hope he gets to kill Billy at the end of the game. I had to laugh how the kid whines about the Sheriff giving him such a hard time all the time even when he's not up to anything whilst he's running around trying to steal anything that doesn't move. Lol cognitive dissonance lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom