• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't there someone in this thread awhile ago that had an OCD fit about deleting games? I think in the end they decided to start a "fresh" account. What an amusing downward spiral that was.

Yeah it was due to a game he found incredibly offensive and wanted removed pronto. Wouldn't even say what it was and even seemed far too impatient to wait for Steam customer service to remove it.

Storm360

Ah I see, my bad then. Rename would also be a neat feature, but if we are talking about thing we want in Steam I would like to have:

- When I buy one bundle with 5 games and I already own one I would like to be able to get that extra copy to my Inventory so I can gift it.

This is already possible, devs just don't use it sadly

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Steam says I've clocked in 22hrs into tomb raider, wut. Maybe I've spent too much time taking pictures.
Last night while looking at my library, I discovered that Steam added 28 hours playtime to every game I've ever run. :|

The "friends that play" section still had correct-looking times for me. So if you're still suspicious about yours, that might be a good place to check.

Wasn't there someone in this thread awhile ago that had an OCD fit about deleting games? I think in the end they decided to start a "fresh" account. What an amusing downward spiral that was.
He's actually back from his ban now...

FloatOn

Yeah it was due to a game he found incredibly offensive and wanted removed pronto. Wouldn't even say what it was and even seemed far too impatient to wait for Steam customer service to remove it.

I mean I don't really blame him. Who would actually confess to owning Serious Sam 3?

As far as I know it was Bioshock Infinite and had to do with him being quite religious and having the protagonist undergo the forced baptism to enter Columbia in the game. I seem to remember an article being written about it.

Or I could be completely wrong about that.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I mean I don't really blame him. Who would actually confess to owning Serious Sam 3?

I take pride in the Serious Sam games on my account the same way 50 Cent takes pride in the number of times he's been shot.

It's like, motherfucker I'm still here.

Storm360

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Men of War Red Tide -- MB-736AE103889FCA78 - Taken by Pakkidis

Also, my headphones just died, any suggestions? Considering the PS3 headphones, how do they work with PCs?

FloatOn

I take pride in the Serious Sam games on my account the same way 50 Cent takes pride in the number of times he's been shot.

It's like, motherfucker I'm still here.

Damnit morningbus, I nearly did a spit take with my morning coffee at that.

What a catastrophe that would have been.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pfft. But that's the easy way!

EDIT: And how would YOU know anyway? How many games have you removed from your account, hmm? ;)

Order of War: Challenge was stolen from me and everyone else who owned it after the servers were shut down. :( It's the first and thus far only game to be removed from user libraries.

Turfster

Hello fellow GAFfers, new bundle today?

I hope it's the one with GoT
New bundle, but I doubt it'll be the Focus bundle.
That seems more like something for tomorrow.
Still, I could be wrong. We'll know in less than 4 hours.

Also, I'm considering picking up Star Wolves 1 and 2 just to complete the "trilogy" in my steam library. Sigh. Damn you OCD.

A wait and see approach doesn't inspire confidence.

Edit: Oh god, Ubi screwed the pooch on Black Flag's library entry, too:

ubiplz4todc.jpg

An acute accent is not an apostrophe!

I got it on GMG, that's only a uPlay code, right?

On the plus side, I can name my steam shortcut of it whatever the heck I want to.

Whoever is responsible for that Golden Joystick voting shite has my hatred. Several minutes of faffing around with a glitchy, shitty website only to be told I have to join CVG's website to submit my votes.

No. Fuck off.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Whoever is responsible for that Golden Joystick voting shite has my hatred. Several minutes of faffing around with a glitchy, shitty website only to be told I have to join CVG's website to submit my votes.

No. Fuck off.

Wut, Im totally voting and it's not working?

I'll have to register first?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Holy crap! I didn't know about that and just looked it up. That's terrible :(

Challenge, as an MP-only title, became functionally useless after the server shutdown, so I can understand the reasoning, however the move was still a blow to collectors like myself and it also sets a worrying precedent. The only people who still own the game now are Valve employees since third parties can't modify the Steam Master sub.

I'm considering e-mailing Wargaming and asking it to re-add the game back to the subs it was yanked from, but publishers have a habit of ignoring me. :(

I got it on GMG, that's only a uPlay code, right?

On the plus side, I can name my steam shortcut of it whatever the heck I want to.

Yeah, it'll be a Uplay key.

Knurek

What 'meaty' RPG you think is more worthy of my time? Oblivion with OOO (basically, sans level scaling) or Fallout 3 GOTY?

Haven't played either yet. And no, F:NV is not an option, I've just finished Alpha Protocol and I'm dreading more Obsidian bugs/jank.

Turfster

What 'meaty' RPG you think is more worthy of my time? Oblivion with OOO (basically, sans level scaling) or Fallout 3 GOTY?

Haven't played either yet. And no, F:NV is not an option, I've just finished Alpha Protocol and I'm dreading more Obsidian bugs/jank.
I'd go with Fallout 3.
Neither is very meaty or good story-wise, but it's the better of the two.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Everybody has this, but whatever:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Men of War Red Tide -- MB-93BFEB5F3A7E3DC9 - Taken by Deques

Edit: Jesus fuck those database errors
LLShC.gif

Fallout. Fun game, still looks good. You'll probably need to use the VATS (turn-based) system to enjoy it, but that's how the game was intended to be played anyway. Obsidian modded has still aged poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom