• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything from the new bundle besides Divinity II that's worthwile? That's the only one I already own but it also looks like the best out of the bunch.

MRORANGE

Bionic Commando: Rearmed doesnt get enough love here, one of the better games made by GRIN.

0000004053.600x338.jpg

It's not going to get any cheaper, plus it has local co-op.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's what I've been saying they would do for months.

Buying one sub can't automatically remove another as there's no functionality for that in place, plus it's the most awful idea ever and you should feel ashamed. :p Separate library entry, please, Based Capcom.

Derrick01

Banned
If you own Divinity II it was a free upgrade to Directors Cut. The big things are console commands, a documentary and design docs if I remember right. May as well play Director's Cut in case you want to mess around with stuff.

As far as I understand, it's Dragon Knight Saga with some padding:

It's also the most recent re-issue of the game, so it might make sense to play that. I personally only played the original way back when and can't comment further.

Alright so nothing major then. If I decide to go back to it I'll just play the director's cut, thanks.

Also this humble bundle finally pushed me over 300 games. I'd be happy if I didn't already know that at least 100 of them suck and I would trade them in an instant if the option existed.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Capcom released:
Street Fighter IV (GFWL)
Super Street Fighter IV (GFWL)
Super Street Fighter IV AE (GFWL)

If you buy SSF4AE you have SSF4AE, with GFWL.

Next year, Capcom will release:
Ultra Street Fighter IV (not GFWL)

You do not get it for free. You can pay to upgrade to it or not.
SSFIV was never available on PC, probably why there was no upgrade option for SFIV -> SSFIVAE

Tenrius

The real problem is how much of those games have you actually played and finished :p

Actually, I just counted them and I have 60 games in the "beaten" category. Not included are 5 episodes of Back to the Future, 11 episodes of Sam & Max and 2 episodes of Tales of Monkey Island, which are considered separate games; 7 Half-Life games (HL1, its two expansions and HL: Source, HL2, its two episodes). So that's 78 games I finished and then there are games that cannot be beaten by definition like Paradox strategies, online shooters, a couple of MMOs and whatnot, or games that I put on hold or simply dropped, sometimes after investing a considerable amount of times. It still would not be larger than 200, I think, if you count them all.

Meh. I'm not buying a gfwl game just for the pleasure of paying later to remove it. I'm more of a Tekken/Virtua Fighter guy anyway.

I really really hope we will see Tekken, SC and DoA sometime on the PC. I guess if Naaruto is successful enough for Scamco they will release some Tekken on Steam too.

Grief.exe

Buying one sub can't automatically remove another as there's no functionality for that in place, plus it's the most awful idea ever and you should feel ashamed. :p Separate library entry, please, Based Capcom.

Your desires are completely different than the average consumer.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
SSFIV was never available on PC, probably why there was no upgrade option for SFIV -> SSFIVAE

Technically SSF4 is on PC. It just came bundled with SSF4AE and in the options you can choose to play either vanilla SSF4 or AE. I'm expecting they'll allow the same thing with Ultra SF4 and allow you at least to choose weather to play AE or Ultra.

Actually, I just counted them and I have 60 games in the "beaten" category. Not included are 5 episodes of Back to the Future, 11 episodes of Sam & Max and 2 episodes of Tales of Monkey Island, which are considered separate games; 7 Half-Life games (HL1, its two expansions and HL: Source, HL2, its two episodes). So that's 78 games I finished and then there are games that cannot be beaten by definition like Paradox strategies, online shooters, a couple of MMOs and whatnot, or games that I put on hold or simply dropped, sometimes after investing a considerable amount of times. It still would not be larger than 200, I think, if you count them all.

/mindblown

How do you guys with 500+ games even figure out what games you want to play with that many choices.

About the cacom sale. There are sure a lot of GFWL titles. I normally have nothing against it but since GFWL isn't long for this world, I'm a bit nervous about picking up anything to add to my backlog. Any idea if say the Lost Planet of Dead Rising games going to get stripped of their GFWL requirements?

First Humble Bundle in a while where I don't have ANY of the games.
Bought.

Same here. Nice for a change. I was on the edge of buying Cities XL last week as well. :)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Technically SSF4 is on PC. It just came bundled with SSF4AE and in the options you can choose to play either vanilla SSF4 or AE. I'm expecting they'll allow the same thing with Ultra SF4 and allow you at least to choose weather to play AE or Ultra.
That's for balancing purposes I believe, and it's not like you can purchase SSFIV on its own anyway ;)

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Gonna grab dead rising 2 off the record if it becomes a daily in this capcom sale. Excited. Please make it happen capcom.

The reviews for Game Of Thrones made it sound terrible. That being said for $6 I will bite.

You've got to be patient, but if you can stick with it until the two main narrative strands start to converge, you'll probably want to see the story through to it's conclusion. Also, I found it to be much more playable when using a 360 pad, so if you have one of those lying around, I'd recommend plugging it in, even if you're more of a keyboard & mouse sort of guy normally.

Grief.exe

How does removing the library entry benefit the average consumer in any way?

GFWL multiplayer won't be accessible anymore, but I see your point.

I think I made a mistake in phrasing. I should have said they are either going to remove the original app id, and write over it with the Ultra version, or allow you access to both versions.

I should have not been so definitive originally.

The latter makes sense if you still want to gain GFWL achievements and play multiplayer with your friends who haven't upgraded yet.

Zia

Yes, because those multiple Company of Heroes entries, particularly the Steamworks version which doesn't even have a grid view icon, are just lovely. ; )

Also, it appears I now have the retail ver of The Stanley Parable. Played through the beta last year, but I'll try to make time to give it a go and post impressions pre-launch.

Raytow

A word of advice for those looking to buy Dark Void, it makes Specs Op looks like freaking Vanquish, avoid like the plague, what a waste of 2.5 steam bucks =/

Grief.exe

Yes, because those multiple Company of Heroes entries, particularly the Steamworks version which doesn't even have a grid view icon, are just lovely. ; )

Also, it appears I now have the retail ver of The Stanley Parable. Played through the beta last year, but I'll try to make time to give it a go and post impressions pre-launch.

Right-click add custom grid icon

I assume the version of Onimusha 3 comes from the era of jank ass Cacpcom PC ports right? If so, are there any fixes and/or can you muscle through them with a modern PC?

kafiend

Is it just me or is SAM not working anymore? I use it only to idle cards and the only game that shows up now is Spacewar.

No idea why SAM would do that. However, try looking at a game you want cards for in a browser and copy the number from the address bar to SAM.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/[B]34900[/B]/ <-- Edit beaten badly :)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
PSA: there are two versions of LP1 available on Steam.

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition is Steamworks
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition is GFWL

The former is $3.49 right now, the latter is $5.

But doesn't the Colonies Edition have extra stuff?

I might have to buy regular extreme condition then...

Decado

So is SSFAE worth grabbing? Does it work well online, etc? I found one of my two arcade sticks works with my PC, so I've been looking for a game to try it out on. Sadly it doesn't seem like any of the good fighters have a demo. :(

Nabs

So is SSFAE worth grabbing? Does it work well online, etc? I found one of my two arcade sticks works with my PC, so I've been looking for a game to try it out on. Sadly it doesn't seem like any of the good fighters have a demo. :(

Yes x 10.

jediyoshi

SSF4AE 1k 4 ref? Fuck it, why not

I find it amusing they couldn't come up with a better entry title than appending (New Steam Version) to the end of it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
whoa, didn't know Onimusha 3 is in Steam.

...but I take it that it's ported by the same team that did DMC3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom