• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I've mentioned this game before, but it just went live on the Steam Store.

dc9981b69aa84e01e60fe0e4e076274a79a7f0bc.jpg

Open-world, indie, F2P, online skiing and snowboarding game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244930/

Zia

Capcom has to allow SSFIVAE owners to upgrade to Turbo with Steamworks, right? No way they'd be all, "Sorry, PC users cannot upgrade because of split online infrastructure"? Sounds like a silly concern but, well, Capcom.

Tizoc

A Capcom Steam sale and the SF games are not available in my region =(
Anyone wanna trade for SFxT Complete once it's 75%?

ss_lemonade

Ooh, I might get DMC4 for that price. Played quite a bit on the 360 but never got around to finishing the game.

BTW, thanks MRORANGE for Dark Sector!

jediyoshi

Capcom has to allow SSFIVAE owners to upgrade to Turbo with Steamworks, right? No way they'd be all, "Sorry, PC users cannot upgrade because of split online infrastructure"? Sounds like a silly concern but, well, Capcom.

You mean Ultra? Seeing as SF4 didn't get an upgrade path to SSF4AE, probably unlikely.

It's showing up as $15 for me

From the store page:

Until SNOW has in-game purchasable content in place, players will be required to purchase access to the game. There are several options for players who want to support the game's development and receive exclusive content in return.

GAF, I need your opinions on these:

Onimusha 3
Exceed
Satazius
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club

It stars Jean Reno and Takeshi Kaneshiro.
Bought a few months ago and didn't look good, gameplay was rough and graphics were horrid.
This is a good shmup, really enjoyed. Go for it.
Received in a bundle and gifted with ModBot.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
T^T
How's the PC port of Lost Planet 1? I wanna give it another chance what with me playing LP3 atm and liking for the most part.

It's a modern port so it has all the basic amenities and it runs well. The only issue is the horrendous mission design towards the end.

didamangi

No sale on ducktales and d&d collection, too soon perhaps.

If there's no daily deal on Remember Me, I'll probably get Dark Void, Onimusha 3, Bionic Commando and DMC 3&4.

Onimusha 3
Exceed
Satazius

Satazius is a great shoot 'em up, if you like the classic horizontal 16-bit shooters you'll like this game.

Cheddahz

Banned
14/28/55€ here.
I assume it'll be free once it's out of early access, but still...ouch.

From the store page:

Until SNOW has in-game purchasable content in place, players will be required to purchase access to the game. There are several options for players who want to support the game's development and receive exclusive content in return.

They're promoting it as a F2P game, but they are charging you to be in the early-access, which sucks. I've seen a good number of F2P games that are in early access and are free during that period

Grief.exe

how shit is the dmc3 port?
With Xpadder and widescreen gaming forum patch, its pretty solid.

1080p, 60 fps, no crashes. You couldn't ask for more.

My biggest complaint, the on screen prompts are still in those ridiculous key bindings they had set up initially.

"Special Attack, press F5 + C"

It's showing up as $15 for me

Yes, early access pricing. Will be F2P on release, unless the business model has changed.

JustinBB7

Any word on what Capcom is gonna do with GFWL?

I'm not into fighting games but was thinking about Street fighter, but then I saw gfwl and was like well..

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
1080p, 60 fps, no crashes. You couldn't ask for more.

My biggest complaint, the on screen prompts are still in those ridiculous key bindings they had set up initially.

"Special Attack, press F5 + C"

You could ask for non-shitty button prompts.

You could fix that in the shittiest port of all time, RE4.

Grief.exe

PSA: there are two versions of LP1 available on Steam.

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition is Steamworks
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition is GFWL

The former is $3.49 right now, the latter is $5.

iQy0CX1aqq8KL.gif

I'm not into fighting games but was thinking about Street fighter, but then I saw gfwl and was like well..

Ultra Edition will have Steamworks.

You will have the option to upgrade to Ultra through Steam, GFWL versions will not be available for sale after that point.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 is converting to steamworks and if you buy SSF4AE you'll have to pay $15 in order to upgrade AE to Ultra down the line.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Capcpom sale??

What is this I don't even.

Cheddahz

Banned
I might just wait until someone here gifts me SNOW or something, I don't really feel like spending $15 on a sports game that could be good or not...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ooh, 75% off Remember Me please.

Given the general sale discount of 40% I'm guessing it'll be 50% off as a Daily or, at a stretch, 60%. I'm hoping for 66% off DMC and RER myself -- I just need the former's DLC while the latter I'd be able to pick up for about $7. Lost Planet 3, Remember Me and RE6 aren't going anywhere and are all region-locked, so I can wait for 75% off.

JustinBB7

You will have the option to upgrade to Ultra through Steam, GFWL versions will not be available for sale after that point.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 is converting to steamworks and if you buy SSF4AE you'll have to pay $15 in order to upgrade AE to Ultra down the line.

Ah well, I'll skip it for now then, but more GFWL death and being replaced by Steamworks is awesome news.

Onimusha 3
Exceed
Satazius

CTHCC is a fun game like Persona 3&4 without the demons and the need to save the world. You basically have to study, work part time and recruit other students to your comedy club it's nothing deep but is pretty fun.

PriitV

I really just enjoy games like this. I grew up on SSX, Amped, and Tony Hawk and while SNOW probably doesn't have any extreme stunts in it or anything, I just love riding down a mountain

Yeah

SNOW reminds me of one downhill skiing game from a while back (2006?).. had the same appealing visual style, tricks and scoring. Anyone?

jediyoshi

Oh wow, fully missed this announcement.

*adds SSF4AE to wishlist*

Must be weird for the client, unless they'll double back around and remove gfwl from AE, it sounds like you'd just be stuck with a gfwl SF until you bought the dlc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom