• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Valve is holding a conference in January called Steam Dev Days.

Steam Dev Days is a two-day game developer’s conference where professionals can meet in a relaxed, off the record environment. Developers will share their design and industry expertise, participate in roundtable discussions and attend lectures by industry veterans on topics ranging from game economies to VR, Linux/OpenGL, user-generated content and more. Developers will also have direct access to Valve’s Steam Team, and will be given a chance to test-drive and provide feedback on Steam OS, prototype Steam Machines and Steam Controllers.

bronson

Cook Serve Delicious is legit. The core multitasking mechanics are simple, but there's a lot of stuff in there to mix it up (inspectors, robbers, time/day/weather variables). I was just getting bored when I added soup to my menu and I totally got my ass kicked. Great stuff, recommended.

Kammie

We have big beers like that in Brazil too. They're nice. Hard to get cold though...
I buy these when I decide I want to spend a hot steamy night with Steam, so my only recourse is to stick them in the freezer. It's happened a couple times that I've forgotten about them since I get too absorbed in a game, and the next morning I find a damn mess. lol.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I want to spend a hot steamy night with Steam

YW6Aof3.gif

Grief.exe

Wasn't Mirror of Fate just poorly received on the 3DS period? How's an HD release on PC going to help?

It was poorly received, but a game on more platforms will always bring in at least a little revenue. They are probably doing the port as cheaply as possible.

Haunted

Need SteamGAFs oinion on these games:

Shoot Many Robots
Cliffs of Dover
Theatre of War
FaltOut 2
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
iBOMBER games
Necrovision

Are any of them any good? iBOMBER seems anythough way too mobile-like games.
I can vouch for Flatout Ultimate Carnage (which is an enhanced remake of Flatout 2). Dirty and destructive arcade racing with some fun game modes thrown in.

Necrovision is... not that great.

ibomber is indeed a mobile game ported over.

Shoot Many Robots is a decent side scrolling shooter but it kinda gets old fast if you play it by yourself.

Edit: What the hell, took the plunge on Assassin's Creed 3. Had a couple of bucks in my wallet from selling cards so it came out to 9$.

MRORANGE

Steam padding time!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Dark Sector -- MB-202061C9B2F35064 - Taken by georaldc. 13 entrants total.
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-E6A70BB13ECE1862 - Taken by KMD. 3 entrants total.
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator -- MB-5EA70ED215394A88 - Taken by fernandes. 3 entrants total.
Cannon Fodder 3 -- MB-163880D7C11EB67C - Taken by Melted77. 3 entrants total.
Warframe -- MB-9A84164CF9D49F9A - Taken by Cuban Legend. 3 entrants total.
Guardians of Graxia -- MB-FF986B95BE425680 - Taken by animlboogy. 1 entrants total.
1953 KGB Unleashed -- MB-9F2CA6961D3DC306 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 2 entrants total.
Guardians of Graxia Elves & Dwarves DLC -- MB-D381A8BEFC7612B2 - Taken by Mengy. 1 entrants total.

t1381383541z1.png

Enjoy.

kuYuri

Since the other OT is pretty inactive, for those in the Steam Family Sharing beta.. just to confirm, are these steps the gist of getting a friend/family member to be part of the library sharing?

1. Change password to something different.
2. Give account info (email/new password) to friend/family.
3. Friend/family logs into Steam using your (original owner's) account info.
4. While logged into original owner's account, on Steam client, friend/family navigates to Settings > Account > Manage Family Sharing and Devices. Authorize their own PC. They now have access to original account owner's library.
5. Friend/family logs out of original owner's account.
6. Original owner logs back into own account and change password again to whatever they want.

MRORANGE

Awesome giveaway orange. Isn't Warframe F2P though? How would the key work. Is it just a starter pack key?

Should still redeem on Steam apparently.

It is in game currency or whatever they make you buy.

^yup.

I think I found another GAFfer made game on Greenlight:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=184635793

at least the art style is somewhat consistent:

637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage

Gonna greenlight this.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Should still redeem on Steam apparently.

^yup.

at least the art style is somewhat consistent:

637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage
637x358.resizedimage

Gonna greenlight this.

After that last pic with the real life kitchen, I'm convinced this game was made in RPG Maker 2013. If games from RPG Maker get onto steam then I'm putting my MUGEN mods on steam :p.

Nabs

Since the other OT is pretty inactive, for those in the Steam Family Sharing beta.. just to confirm, are these steps the gist of getting a friend/family member to be part of the library sharing?

4. While logged into original owner's account, on Steam client, friend/family navigates to Settings > Account > Manage Family Sharing and Devices. Authorize their own PC. They now have access to original account owner's library.
6. Original owner logs back into own account and change password again to whatever they want.

Yep.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

7. Lose account on the process because this is the internet we're talking about.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thankfully. I was playing Painkiller the other day, the same metal song starts every time an enemy spawns and just loops for 10 minutes. Maybe it's just me though, repetitive sounds give me a headache extremely quickly, like literally anything.

Well, it could have been used sporadically and more tracks thrown into the mix so as to not feel monotonous. I thought it was a neat touch that was oddly underused.

Awww yeah got my mothafuckin' Ass Flags 4 Ubishit Deluxe edition thanks to Jasec.

tumblr_mu9qa048yE1rmyfvko5_r1_250.gif

:eek: Joe Molotov says that JaseC gives sexual favours for cheap!

That's libel Jase; I would sue if I were you!

That's okay... he's right. :p

Good news people who pre-ordered Retro City Rampage.

You're getting both PS3/Vita versions for free!

Retro City Rampage Celebrates its 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

Thanks for all of the support and pre-ordering Retro City Rampage last year.

Those who pre-ordered it on PC can now login to their download page for FREE PlayStation 3 and PS Vita versions!

This is in addition to the DRM-Free, Steam and GOG versions, as well as the Fangamer coupon, Norrin Radd soundtrack and other bonus items! That's FIVE copies of the game for the price of one.

It's another way to say thanks for being among the most devoted fans.

If you've lost your email from the store with your download link, please go here:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/keyresender

Also, if you haven't checked the game out recently, it's received a number of updates over the past year. Additions and improvements. You can play the prototype ROM, create mods and more!

Watch this anniversary video which outlines all of the additions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouZjZPT9JZ8

Thanks for your continued support!
Brian Provinciano
Developer of Retro City Rampage

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's not a bad thing to do. Your move, Hotline Miami.

I'm up against Nintendo's marketing team for Pokemon in CS:GO. They are all named after the Gym Leaders. This is fucking terrifying.

Pix or didn't happen.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
And how do you know they work for Nintendo instead of just being a really weird cosplay clan? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom