• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

That is why i am holding off for a while until any nasty bugs have surfaced, if any. Save game issues are the worst for killing my passion and interest in a game.

I do enjoy a good Telltale game though so it's very tempting to jump in now.

I agree fellow GAFfer, did they even ever said something like "We know there are issues, we are trying to solve the problem." or something similar? Because I don't believe the problem was PC Only?

I mean, I'm pretty hyped but even if I could afford it right now I wouldn't buy it on launch day to avoid the same problem TWD had.

My tastes must be going off the rails. Lost Planet 2 and RE6 are by far the most interesting games on sale today. GFWL is the only thing that has me hesitant on the former. I'd like to limit the heartbreak come January.

RE6 is an underappreciated... well, I'm not going to say gem because it's pretty rough around the edges but I had a lot of fun when I played it as an action instead of horror game. Need to go back to it though.

RE6 is an underappreciated... well, I'm not going to say gem because it's pretty rough around the edges but I had a lot of fun when I played it as an action instead of horror game. Need to go back to it though.

I really think its so sad to see the gameplay clashes with the visuals of the Game. Especially some parts in HK in the Game looks really great and full of little details and Hi-Res Textures, but you dont even notice them, since its just a mediocre shooter.

What I tried seemed a bit better than mediocre. You have a lot of options for approaching encounters, combining melee and shooting on the fly.

Does it get repetitive? RE5 and Revelations both overstayed their welcome... Seems to be what Capcom does with the franchise.

I finished the Game and I must really say, you really notice a difference between the campaigns and you notice, that each dev-team was in charge of a different campaign.
Btw. I tweeted nyu-media about Croixleur, since it got greenlit:

The dev is adding the new content to the Japanese version first, then we'll start work on the localization in the new year

nexen

It's not the gameplay that makes it a good game. It is janky and buggy, it is known. Where the game shines is the story. If you expected it another way, prepare to be disappointed.

Does it spoil anything from the Game of Thrones book or television series? Because I haven't read or watched any of that and still really want to.

fantomena

The Stanley Parable demo was
reverse-227839420.gif
-

Sajjaja

Does it spoil anything from the Game of Thrones book or television series? Because I haven't read or watched any of that and still really want to.

It takes place during season 1/book 1 of Game of Thrones and it will refer to major events that take place during that time period. So you're safe to watch season 1/read book 1 and then play. It is its own separate interwoven storyline.

Dec

I haven't played it yet but it takes place at the same time as the books. Seems like there might be some stuff in there, however small, references etc.

In either case, I would wait.

The_Monk

I haven't play the game but I've watched a stream of it before but I'm curious to try it either way.

My advice is to not play this game if you are not into the Game of Thrones Universe to be honest fellow GAFfer. I feel that you would miss too much of the world and the Story. This game shines in Story telling, not in graphics or gameplay mechanics so it's recommended to enter at least with a bit of knowledge of the GoT Universe. I've watched all the series so far and I'm reading the books now, I can't wait to play this game because of the story since I've already saw a bit and read a bit, so now it's time to play a bit.

Dec

I remember there was a rumoured GoT RTS from before the show was made. Did that come out? I remember seeing screenshots of it.

nexen

It takes place during season 1/book 1 of Game of Thrones and it will refer to major events that take place during that time period. So you're safe to watch season 1/read book 1 and then play. It is its own separate interwoven storyline.
I haven't played it yet but it takes place at the same time as the books. Seems like there might be some stuff in there, however small, references etc.

In either case, I would wait.
I haven't play the game but I've watched a stream of it before but I'm curious to try it either way.

My advice is to not play this game if you are not into the Game of Thrones Universe to be honest fellow GAFfer. I feel that you would miss too much of the world and the Story. This game shines in Story telling, not in graphics or gameplay mechanics so it's recommended to enter at least with a bit of knowledge of the GoT Universe. I've watched all the series so far and I'm reading the books now, I can't wait to play this game because of the story since I've already saw a bit and read a bit, so now it's time to play a bit.
Thanks for the replies! I'm waiting to play it then.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Is devil may cry 3 a good port because if yes i will just buy both 3 and 4 ?

Bad port but it you can make it better with 1080p mod and xpadder if you don't have a ps2 controller. Also it's missing some post processing effects from PS2 but you'll never notice.

Stanley Parable was one of my favourite HL2 mods along with the Minerva series, the demo was well worth playing through. TLOU and Bioshock Infinite move over, the experience game doesn't get much better than this.

Aerocrane

Hey, SNOW looks pretty cool and has a totally original name. Only half of this sentence is a joke.

Seriously though, looks pretty cool for an indie sports game.

It does look cool, but it is very very early in development, right now there are no sound effects or music in the game, a single slope and no events as far as I'm aware. You can just ski down the slope and do tricks. It is very interesting that the devs decided to make it first person, it makes doing tricks very disorienting. Also the keyboard controls feel tough to use. I haven't tried to play using my 360 controller yet.

In case someone has bought it and can't figure out the keyboard controls, here's the manual:
http://cdn3.steampowered.com/Manuals/244930/SNOW_Keyboard_Controls.pdf?t=1381426576

Dec

Be aware it is complete garbage. For a slower style GoT experience grab Crusader Kings 2 from the gala bundle and get the mod.

I don't have much interest in playing it fortunately. This recent bundle sparked my memory of it and I was curious what had happened to the game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
But doesn't the Colonies Edition have extra stuff?

I might have to buy regular extreme condition then...

Crossplay with 360 (which won't happen with the GfWL shutdown) and Akrid Hunt (which is dead with cross-play). Otherwise the singleplayer is the same thing.

Shoutouts to chubigans for actually having legit emoticons for CSD's emoticons.

csdmad
csdsmile

Most other games have any random thing that looks incomprehensible when shrunk down to chat size.

Addnan

Is the GMG refund system automated or they have got seriously fast. Sent them a refund request for Batman at 21:44 got reply with refund at 21:45.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm trying, but no one wants to join my 4-pack from the last page! :(

What does the Complete outfits include? EVERYTHING like the Ultra day-one version would? Because that's what I'm trying to figure out because I want that bonus. >_>

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Is it that bad? I can get for 4$ from Amazon, but I really don't know if I need it since I have SSFIV: AE (will upgrade to Ultra) and it has GFWL (no sign of removal yet).

Late update and GfWL uncertainty aside, how so?

And Haunts isn't on to answer my pressing question about the outfits and Ultra! D:

Basically the gameplay is niche as hell and you either hate it or love it(thank god the gameplay improved with the 2013 patch otherwise I'd tell you gameplay is straight ass). Also the netcode is terrible on pc and only like 10-30 ppl play it on a good day. If you want to experience SFXT with somewhat decent netcode and a good population then either console version is the way to go.
Just telling you like it is as one of the few people who actually enjoys SFXT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom