• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two weeks until Naruto gets released on steam, anbody excited? I played the first two on console and they're quite brilliant.

Same publisher (NamcoBandai) and developer (CyberConnect2) as of Jojo AllStar Battle so if you buy they'll port it tooahahahahah why are you still reading stop it.

HYPE RISING

I love it. looks great, plays great, accessible yet deep fighting system... 1080p + 16xAA... what more could I ask for? DAY 1

I can't wait till Valve lets us delete games from our account and rename them.
i0VzNU2YkKNmY.gif

Weenerz

Banned
Dark Sector | Steam Key: GZ356-E70Q9-ALP6Q
Space Pirates and Zombies | Steam Key: D7DWQ-NJ2WE-IDD84
Guardians of Graxia + Map Pack DLC | Steam Key: WFLFB-302MN-JL2IR

Enjoy lurkers and members alike.

Tellaerin

Hey, Jase. Lemme tell you a secret: Firefox sucks!

Hey now. I like Firefox. Mainly because it doesn't try to add anything like that bullshit Google Update Service when I install it. I do my damnedest to keep my machine free of unnecessary crap, so I definitely don't appreciate it when programs insist on installing background services like that. >_<

ow, something's not right - ModBot PM'd me telling me I won Trine 2 and I used the key before noticing the post was edited saying Nymphae won. Did I fuck up? :(

Nah. It was probably just an unfortunate side-effect of GAF being a bit twitchy earlier. Gotta feel sorry for Nymphae, but I don't think that anybody could accuse you of doing anything wrong.

Dec

Hey now. I like Firefox. Mainly because it doesn't try to add anything like that bullshit Google Update Service when I install it. I do my damnedest to keep my machine free of unnecessary crap, so I definitely don't appreciate it when programs insist on installing background services like that. >_<

Firefox is better than Chrome IMO. I edited so many text rendering files to try to get Chrome to look right but it never did. The text is thin and harder to read while in Firefox is super thick. Editing text size in settings destroyed page formatting.

i7j0BWhi7v6t.png

Plus, you can't customize exactly what's on your new tab page? The fuck.

Also forgot to mention Last Pass is worse on Chrome. On firefox it opens little window prompts to generate passwords and such, on Chrome it opens a new tab that is 99% white space.

KarmaCow

Zack Zero is one of those games where I feel bad playing it. The game is just okay with a few bugs and feels pretty low budget but at the same time it feels like the developers tried to make something better than they could. Even saying that is a endless loop of feeling sorry for the developers and then feeling bad for even thinking that because it's kinda insulting.

MNC

Half-Life 2: Episode Two will be 6 years on October 10th

Still on the best fps experiences to come out in recent years, you guys should download it to get the "Little Rocket Man" Achievement as well.

SOYERuS.jpg

I've started playing it again today...

i6CLrGw7K2h3j.png

My neck hurts :(
I am in good need of a monitor, that thing looks awesome. How big is it, and what type? I have no monitor knowledge whatsoever so school me a bit.

MaLDo

1) It's art style is ugly, repetitive, and at its worst is actually repulsive (thanks for the extra detail of the gaping vagina on the flying monster, Croteam).

2) It's fluid in the sense that you're a flying head weightlessly traversing bland and samey spaces.

3) Polio is old school and yet that doesn't inherently elevate it.

4) Difficulty can be hard to gauge in the game depending on the settings you roll with. If you give yourself infinite lives, it isn't very difficult. Regardless, monster closets aren't difficult: they're just tedious.

5) There is no value in finding the hidden secrets beyond traversing the same levels even more.

But if you read my first sentence

I enjoyed from the first minute to the last

all your points are pointless, because is the most important thing of all.

Serious Sam 3 has 83 in metacritic users ratio. It's a very very good average for an horrible game.

Ugly art style?. Nonononono.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I loved Serious Sam 3 but for the love of god Croteam PLEASE leave Egypt in Serious Sam 4. I've seen enough of it in Serious Sam now.

Lint21

Neo Member
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-2EB40280EB5DCA59 - Taken by Freezard. 1 entrants total.

t1381346685z1.png

fantomena

You guys don't need sleep.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-E4898D87D55C11F5 - Taken by Tellaerin. 19 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Sid Meier's Civilization V was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1381356675z1.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I like the softness in Serious Sam 3's rendering but the art style is just so drab and boring, especially compared to the very colorful originals. Even the gameplay just wasn't up to the task.

I loved first and second encounter but SS3 was a huge mis-step.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I got eighty bucks sitting in my wallet from selling a CS:GO item. I have no idea what to do with it. Besides probably getting that Teleglitch DLC.

Has there been any hint of how much Deadly Premonition will cost?

Nothing official, but I'd assume $30 given that the RRP of the PS3 version is $40.

I like the softness in Serious Sam 3's rendering but the art style is just so drab and boring, especially compared to the very colorful originals. Even the gameplay just wasn't up to the task.

One thing I distinctly recall being odd is that the first time the game gets "serious", a heavy metal song kicks in, but this little creative flourish is never used again.

Lint21

Neo Member
Zack Zero is one of those games where I feel bad playing it. The game is just okay with a few bugs and feels pretty low budget but at the same time it feels like the developers tried to make something better than they could. Even saying that is a endless loop of feeling sorry for the developers and then feeling bad for even thinking that because it's kinda insulting.

I only played it for about half an hour because I don't really like platformers. That said, I thought it was pretty enjoyable for what it was. The swapping powers mechanic was pretty interesting. I do agree with your general sentiment - it's like they tried to polish it more than your average indie game but couldn't quite make it, resulting in a kind of weird in-between.

It felt kind of like a Dreamcast game to me...

Dec

One thing I distinctly recall being odd is that the first time the game gets "serious", a heavy metal song kicks in, but this little creative flourish is never used again.

Thankfully. I was playing Painkiller the other day, the same metal song starts every time an enemy spawns and just loops for 10 minutes. Maybe it's just me though, repetitive sounds give me a headache extremely quickly, like literally anything.

Freezard

I don't like the art style in SS3 either, I'm so sick of the eternal Egypt theme. I still like the game though even though it introduced many things that shouldn't exist in the Serious Sam games (sprinting, reloading, stealth missions, too much running around in small interiors, big fat melee hammer that makes you feel nauseous when using it). Hopefully they'll go back to the roots in SS4.

It seems you guys haven't played SS2 though because that game is awful, a lot worse than SS3. As a fan I couldn't even stand a playthrough.

Freezard

Oh thanks Lint21 for Space Pirates and Zombies! Looks like I was the only one who entered the raffle o_O

EDIT: Whops double post :<

Accoun

It seems you guys haven't played SS2 though because that game is awful, a lot worse than SS3. As a fan I couldn't even stand a playthrough.

Ah, yeah. I'm not sure if I actually finished the demo back in the day. Probably quited halfway through...

Looked through the Bundlestars website and ended up putting 5 bundles in my cart...I think I need to stop before I press checkout, I'm never going to play these games why am I thinking of buying them!

Looked through the Bundlestars website and ended up putting 5 bundles in my cart...I think I need to stop before I press checkout, I'm never going to play these games why am I thinking of buying them!
Just buy one bundle, like the little game collectors (hoarders) that we are
Collecting IS the game

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

It didn't really step anywhere. It's basically just more Serious Sam with prettier graphics and better melee. Level destruction was a nice touch, but it didn't affect gameplay much.

But I feel like it's time for that subgenre to move forwards, even though it's retro. The new FPS roguelikes, for example, are a really interesting direction to go in.

Tellaerin

...I really want to see someone start a game bundle site called "Bundlefly". They can get Jeff Goldblum to be their spokesman.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Woo!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Cook, Serve, Delicious!, -- MB-2851F5523420374C - Taken by MikeDip. 85 entrants total.

t1381360005z1.png

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It didn't really step anywhere. It's basically just more Serious Sam with prettier graphics and better melee. Level destruction was a nice touch, but it didn't affect gameplay much.

But I feel like it's time for that subgenre to move forwards, even though it's retro. The new FPS roguelikes, for example, are a really interesting direction to go in.

I highly recommend the new Shadow Warrior. It's probably my favourite FPS this year and using the katana is glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom