• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Beta testing a multiplatform game on a console seems rather strange to me since on Steam there's no certification process and so updates can be pushed through as soon as they're done. In other words, it'd be more efficient to have the beta on the PC and then apply the changes to the console versions once it's over.

Beta testing a multiplatform game on a console seems rather strange to me since on Steam there's no certification process and so updates can be pushed through as soon as they're done. It'd be more efficient to have the beta on the PC and then apply the changes to the console versions once it's over.

It's even more strange since the PC version is supposedly the lead platform this time.

Beta testing a multiplatform game on a console seems rather strange to me since on Steam there's no certification process and so updates can be pushed through as soon as they're done. In other words, it'd be more efficient to have the beta on the PC and then apply the changes to the console versions once it's over.

Sounds reasonable. Would also help because online on the PC was generally completely broken ;)

But I'd say a large part of the whole thing is the marketing exercise at this stage.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

It's a Server Stress Test beta, not a "test this game" beta.

didamangi

Green Man Gaming's Ubisoft deals.

Steam games list on that sale:
R.U.S.E
Shoot Many Robots
The Expendables 2: The Videogame
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
Rocksmith
Bloody Good Time
Babel Rising
Mad Riders

Extra 20% off voucher code: GMG20-GNQYR-URU7M

The Adventures of TinTin for $2 is tempting.

edit: Not available for North America customers apparently.

Edit: How long have Ubi games been available on GMG AU? They were previously EU-exclusive.

Very good point. Being permitted to buy Anno games? That is a bit of a change.

Not that I would...but still.

The "awesome" bundle:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Kings Bounty The Legend -- MB-511A5048F8041B7F - Taken by pettson3816

I've been spoiled by the acceptable framerates (60fps) on PC, I think. Two Vita games have been rendered unplayable because of some serious dips. :/

mrgone

With all the other bundles exploding all over the thread, I thought I should mention that there's only another 6 hours or so left on the Not on Steam sale. Some amazing titles there - most of them promise Steam keys when they've made it through Greenlight (a few like Race the Sun, King Arthur's Gold, MouseCraft, and Vox have already made it through). Worth taking a look at if you havn't seen it, or another look if you caught it earlier in the week with all the games that have been added.

One Finger Death Punch is pretty much the greatest use of a single dollar I can think of :)

didamangi

That goes without saying (><)

Any ideas what new humble bundle will be about?

Hopefully Focus Humble Bundle.

Standard:
Divinity II: Developer's Cut
RAW - Realms of Ancient War (R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War)
Game of Thrones
Confrontation
Cities XL 2012
Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition

BTA:
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Wargame: European Escalation
Wargame: European Escalation - ''Commander'' (Free DLC) (Wargame: European Escalation - "Commander" (Free DLC))
Wargame European Escalation DLC2 (Wargame: European Escalation - "Conquest" (Free DLC))
Wargame: European Escalation - New Battlefields (Wargame: European Escalation - "New Battlefields" (Free DLC))
Wargame: European Escalation - ''Fatal Error'' (Free DLC)

JaseC

With all the other bundles exploding all over the thread, I thought I should mention that there's only another 6 hours or so left on the Not on Steam sale. Some amazing titles there - most of them promise Steam keys when they've made it through Greenlight (a few like Race the Sun, King Arthur's Gold, MouseCraft, and Vox have already made it through). Worth taking a look at if you havn't seen it, or another look if you caught it earlier in the week with all the games that have been added.

One Finger Death Punch is pretty much the greatest use of a single dollar I can think of :)

Cute Things Dying Violently is free, but I'm wondering how exactly the developer is supposed to guarantee a Steam key since, like Steam, you can't tie free games to your Desura account. Also, Desura seems to have ended its OFDP discount early; it's back up to $2.

Arthea

Hey Toddhunter! Thanks for Kings Bounty. Never played it, but heard good things about it.

You really should. I need to get more people in KB games, I feel so alone with my dedication to series :(
Games are samey, but if you like mechanics it isn't a problem. The Legend is good, you might need to give it time to grow on you, because it takes time to level some and build your "troops" and there is lack of resources of course.

You really should. I need to get more people in KB games, I feel so alone with my dedication to series :(
Games are samey, but if you like mechanics it isn't a problem. The Legend is good, you might need to give it time to grow on you, because it takes time to level some and build your "troops" and there is lack of resources of course.

I will definitely give it a try once i finished GTA V.

Arthea

Standard:
Game of Thrones
Confrontation
Cities XL 2012

BTA:
Wargame: European Escalation - ''Commander'' (Free DLC) (Wargame: European Escalation - "Commander" (Free DLC))
Wargame European Escalation DLC2 (Wargame: European Escalation - "Conquest" (Free DLC))
Wargame: European Escalation - New Battlefields (Wargame: European Escalation - "New Battlefields" (Free DLC))

If it is, I finally get to play Game of Thrones, I resisted so long. Dunno is it bad or good news.

Echoplx

Cute Things Dying Violently is free, but I'm wondering how exactly the developer is supposed to guarantee a Steam key since, like Steam, you can't tie free games to your Desura account. Also, Desura seems to have ended its OFDP discount early; it's back up to $2.

Free to play games that you own content for stay in your library now, so they could just give out keys for DLC or something to bind it to peoples accounts.

mrgone

Sorry about OFDP! I hadn't looked back at the Desura page since I picked it up earlier in the week. They don't guarantee a Steam key, either, but it's good enough (and cheap ennough) that I'd rebuy it if they don't distribute keys if/when they make it through Greenlight. Probably still worth giving the demo a run through from their Greenlight page and giving them a vote if it catches your fancy

As for Cute Things Dying Violently, I'm not sure about that either. Might be a case of miscommunication :p It's listed at discounted from $3 on the sale, and there's an entry in my collection for it, but it mentions there that it doesn't need a key because it's free. Maybe it's still being tracked

Deques

Standard:
Game of Thrones
Confrontation
Cities XL 2012

BTA:

Cities XL 2012 has been replaced with Cities XL Platinum

http://steamdb.info/sub/31792/#section_apps

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
The promo video for Planet Alcatraz from that 1c bundle is hilarious.

I am such a sucker for eastern european jank, especially for under a dollar. I'm gonna go broke buying garbage.

oipic

These bundles are akin to death by a thousand cuts: a Men of War Assault Squad GOTY Steam key for 50 cents? Sure, why not, right?

*sigh*

JaseC

Free to play games that you own content for stay in your library now, so they could just give out keys for DLC or something to bind it to peoples accounts.

That's just a convenience thing (and a long-overdue one): you'll notice that your game count doesn't actually go up if you buy DLC for a free game.

As for Cute Things Dying Violently, I'm not sure about that either. Might be a case of miscommunication :p It's listed at discounted from $3 on the sale, and there's an entry in my collection for it, but it mentions there that it doesn't need a key because it's free. Maybe it's still being tracked

I'm not seeing it in my collection, though I haven't opted to install it, so that may be why.

Khronico

I shouldn't look at bundles at 3 a.m., it's dangerous for my wallet...

Considering getting Star Wolves 1&3, can anyone recommend another game to throw in with that? I already own all the Men of War games except Vietnam, and all the King's Bounty games as well. Will meditate on this after a night's sleep.

Echoplx

That's just a convenience thing (and a long-overdue one): you'll notice that your game count doesn't actually go up if you buy DLC for a free game.

True, I was just thinking of ways they could do it, I really don't have much knowledge of the situation, and just having the game in your library is a reasonable solution, not everyone cares about their game count :p

Having said that I'm personally not a fan of the change, as it can be used to force games into people libraries, like spiral knights and the total war promo everyone got which forced the game into peoples libraries regardless of whether they played it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom