• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
So is SSFAE worth grabbing? Does it work well online, etc? I found one of my two arcade sticks works with my PC, so I've been looking for a game to try it out on. Sadly it doesn't seem like any of the good fighters have a demo. :(

The PC version has the best netcode of the 3 versions and it's a great game to have if you love SF and willing to learn everything about it to get good at the metagame this late in the game.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm also in this dilemma.
Anyone know what the differences are between Lost Planet 1 and Lost Planet 1: Colonies Edition, besides GFWL?

I'm assuming its crap, like the vast majority of DLC out there.

But I have never looked into what is available with the Colonies Edition.

The thing is: I already have Colonies Edition. Should I spend the 3 bucks to get the regular one, just because of Steamworks integration? It is only 3 bucks...

Also, I'm on a dilemma on Devil May Cry 3. I already have the HD Remake on the 360, and that seems to be good enough, and the PC Port is jank... I think i'll pass.

Onimusha is something I haven't made a decision on yet either... hrrmm...

We usually don't. We get confused, cry a little and go on GAF to see if there's a new bundle to buy.

Like this dude here. A simple "Yes, worth it" and off he goes raising his gamecount.

Buying games is is the game! At least that's what GAF convinced me of!

It's true though figuring out what to play is often too hard and I end up playing nothing!

Tenrius

Technically SSF4 is on PC. It just came bundled with SSF4AE and in the options you can choose to play either vanilla SSF4 or AE. I'm expecting they'll allow the same thing with Ultra SF4 and allow you at least to choose weather to play AE or Ultra.

/mindblown

How do you guys with 500+ games even figure out what games you want to play with that many choices.

I have a backloggery account, but that's mostly to keep track of what I'm currently playing through (which means I usually add games as I start them and not use it as an actual backlog organizing tool).

Apart from that, I just have my games sorted into Steam categories by genre. So whenever I want to play something, I first decide on what game types I'm interested in at the moment and then I just open relevant categories and pick something I like. Sometimes it sucks me in and I play the game I chose to completion, otherwise I revert to this:

We usually don't. We get confused, cry a little and go on GAF to see if there's a new bundle to buy.

DOA

Looking forward to playing this at some point. Only played the original source mod, but loved the premise of it. I enjoyed the narrative, and how the story goes is entirely up to you essentially through your choices.

Use an address from Alaska to get rid of the tax. Since it's just digital codes, it doesn't matter what address you use.

Laws.

...Personally, I have any digital orders from Amazon sent to my father's house in NC. ;)

thanks, i'll try Alaska :)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Wargame: European Escalation, and The Testament of Sherlock Holmes -- MB-34227298D5450334 - Taken by Kabouter

Boom.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yes, because those multiple Company of Heroes entries, particularly the Steamworks version which doesn't even have a grid view icon, are just lovely. ; )

When Sega wants to be a gift horse and increase my game count, I'm not going to look it in the mouth. ;)

Ninja Blade @ 1.99
GreenManGaming

gNt1TPT.png

Fantasmo

Sega needs to make a Smash Brothers game and put it on Steam with online play. I'll buy it a high price. Sega All Stars and Racing Transformed proves they still got it.

Grief.exe

The thing is: I already have Colonies Edition. Should I spend the 3 bucks to get the regular one, just because of Steamworks integration? It is only 3 bucks...

Also, I'm on a dilemma on Devil May Cry 3. I already have the HD Remake on the 360, and that seems to be good enough, and the PC Port is jank... I think i'll pass.

Onimusha is something I haven't made a decision on yet either... hrrmm...

I think the problems with the DMC3 port are overblown. Yes, it is a bad port, but with a few tweaks it works just fine.

Nabs

I got Ninja Blade for free and still regret it. If you decide to play it, don't bother with the 60fps toggle. The engine does dumb things at 60.

graywolf323

when did Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag first show up in the Steam DB?

I checked and realized that Watch Dogs isn't in it which is worrisome

derExperte

Around 40 minutes to an hour more or less, but the vertical shooting parts weren't exactly that hot, does it get better?

Imo yes but I don't want to oversell it, it's not a good game. Just not godawful and imo an acceptable buy at this pricepoint. Unless someone reaaaally hates third-person-shooters with cover.

None of you should be posting in this thread before playing the demo for The Stanley Parable.

Shame on you all.

Does playing the original version count? Cause I did that.

Yes x 10.

What about the ultimate edition coming later? how will it work?

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Four Pack 3 2 Gift copies in my possession. Click HERE to PM me, I accept Paypal, or Steam Wallet funds (note, valve fee is 15%).

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Original price is: $7.49
4-pack Price: $22.49 / 4 = $5.62

"SSF4AE Complete Pack" = base game + "All-in Costume Pack" @ $11.99

Standalone "All-in Costume Pack" is: $3.74
base game 7.49 + $3.74 = $11.23 (you save $0.76) That can't be right...?
4-pack price of 5.62 + 3.74 = $9.36 (you save $2.36) How can this be?

derExperte

Thinking about buying Dark Void because I'm a sucker for mediocre TPS like Uncharted. Not sure if it's worth the money though.

While I don't think Uncharted is mediocre (apart from 3) DV should be right up your alley. It doesn't get much more average and sometimes you can fly around with a jetpack/UFO.

While I don't think Uncharted is mediocre (apart from 3) DV should be right up your alley. It doesn't get much more average and sometimes you can fly around with a jetpack/UFO.

I was just joking, I actually liked Uncharted 2 quite a bit when I played it at a friend's place! I wouldn't spend money on it or any of the other games in the series but still.

debatin it too

at least it has cool physx smoke

well, that makes it kind of a no-brainer

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I would easily pay them 15 to get rid of GFWL even though it should be a free upgrade.

Depends on what you mean by free upgrade. For $15 you're getting an expansion pack with 5 new characters and 6 new stages along with re balancing for all prior characters and new modes. Are you saying that they should just make AE steamworks and keep Ultra as a separate entity.

graywolf323

20 days ago, but the sub name didn't change until 4 days ago.

ah so it's probably there and we just won't know until the pre-purchase goes live

well hopefully they do that soon, then I'm done with games for the rest of the year (unless I get a job and can afford the PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom