• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

That is really a matter of opinion because some people are ok to put up with UPLAY.

I'm in the derision camp

i3jKDUlcwgHWU.png

Oh snap, just got home and I see Teleglitch in my inbox! Thanks toddhunter!

Todd is an excellent Steamgaffer.

From Mike Matei's review (a friend of the AVGN; if you don't know him you're missing a lot) this game looked very interesting. I'll grab it somewhere down the line.

Didn't knew that guy, but I usually don't watch or read game reviews. I have some good memories playing Pandemonium 1 & 2 in my uncle's PSC.

Edit: The art for the Unholy Heights is so good. You have stuff like that:

and that:

OK so I'm not burnt out on AC at all, because I didn't play anything past AC II.

Is AC 3 really that horrifically bad? I don't have a ton of time so I'm not exactly looking for games to play but I was always interested in AC3 since before it released.

Turfster

OK so I'm not burnt out on AC at all, because I didn't play anything past AC II.

Is AC 3 really that horrifically bad? I don't have a ton of time so I'm not exactly looking for games to play but I was always interested in AC3 since before it released.
I played like, 3 hours and a bit, and I was still in boxed in tutorial crapola and I wasn't even playing with the main character yet, but with one of the biggest assholes ever written. (No, not Desmond)

Grief.exe

I was burnt out on the franchise with only playing ACII

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

AC3 is basically a bundle of neat ideas, but bad execution(visit one of the many threads slamming AC3 here on neogaf). Try it at your own risk since we all have different opinions. And you not really losing much since it's only $12 unlike the people that got ripped off paying a full $60.

Dec

Speaking of Windows deciding what settings I should have for me, it keeps putting my mic sensitivity to 100% and I want to throw Steve Ballmer off a building because of it.

Yep, I'm experiencing this as well. Pretty annoying.

Not sure if you guys play CSGO or Dota 2 but they apparently will default your mic to 100% when you run them.

If so, you need to add this to your autoexec.cfg

voice_mixer_volume "1.0"

1.0 is 100% mic volume. 0.55 would be 55%.

If not that there is some registry editing you can do to to force a certain mic volume but hopefully it's valve's fault cause I can't find the correct registry on my pc.

I'll admit I've played every main entry in the series. What's weird is AC3 has some of the most poorly designed execution levels in the series against main story targets. Where AC1 had a huge playground with multiple ways to approach a target. AC3 will sometimes limit you to a staggering small area where if you deviate ever so slightly outside the set path or alert the guards the mission fails.

The game traded its best aspect from the first entry of the series for scripted chase sequences and cheap thrills.

The ship battles are awesome however. So if you want to play it just for that I could recommend it for that price.

edit: Oh they also did some crazy shit with the dlc as well where you can turn into a bird and a wolf. I never tried it out but the dlc is on sale, im kinda curious about it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I was burnt out on the franchise with only playing ACII
It's a shame, because the games have potential. But they are sooooo overlong and repetitive that they retroactively remove the fun you may have had when you first started it, some 95 years before. At least AC1 and 2 were that way, and given that the latter is supposed to be the pinnacle of the franchise (though I've read some prefer AC:B), I will never bother with the rest.

It's a shame, because the games have potential. But they are sooooo overlong and repetitive that they retroactively remove the fun you may have had when you first started it, some 95 years before. At least AC1 and 2 were that way, and given that the latter is supposed to be the pinnacle of the franchise (though I've read some prefer AC:B), I will never bother with the rest.

Some of the stuff they did with Altair was pretty awesome in Revelations.
You get to play him as he gets older through multiple sections playing him at an older age through each section.
It wrapped up his story arc and was really well done.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You get to play him as he gets older through multiple sections playing him at an older age through each section.

Yeah, and Ezio's end was nice.

I really liked "Ezio's trilogy" and then they ruined that with 3. :/

---

Finished the Walking Dead
on PS3
and recommend it despite the save bug. The ending chapter makes going through like 2 of the chapters that kinda drag (notable the one before the ending) worth it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
i'm cookin'
i'm servin'
it's delicious

the lumberjack customer looks kinda like me if i shaved my beard

i got a perfect day booooyyyyyy

failed a fucking safety inspection though :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

It's like one of the worst games ever made or something.

how do you double post 5 minutes later? this is a strange magic

Stay on the page after commenting, realize you need to edit something, hit back instead of edit, and you post a new comment.

And I thought ACIII was enjoyable in spots. Incredible atmosphere and lively cities, it just really brings that Ubisoft checklist madness up to 11 and all that rubbish brings the game down as a whole. Not to mention the Desmond stuff was at its most intrusive and the story falls off the rails at the end. Also, at the console launch the game was flat out broken in spots and shouldn't have been released in such a state. PC version seemed to get rid of all of that although some of the design annoyances such as no quick menu remain. Still, if you're interested in the era it's very much worth playing and some of the historical things are fun to pay though
silly Boston tea party rendition aside
Incredible graphics as well despite some really weird performance spikes in towns.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, that goes well with
the baby QTE
at the beginning of AC2 :p

It was made by a multicultural group numbering in the hundreds.

Normally it requires the homogeneity of team of Croatians to create something so masterfully shat out.
Ha, personally I only pay for Finnish games.

It was made by a multicultural group numbering in the hundreds.

Normally it requires the homogeneity of team of Croatians to create something so masterfully shat out.

I lived with a Croatian once.

He never cleaned the dishes.

Edit: Wait ANOTHER adult swim game coming to steam?!?! Gotta buy it. At this rate they're gonna fill up half of this year's top ten for me.

MRORANGE

Half-Life 2: Episode Two will be 6 years on October 10th

Still on the best fps experiences to come out in recent years, you guys should download it to get the "Little Rocket Man" Achievement as well.

SOYERuS.jpg

I've started playing it again today...

i6CLrGw7K2h3j.png

My neck hurts :(

Sajjaja

get a regular human being sized monitor if you're gonna play m&kb ffs

24' max

Still on the best fps experiences to come out in recent years, you guys should download it to get the "Little Rocket Man" Achievement as well.

i6CLrGw7K2h3j.png

Poor man's Oculus Rift. (except you're probably not poor if you have a monitor of that size).

In my account? MW3, probably.

You hate MW3 of all the games in your account? Damn brah.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

SOYERuS.jpg

i6CLrGw7K2h3j.png

My god...

Salsa

dont mind me really im just jelly

im still on my 26 inch and I dont like it when im close, gonna get a 23'

then again I fell in love with a girl from venezuela and I need money for a trip there

it's either love or steam

that's the battlefield

edit: also on the battlefield: battlefield 4. Need money for that

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

It's not awful but if you invested time into the past 3-4 games before it like I did (AND two side games for PSP) when you reach that ending it'll retroactively shit on your face and make you wonder why you wasted your time. The ending is that awful.

The rest of the game? Buggy and at times very annoying (the syncs, especially) but if you're willing to look past that, there's some fun to be had with it.

At least Blackflag seems to have Ubisoft listening to fans like Blacklist did.

Sajjaja

dont mind me really im just jelly

im still on my 26 inch and I dont like it when im close, gonna get a 23'

then again I fell in love with a girl from venezuela and I need money for a trip there

it's either love or steam

that's the battlefield

edit: also on the battlefield: battlefield 4. Need money for that

“The battlefield is mankind’s lost paradise—the paradise in which morality and human conduct are at their highest,” he says. “One type of paradise that men imagine is about streams, beautiful maidens, and lush landscape. But there is another kind of paradise—the battlefield.”-Qassem Suleimani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom