• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I just voted for one game, then submitted. Was worried that it wasn't enough, but I checked the link this morning and got the key.

I voted a bunch. Created an account and voted on a shitload of games.

I never got to the end to submit the votes though.

Hawkie

I just voted for one game, then submitted. Was worried that it wasn't enough, but I checked the link this morning and got the key.

Received my key (Civ5) also earlier today.

I voted a bunch. Created an account and voted on a shitload of games.

I never got to the end to submit the votes though.

Didn't need to vote on everything but did have to hit the Submit button back on the main page after your selection(s).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I really hate that stuff. Why the hell do they do that? I'm guessing to prevent giving away stuff you don't want, but that's my choice, not theirs. :/

It would be pretty sweet if when you entered a multi-game key they would show a list of the games and you could check off the ones you wished to activate. I would probably have a lot less indie garage on my list if I could have done that.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
IndieGala average purchase price so far is about 5.03, so I would suspect that when the price lock lifts the average should float at least a little bit up rather than down. Might be worth buying now if you want the BTA.
When does the lock lift? I won't be home for the next 7 hours, and I wouldn't want to miss it.

Zia

The Stanley Parable arrives Oct 17. It's a wonderful reinvention of the original.

... hope my beta copy transitions to retail. ; p

Edit:

In case you guys haven't seen it, Eurogamer just published a report that they have multiple sources saying that GTAV will launch Q1 2014 on PC.

Early 2014 is looking like a monster. Titanfall, Dark Souls II, Destiny (hopefully), and GTAV. I'm really not even interested in any games coming out in 2013!

And this is why, as much as I'm enjoying it, I'm putting GTA V on 360 down the minute I finish the narrative.

Grief.exe

In case you guys haven't seen it, Eurogamer just published a report that they have multiple sources saying that GTAV will launch Q1 2014 on PC.

Early 2014 is looking like a monster. Titanfall, Dark Souls II, Destiny (hopefully), and GTAV. I'm really not even interested in any games coming out in 2013!

I'd kill for a Destiny PC release. I'd definitely maim for a Destiny PC release. But I'm doubtful.

Tagyhag

I'd kill for a Destiny PC release. I'd definitely maim for a Destiny PC release. But I'm doubtful.
Yeah as much as I would like that. Bungie was pretty much given up on the PC. If it ever comes it will be a shoddy port by a third party company.

Would love to eat crow though.

Turfster

I have discovered I am just too old for GTAV.
The game isn't fun, and once it locked me into being a fucking psycho nutball, taking all agency away from me, I was done with it. I still lament the money I wasted on it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Received my key (Civ5) also earlier today.

Didn't need to vote on everything but did have to hit the Submit button back on the main page after your selection(s).

Site is back, but slow as ever. On the main page, there's no Submit button, there's just a "start the vote" button. There's a submit vote each time I select a game on a category, and those I clicked.

Hawkie

Site is back, but slow as ever. On the main page, there's no Submit button, there's just a "start the vote" button. There's a submit vote each time I select a game on a category, and those I clicked.

Maybe I'm recalling it wrong but after selecting your choice it brings you back to the main listing showing which categories you have voted for (indicated by a tick). At the bottom of that list was a button to make your final submission (submit/vote) then a confirmation screen indicating all done.

I'm pretty sure the lack of having a presence of Marathon beyond the free copies buried on their website proves just how few shits they give about PC.
But Oni would go so well following up on Septerra Core. Let's get Shogo in there too, why not. I wanna relive the surge of weeaboo games from the late '90s.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Maybe I'm recalling it wrong but after selecting your choice it brings you back to the main listing showing which categories you have voted for (indicated by a tick). At the bottom of that list was a button to make your final submission (submit/vote) then a confirmation screen indicating all done.

It didn't, it just went to the next category. I see the "submit your votes!" button now, but I can't click it.

Oh well, there's 10 more days for the votation.

Colin.

The Stanley Parable arrives Oct 17. It's a wonderful reinvention of the original.

... hope my beta copy transitions to retail. ; p

Looking forward to playing this at some point. Only played the original source mod, but loved the premise of it. I enjoyed the narrative, and how the story goes is entirely up to you essentially through your choices.

NJ is now taxable for Amazon? why?

Use an address from Alaska to get rid of the tax. Since it's just digital codes, it doesn't matter what address you use.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The game isn't fun, and once it locked me into being a fucking psycho nutball, taking all agency away from me, I was done with it. I still lament the money I wasted on it.

Really? I'm kinda hoping 5 (when it comes to PC) is much better than 4. 4 outside of the multiplayer left a pretty sour taste in my mouth to where I didn't give the expansions the time of day.

The agency bit is what has left me pretty cold on it.

I don't think it's an age of you thing, I think that gaming has evolved in subtle but meaningful ways over the last 5 years and GTA hasn't really. I mean it has technically, but the core of the game isn't all that different.

The masses love it though.

I don't get it. How could someone think this is not funny?

tumblr_lalzi6Hv251qdy5ajo1_500.gif

What's funny about it? :/

Really? I'm kinda hoping 5 (when it comes to PC) is much better than 4. 4 outside of the multiplayer left a pretty sour taste in my mouth to where I didn't give the expansions the time of day.

I don't think either of you is fully appreciating the incredible achievement of Rockstar in this case!

I am satirising their comment to the press over RDR in case anyone took the above literally.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

You missed out then. Gay Tony was everything that GTA4 should have been. Fantastic character design and writing, hilarious cutscenes and mission set ups, and just all around great mission design. You get an auto-shotty that fires explosive slugs very early on and the game lets you use it for everything after. Combine that with remote detonation C4 that can be tossed absurd distances and you have a guaranteed good-ass time.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Gay Tony was a better story from what little I went through of it, but that still couldn't override just how boring and tedious the world and it's game play felt to me. I hear GTA V improved that, but I just don't know if I want to even try to find out.

Of course my main issue is that after Sleeping Dogs and other titles, I don't want to go back to that old PS2 era created style of open world combat and running around, it's just not fun for me. If it's open world, I rather have a enjoyable way to get around that doesn't involve driving somewhere to get a vehicle I want, I desire something that is fun even if it's just my base character on his/her own.

What's funny about it? :/

Not a fan of puns are you?

TheSeks

You missed out then. Gay Tony was everything that GTA4 should have been. Fantastic character design and writing, hilarious cutscenes and mission set ups, and just all around great mission design. You get an auto-shotty that fires explosive slugs very early on and the game lets you use it for everything after. Combine that with remote detonation C4 that can be tossed absurd distances and you have a guaranteed good-ass time.

*shrug* Maybe if the GotY version goes on a Steam sale I'll probably pick it up (if they patch out Games for Windows?) but I'm not too bothered. I did hear they were better than the base game but the base game didn't impress me enough.

Turfster

5 looks great, and the underlying AI systems are impressive... but the game is just not fun.
A big part of the problem is the characters, really, which I'll come back to in a bit. First, let me talk about the horribad interface. You're racing and you get spun out so badly that it's impossible to catch up anymore? Well, too bad, there's no restart option anywhere in the menus. Better get out and kill yourself to try again. Really? It takes like, 5 minutes to put in that option, Rockstar, since you have it for 'real' missions.
You don't like a certain radio station? Well, too bad, since you can't enable/disable/set a favorite one. Nope, you get random shit music (and the music selection really is shit) every time you get into a car, and then you have to laboriously switch to a radio station you like/turn the radio off every time. Apparently, the GTA Online interface is even worse, with options scattered over like, 4 different places, including menus, your ingame phone, etc. Haven't tried that because of how utterly broken GTAO still is. Have I mentioned the fact that when you're playing Franklin, the game nags you to get the iFruit app on your phone/ipad/whatever with a big popup overlay like, every 20 minutes?

Now, the characters.
There's Franklin, who is forced to run around with crackhead morons that go nigga nigga dog nigga nigga nigga nigga dog nigga dog nigga nigga the whole time, which I got tired of in the 90s. Michael is an old bankrobber with family problems, which while incredibly cliché, was... bearable. They do a heist together eventually, which was actually sort of fun, but then...
Then the game switches you to Trevor, locking you there. Trevor is a psycho nutball
that beats a dude to death in the first minute of you switching to him because he was fucking the guy's girlfriend and he dared say something about it, then moves on to killing pretty much all his biker friends and as an encore pushes another guy's caravan into the river. When the guy comes out, a shotgun is put into your hands and you're basically going nowhere until you blow his face off.
Have fun being this guy!

Maybe you can get past it like so many other people seem to, but I just... I'm done, I think.
While GTA4 wasn't all that great and the disconnect between what Niko said and what Niko had to do in the game was big, at least I didn't want my own fucking character to die in a fire. I'll stick to stuff like Sleepydogs and Saints Row from now on.

Scuse the rant, but I'm really pissed at myself for giving in to duckroll's nagging to get it =p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
*shrug* Maybe if the GotY version goes on a Steam sale I'll probably pick it up (if they patch out Games for Windows?) but I'm not too bothered. I did hear they were better than the base game but the base game didn't impress me enough.

If they bother to patch in Steamworks as a replacement I'm definitely gonna replay both episodes and possibly try to get all their achievements.

I just purchased the IndieGala October for $5, but when I click on it on my profile page there are no keys whatsoever, it only shoes my total indie gala points :(

Hope it's temporary and gets fixed.

Turfster

Daily: Stardrive 66% off
Weekend: Divinity: Dragon Commander 40% off
Crysis franchise 75% off
Capcom daily: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade 75% off

TheSeks

FINALLY.

*YOINK* At that DMC4 price. But *yoink* at the DMC3+4 bundle despite DMC3 being a bad port.

And no Donte Must Cry included. Based Capcom listens. :D

I forget though: Does upgrading from SSF4 to Ultra Street 4 give you the bonus outfits? IIRC that's just for the "new buyers" but that price is pretty tempting for me to forego that route but I REALLY want the Cody outfits for free, especially if I'm "double dipping" on the damn thing. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom