• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm360

Is it possible to remove myself from Modbot giveaways? Just won a copy of Cook, Serve, Delicious from Wario on Twitter, so if possible remove me

Can't wait to try it out tommorow, also looks really nice to put on my laptop for travelling to university and back

Dec

I understand, thanks :). I'll definitely try this out; no need to make things unnecessarily hard for myself!

It isn't required or anything, you'll be fine without it, but it will make a difference in fast moving games where aiming is important. Tribes is one that I would never play without this fix.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ah, fuck, modbot's timer is off because it's running off a server in a very different timezone. Sorry about that. Will try to fix ASAP. (Only affects the cosmetic countdowns, not a functionality issue)

Finished F.E.A.R. again, it had been a long while. Still a fucking amazing game.

12944048836149510144_d4u4c.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Now, this is new.

Just got it on Steam, they want to re-confirm my mail.

I've had it happen a few times ago. It's a good move. One of the most common account problems we have here on GAF is someone getting locked out and not having access to their email on fire.

http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.ca/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

Windows has a habit of turning mouse acceleration back on even after you disable it. This fixes it.

Wow it says some games turn mouse accel on in windows settings while you play them... that would explain a lot in certain games...

What kind of sadistic douchebag developer would force mouse acceleration on in windows in their games, WHY WHY WHY.
Do they not want people to enjoy their game?

"Hey kids I opened an ice skating ring, and I made all of the skates kind of crooked LOL, fuck you kids"

rookiejet

I was wondering how steam-gaf keeps up with new releases? Youtube, blogs, Steam listings? My preferred method would be (Youtube) gameplay videos with no commentary, but I can't seem to find any such consistent source that I could rely on.

P.S. Grief, your new tag made me laugh. (Backstory, please?)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
ModBot said:
Cook, Serve, Delicious!, -- MB-788F64A58736884C - Taken by bronson. 83 entrants total.

83 entrants, nice
congrats bronson

Turfster

I was wondering how steam-gaf keeps up with new releases? Youtube, blogs, Steam listings? My preferred method would be (Youtube) gameplay videos with no commentary, but I can't seem to find any such consistent source that I could rely on.

This thread and RPS, basically.
Kifimbo keeps a nice updated list at the top of the thread, and people are always ready to give their opinion on titles, so that's all I need.

MRORANGE

SteamDB is good, Google news and such.

Oh and GAF ;p

Tag was for reminding us each day that GFWL will eventually go away.

Grief.exe

I set up a thread for Enslaved discussion. Posted all of the evidence that we have so far, and some gorgeous screenshots.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=693973

I began speculating in February/March that GFWL was being shutdown either in late 2013 or 2014. I also speculated that Bioshock 2 and the Arkham Games would be the first to receive GFWL removal patches.

When the Bioshock 2 patch went live, I got the tag.

Parsnip

I never played Pandemonium or the sequel, I only remember Pandemonium 2 because of how they sexed up the lady character in it.

<3

If I try and redeem a Steam code for a game I already own, does it convert it to a gift or swallow it? I'd rather trade directly via Steam than send someone the code and hope they don't screw me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom