• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotto

Played a few hours of Tactical Intervention today, couldn't find a thread for it. That highway mission is hilariously fun. No doubt the game is janky but I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. The cash shop definitely leaves something to be desired though.

Played a few hours of Tactical Intervention today, couldn't find a thread for it. That highway mission is hilariously fun. No doubt the game is janky but I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. The cash shop definitely leaves something to be desired though.

How much content do you think it has? I have been looking at it and wondering, but the download is a little large for a "try and see"

Copons

Excellent.

Edit: GamersGate's new Daily is 75% off Jet Set Radio ($1.25). Also, I don't think the seemingly imminent Capcom sale is going to be particularly exciting for me since the discounts on Remember Me, RE6 and RER are all likely to disappoint (66% off across the board, with the possible exception of Remember Me at 50% off, methinks), plus RER is the only one of the lot that isn't region-locked.

Woah, Jet Set Radio at that price (1€ for dear EUnion mates), or at whatever price really, is sogood.gif sogood.gif sogood.gif.

Its controls didn't age super well (they don't seem "tight" anymore, but maybe is just nostalgia effect and they weren't even back in the days), but concept, graphics, entertainment and that music!!

I'd quadruple dip (already got DC Pal, DC NTSC and Steam) but I'm too lazy to open an account on GamersGate. :D

Lotto

How much content do you think it has? I have been looking at it and wondering, but the download is a little large for a "try and see"

Doesn't look like it has much. From what I gathered, you start off with some in-game currency which could be used to buy weapons/cosmetics/accessories ranging from renting the weapon for 7 days to owning it permanently (prices are ridiculous though). You start off with 3 primary weapons (Scorpion SMG/Shotgun/M1 Rifle) and a pistol. I've only played about 3 different maps (Skyline/Highway/Shopping Mall), not sure if there are any more but they are divided into sections depending on the mode. As far as modes go I've played protect the VIP (which is AI controlled), Protect/Rescue the hostages, and team deathmatch.

Edit: They do try some interesting mechanics that I'm not really sure about yet. The circular reticule map seems to work but it might feel intrusive at times. You can roll in the game which can extinguish you if you're on fire (rolling seems completely useless so far but it's kinda fun to do). You can rappel from some areas but it can be annoying trying to use it. Leaning/blind firing is in the game if that's your thing (it works really well if you're a passenger in a car). There are some objects you can fiddle around with (pressure tanks/extinguishers). That's all I can remember from the top of my head. I'll probably try some more tomorrow.

M09482

Neo Member
So why is The Walking Dead broken? I'm a big fan of the TV Series (although I think it pales in comparison to the comic) and I've watched a playthrough of the game up to episode 5. Was thinking of getting it when on sale before season 2 comes out, but if it's broken I might just play it on my brothers Xbox.

Deques

So why is The Walking Dead broken? I'm a big fan of the TV Series (although I think it pales in comparison to the comic) and I've watched a playthrough of the game up to episode 5. Was thinking of getting it when on sale before season 2 comes out, but if it's broken I might just play it on my brothers Xbox.

Is it broken for you? I don't understand you

Copons

Played it trough all 5 episodes and 400 Days and never had a single problem (except an occasional crash, but I can't ascribe it to the game really).

People usually talk about lost saves issues, but also I think some patch fixed it. I don't know: I played lots of separate sessions and I even uninstalled it between the main game and the DLC, and when I reinstalled it, it got back my save correctly.

haikira

Found myself with a 75% coupon for Devolver Digital, I think for buying Shadow Warrior. Was thinking of grabbing a Serious Sam game. Just wondering though. If I could only get one Serious Sam game on Steam, which one should it be?

I don't know why you would watch a game like that? But in no particular order I hit:

* It has the usual telltale problem with Dinput8.dll and will not load until it is resolved.
* Shadows make the game stutter like crazy so I have to disable them completely (AMD)
* I lost my save transitioning from episodes 1>2, 3>4 and 4>5 when they were released.
* Recovering the save mostly worked, but even then two major decisions were not reflected properly.
* When going from episode 2>3 and 4>5 the game failed to "save" the end of it and I couldn't progress, so I had to play through the last sections twice.
* I hit the issue in episode 4 where you are stuck and can't progress and have to revert to an earlier save.
* Occasionally the game would just crash.

As I understand it, the save issue is not as bad now that all the episodes are all out.
But it was not patched or even acknowledged despite being a seemingly trivial fix for the most important part of their game (saving your choices). I'm still salty about it all because otherwise it was just so darn good.

Of course others will have no issues which is fine and you can always expect problems in games. But I'm not giving them another cent until they actually start responding to and fixing their bugs.

Unless their games are on sale or in a bundle of course. Then all bets are off.

---

Meanwhile Steam machines will not just be Nvidia. http://www.maximumpc.com/valve_steam_machines_won’t_be_exclusive_nvidia_2013. So... I'm struggling to see much of the point.

M09482

Neo Member
I don't know why you would watch a game like that?

I was bored. Was really into The Walking Dead at the time, wanted more but no new episodes or comics and people were raving about the game so I watched the playthrough since I didn't have access to the game.

I understand what you mean though, got bored of it half-way through episode 3.

didamangi

Found myself with a 75% coupon for Devolver Digital, I think for buying Shadow Warrior. Was thinking of grabbing a Serious Sam game. Just wondering though. If I could only get one Serious Sam game on Steam, which one should it be?

The coupon work with the new Shadow Warrior? That's surprising.

Faustek

I literally shudder when someone mentions Skyrim as the Game of the Generation.

You're not alone. I seriously don't see how people think when they actually think Skyrim was/can be the best game.

I always chuck it up to them not playing any other TES games or Skyrim being their first "big" game in the genre.

But the biggest gripe I have with these people....when they call for "Skyrim 2"...Seriously?

PS. These people as in These people wanting "Skyrim 2" or believing "THE ELDER SCROLLS V: Skyrim" Need a "Skyrim 2" -.-

haikira

Actually it seems the poster got the coupon because they bought Shadow Warrior.

Yup, that's what I meant. Just coming off an all nighter, so unfortunately stringing together concise sentences is a bit of a challenge at the minute.

I think I've spent enough on games recently, so on second thought, I don't think I'm going to use the coupon. If anyone wants it, just shoot me a pm and I'll give it to the first person who responds. I'd recommend using it for some cheap Hotline Miami, for anyone who doesn't happen to own it.

EDIT: Actually. Can you trade coupons? In the tags section, it mentions it's tradable, but I don't see any trade button for it.

EDIT2: After searching about it. I think you need to invite to trade, from chat?

didamangi

It doesn't. Foul Play is also excluded -- you're limited to Devolver games that were released prior to Shadow Warrior going up on the store.

Actually it seems the poster got the coupon because they bought Shadow Warrior.

Plus I don't think they would allow a recent game like that to get such a steep cut (even if that voucher would have to be given to someone else) :p

Yeah, I fail at reading :D

destx

If I could only get one Serious Sam game on Steam, which one should it be?
They're all pretty enjoyable if you're a cool guy who likes fun games. I couldn't really justify recommending one over another though, because they're all fairly similar in gameplay - which usually boils down to shooting lots of dumb bads and solving simple puzzles. All of them are best enjoyed as co-op games with friends.

SSHD First Encounter is a fine place to start, Second Encounter is the same as First, but with more diverse environments and a couple new monsters and weapons.

Serious Sam 2 takes the diverse environments and monsters further, but the cartoony theme didn't appeal with the fan-base when it was released so it has a bad reputation. I only played it earlier this year, I thought it was completely insane and really enjoyed it.

Serious Sam 3 scales it back again, having a modern/post-apocalyptic egyptian theme and some modern mechanics with really nice visuals.

morningbus pls go

Knurek

They're all pretty enjoyable if you're a cool guy who likes fun games. I couldn't really justify recommending one over another though, because they're all fairly similar in gameplay - which usually boils down to shooting lots of dumb bads and solving simple puzzles. All of them are best enjoyed as co-op games with friends.

Also take note that if you prefer the 'cinematic' gameplay of modern FPS (Half-Life, CoD, etc), you will most likely find the games boring.
If you enjoyed Quake 1 in single player, you're good to go.

Also take note that if you prefer the 'cinematic' gameplay of modern FPS (Half-Life, CoD, etc), you will most likely find the games boring.
If you enjoyed Quake 1 in single player, you're good to go.

At least to me Quake 1 shines because of its level design which is rather boring and linear in SS so I'm not sure if I agree...

That's okay... he's right. :p

:eek:
Slut!
Harlot!
Wanton woman!
Um man.
Uh person.
Um politically correct designation of your choosing.

pls don't sue me k thx bai

Also, this is pretty funny

Hm, they refer to you as a plural entity!
:eek: You're the borg aren't you?!
That's how come you know everything!
Please don't assimilate me! :(
Take Jase! He has far more games than me!

Sorry Jase.

I got bored with Batman AA after
poison ivy
, the boss/miniboss fights were dumb as fuck, even DmC had better boss fights, lol.

Might give Origins a try when the price is down.

I was bored with AA from the intro onwards and barely got out of that state until I finally finished that game. I kept waiting for the fun that I'd been led to believe was there by the internet :/.

Woah, Jet Set Radio at that price (1€ for dear EUnion mates), or at whatever price really, is sogood.gif sogood.gif sogood.gif.

Its controls didn't age super well (they don't seem "tight" anymore, but maybe is just nostalgia effect and they weren't even back in the days), but concept, graphics, entertainment and that music!!

I'd quadruple dip (already got DC Pal, DC NTSC and Steam) but I'm too lazy to open an account on GamersGate. :D

They weren't; the sequel stomped all over it in that regard. It stomped all over it in pretty much every regard actually.

destx

At least to me Quake 1 shines because of its level design which is rather boring and linear in SS so I'm not sure if I agree...

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't categorize them together. The only game I've played that's really similar is Painkiller, and maaayyybe Bulletstorm, but that's a stretch.

Copons

They weren't; the sequel stomped all over it in that regard. It stomped all over it in pretty much every regard actually.

Eh, I dunno. When I played JSRF I didn't really liked the new stuff (propulsion and "vertical running" IIRC). It seemed to me a shift to less interesting fields.
Mainly, I hated the futuristic setting, while I loved the present-day Tokyo locations (with lots of waves of feels when I went there and suddenly I saw the Shibuya bus station IRL <3 ).

Also, I played it with the mega fat Xbox controller and it was super painful, so maybe that's it. :(

Eh, I dunno. When I played JSRF I didn't really liked the new stuff (propulsion and "vertical running" IIRC). It seemed to me a shift to less interesting fields.
Mainly, I hated the futuristic setting, while I loved the present-day Tokyo locations (with lots of waves of feels when I went there and suddenly I saw the Shibuya bus station IRL <3 ).

Also, I played it with the mega fat Xbox controller and it was super painful, so maybe that's it. :(

Oh that was a monstrosity wasn't it? Used to give me pins and needles after a few minutes play :/.

If you have fewer games, that means you have less to lose. ;)

buh buh but teh Borg! :(

valouris

I voted on that thing on all of the categories but when I try to redeem my game it says I haven't and that I should go do it. Eh. It also says to give it 24 hours though, so we'll see.

Anustart

Ugh. Alt + Tabbing out of Mirror's Edge funks with my system. Screen goes black, can't close the game, can't reopen it. Only fix seems to be a restart.

Knurek

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't categorize them together. The only game I've played that's really similar is Painkiller, and maaayyybe Bulletstorm, but that's a stretch.

What I played of Serious Sam gave me the same feeling I had when playing Q1.
Although yes, Painkiller is more like this game.

Deques

A new day, a new bundle: IndieGala October Bundle

$1 Tier
  • RefleX (Desura)
  • Eryi's Action (Desura)
  • Satazius (Steam)
  • Unlock 2nd week (Steam)
  • Unlock 2nd week (Desura)

BTA (Price locked at $4.99 for the first 8 hours)
  • Fairy Bloom Freesia + OST[4] (Steam)
  • Gorky 17 (Steam)
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition (Steam)
  • Two Worlds II (Steam)
  • Two Worlds II DLC Pirates of the Flying Fortress (Steam)
  • Crusader Kings 2 (Steam)
  • Ether Vapor Remastere + OST (Steam)

blocked_price.png

All games are individual keys

Xanathus

Not sure if I should wait for the BTA price to go down, it seems like it would only go up since everyone is only going to get the BTA bundle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A new day, a new bundle: IndieGala October Bundle

$1 Tier
  • RefleX (Desura)
  • Eryi's Action (Desura)
  • Satazius (Steam)
  • Unlock 2nd week (Desura)

BTA (Price locked at $4.99 for the first 8 hours)
  • Fairy Bloom Freesia + OST[4] (Steam)
  • Gorky 17 (Steam)
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition (Steam)
  • Two Worlds II (Steam)
  • Two Worlds II DLC Pirates of the Flying Fortress (Steam)
  • Crusader Kings 2 (Steam)
  • Ether Vapor Remastere + OST (Steam)

blocked_price.png

All games are individual keys

Reflex and Eryi's Action are on Greenlight, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom