• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
True, I was just thinking of ways they could do it, I really don't have much knowledge of the situation, and just having the game in your library is a reasonable solution, not everyone cares about their game count :p

Having said that I'm personally not a fan of the change, as it can be used to force games into people libraries, like spiral knights and the total war promo everyone got which forced the game into peoples libraries regardless of whether they played it or not.

Prior to the change I was using a text file to keep track of the F2P games I'd bought DLC for, so I'm a fan. ;) I thought I'd bought one of the DLC packs for AoE Online, back when they were on sale for several weeks, but apparently I forgot to get around to it.

I think you're right - I just checked and I've got it installed

I can't install the game as the client gets stuck on "Verifying existing files" (there are none), but it's now showing in my collection, which is all I wanted.

Freezard

Oh man saw World in Conflict Complete Edition 75% off + voucher on GMG and got really excited until I read it's on uplay :( That game just does not get discounted anymore on Steam, I'll never get it grrr.

Purkake4

Banned
Castlevania: Mirror of Fate more or less confirmed on PC in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=694181. I might make a thread for it while I track it through the registry.

Also, Shootmania added a demo finally (click to download):

Damn, Amazon needs to price match that GMG deal since it's not for NA and I still want that damn Tintin game.
Does Shootmania still go through their own godawful frontend?

Two weeks until Naruto gets released on steam, anbody excited? I played the first two on console and they're quite brilliant.

Same publisher (NamcoBandai) and developer (CyberConnect2) as of Jojo AllStar Battle so if you buy they'll port it tooahahahahah why are you still reading stop it.

Two weeks until Naruto gets released on steam, anbody excited? I played the first two on console and they're quite brilliant.

Same publisher (NamcoBandai) and developer (CyberConnect2) as of Jojo AllStar Battle so if you buy they'll port it tooahahahahah why are you still reading stop it.

I am, but I really think the fighting-system is one of the worst. Same with Jojo. It seems more like a "casual"-fighter than a serious one. Thats the problem though with all CC2 Fighting-Games.

But the presentation and such is really great. I just wanna preorder it :)

dani_dc

I am, but I really think the fighting-system is one of the worst. Same with Jojo. It seems more like a "casual"-fighter than a serious one. Thats the problem though with all CC2 Fighting-Games.

I'm personally fine with that, lots of "serious" fighters on the market already, plus I tend to suck at them. Requires too much of a time investement to actually start taking enjoyment out of them.
Having a few products out there that are easier to play is perfectly fine and doesn't make them necessarly worst than a more "serious" figther, just different.
(That's not to say that either Naruto or Jojo are good fighters asI haven't played either of them, just making a more general point)

Acccent

copypasting my giveaway from yesterday cos no one got it (if it's too hard I'll do a normal giveaway)

This is for Rkctr, redeemable on Desura via IndieGameStand (it's on Greenlight too.)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rkctr -- MB-TOTALLYNOTTHEKEY

...HA! you weren't expecting a gift with no riddle coming from me, were you?

Solve this to find the game:

The treasure you seek has been locked away
By a faithful guardian that one cannot weigh;
The safe he chose is hard to portray:
the insectile face of this lyonnais.

Good luck!

It isn't required or anything, you'll be fine without it, but it will make a difference in fast moving games where aiming is important. Tribes is one that I would never play without this fix.

I like to think that that is why I was finding aiming so hard yesterday. Yes, that would be it :).

Just realised I haven't bought ANY games in the last 3 weeks. Something must be wrong with me!

Good man :). I am on a self imposed embargo where adding to my backlog is concerned and I have found it very hard to keep up what with all the bundles and sales and Modbotting :/.

So it looks like the English version of Space Rangers HD is finally being released on Steam on October 17th.

Space Rangers & Space Rangers 2 were removed from Steam, GOG, and every other digital store about a year ago, and I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing SR2 when I had the chance. They offered a pretty unique game experience, combining a number of seemingly disparate genres, including rogue-like, turn-based strategy, RTS, and text adventure, wrapped in a loving package of (allegedly) deliberate quirky translation from the original Russian.

Or to put it another way: imagine a bizarro 2D turn-based Elite in which you play old-school text adventures to determine your time in prison after the cops or bounty hunters take you down.

One of the highlights of the games was the sheer freedom they allowed you to achieve your primary goal of battling the Dominators - or just forget about it and do something completely different. Like in this zany after-action report, for example:

Space Rangers 2: Arthur Stone and the Rusty Nail

Kieron Gillen's 9/10 review of the original Space Rangers for Eurogamer

So - these older games were pretty amazing but unfortunately also dated: for example, the resolution was mostly locked to 1024x768. Space Rangers HD is supposed to update and enhance the experience:

wooandindeedhoo: if you happen to be reading this, I suspect this game would be right up your street ;)

Anybody round here able to read Russian and check out the Russian Steam store and forums and see if they've managed to screw up this game?

I just read the Eurogamer review. This game does indeed sound awesome :D. I'm off to read the other article you linked to now.

EDIT - lol, that article does too :D.

Presentation and style are top notch, the seamless transitions between gameplay and cutscenes blew my mind when I first played them. The PS3 version is currently £20.99 on Amazon, If it gets released at a similar price I'm definitely buying it on Steam.

Wohoo, can't wait!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Trine 2:Complete story -- MB-72A21392AEEE06EC - Taken by Altazor. 0 entrants total. - Taken by Nymphae. 2 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-C982F124E03985F4 - Taken by Spawn. 1 entrants total.
Men of War: Red Tide -- MB-EEB19306A348C001 - Taken by Kirosia. 7 entrants total.

t1381308796z1.png

I'm not sure if the Trine 2 key is still valid, but you're welcome to give it a try.

Presentation and style are top notch, the seamless transitions between gameplay and cutscenes blew my mind when I first played them. The PS3 version is currently £20.99 on Amazon, If it gets released at a similar price I'm definitely buying it on Steam.

Wohoo, can't wait!

I just think the fighting-system of the CC2-fighters is always lackluster. It doesnt have any depth and normally you just wait till you can do the QTE-attacks.

Btw. regarding the SFxT GFWL Situation:

We are not yet sure how the situation regarding Games For Windows Live closing will arrange itself so I can only for the moment suggest keep checking on our own site, which is www.capcom-unity.com. It is likely that news will be posted here as we learn more about exact times and we won't know more till then.

O Tavares

Neo Member
Of course Capcom won't do anything. It's of their interest for people to stop playing their old fighters and buy the latest Street Fighter game.

The_Monk

Hello fellow GAFfers, new bundle today?

I hope it's the one with GoT but at the same time don't know if I can get it, let's wait and see. I know the GoT game is a bit weak but I like games like this (Lord of the Rings: War in the North is another one). Either way I want it, I'm reading the Books after watching the Series (JaseC is always reading the books? Or was he watching the series?).

Also, I've been getting lot's of non-GAF invites on Steam. I'm assuming it's people wanting those 10 Friends for the Beta.

koolaroo

Also, Shootmania added a demo finally

Ugh a bit late now that the community is almost completely dead. Maybe it would help if they did a free weekend or finally discounted the game higher than 50%. Probably still too late now though. I really wanted to see shootmaina succeed but I don't feel they were very smart with their marketing.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
A wait and see approach doesn't inspire confidence.

They don't give a shit, and that's okay because the game itself is shit. But that's not for the lack of trying, they pushed hard for it with updates and marketing (and tournaments, I'm pretty sure the game will not be part of EVO if it wasn't for the Capcom money) but the game is just not good in any way; not good or fun for casual play nor competitive play, it's also boring to watch so not even the stream monsters will support it, gems (or the mechanics that they represent) for a fighting game are RIDICULOUS. For me they can let it die along GFWL, no one will miss it.
This comes from someone who loves capcom's fighting games, I think they're the best in the business.

Wow. I picked up Space Rangers in a bundle a while back, but I don't think that I've ever fired it up. I'm going to fix that right now.

I can't believe it's been so long! I still have my retail disk around here somewhere and was thinking of installing it a few months ago. We had a great time with Space Rangers 2 over on Eurogamer back in the day, lots of conversation and tips in the thread. Good times.
I hadn't realised it had been taken down a year ago but i'm glad there's a HD version on the way but i'll wait and see before i buy it as it's not by the original team.

SR2 truly was a jack-of-all-trades with so many different mission styles and most being short and sweet so they didn't drag too much. It's all coming back to me now, i'll try and post some decent impressions later on. I didn't play SR1 much as the follow up was not as clunky so i spent most time there.

tldr; Space Rangers 2 is an ace little game, give it a whirl. SR1 has dated a bit if i remember correctly.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hello fellow GAFfers, new bundle today?

I hope it's the one with GoT but at the same time don't know if I can get it, let's wait and see. I know the GoT game is a bit weak but I like games like this (Lord of the Rings: War in the North is another one). Either way I want it, I'm reading the Books after watching the Series (JaseC is always reading the books? Or was he watching the series?).

Also, I've been getting lot's of non-GAF invites on Steam. I'm assuming it's people wanting those 10 Friends for the Beta.

I was watching the series. I'll dive into the books soon, assuming I can pinch them from somebody.

I just read the Eurogamer review. This game does indeed sound awesome :D. I'm off to read the other article you linked to now.

EDIT - lol, that article does too :D.

Glad they tickled your fancy! Once of the things I love about it is how the in-game universe carries on living around you, regardless of how much you choose to participate. You can be one of the prime movers in the war against the dominators - or a shady opportunist who monitors the news feed and com channels to find out where the major battles are going to take place so you can loot the wreckage afterwards for upgrades and profits.

It is one of those rare games that makes it highly satisfying to play as a bad guy - and rewards you for it. You can be a complete dick and still win the game, or be a paragon of virtue only to watch the universe crumble around you.

Wow. I picked up Space Rangers in a bundle a while back, but I don't think that I've ever fired it up. I'm going to fix that right now.

Hope you enjoy it! I almost forgot about that myself! It was unexpectedly in Indie Gala 7, which allowed me to grab a Steam key, even though the game was no longer on sale at that point. If only they'd offered the second game as well... I guess it is too much to hope for it to appear as a bonus in the new Groupees 1C Mega Bundle...

The_Monk

I can't wait till Valve lets us delete games from our account and rename them.

You can ask them to delete your games from your account fellow GAFfer. I believe there was someone in here who sent a Support Ticket asking and they removed those games. Unless you are saying deleting by yourself.

Giran

Come on, Valve, how hard is to enable Steam entry renaming? You can totally do that for non-Steam shortcuts. smh

That, and setting multiple custom categories or tags for games so you can easily search them are features that should be a must. And it took them like 8 years to allow us to use custom images. Step it up, Valve.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You can ask them to delete your games from your account fellow GAFfer. I believe there was someone in here who sent a Support Ticket asking and they removed those games. Unless you are saying deleting by yourself.

I am saying delete them myself. The current method of contacting them is ghetto.

Xanathus

Already bought this last year in a Steam sale.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

header_292x136.jpg

Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-7ADCCFB964471BEE - Taken by intheinbetween. 1 entrants total.

t1381304881z1.png

Free game at GMG for voting in the joystick awards :)

https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com/

Mafia 2 - Civ 5

:eek: Buh buh but I'm on an adding to my backlog embargo! :'(

Hm but I have beatinated three games in the last week or so and am part way through another so just adding one FREE game to the backlog couldn't hurt right?

If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice [JaseC]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad they tickled your fancy! Once of the things I love about it is how the in-game universe carries on living around you, regardless of how much you choose to participate. You can be one of the prime movers in the war against the dominators - or a shady opportunist who monitors the news feed and com channels to find out where the major battles are going to take place so you can loot the wreckage afterwards for upgrades and profits.

It is one of those rare games that makes it highly satisfying to play as a bad guy - and rewards you for it. You can be a complete dick and still win the game, or be a paragon of virtue only to watch the universe crumble around you.

Yes, I'm really looking forward to playing it :). I'm also grateful to you for namechecking me in your post or I might have skimmed past it otherwise in my not really awake need more coffee mode I was in when I read it. Very thoughtful of you to think of me :D.

FloatOn

Wasn't there someone in this thread awhile ago that had an OCD fit about deleting games? I think in the end they decided to start a "fresh" account. What an amusing downward spiral that was.

The_Monk

I am saying delete them myself. The current method of contacting them is ghetto.

Ah I see, my bad then. Rename would also be a neat feature, but if we are talking about thing we want in Steam I would like to have:

- When I buy one bundle with 5 games and I already own one I would like to be able to get that extra copy to my Inventory so I can gift it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom