• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, why do I suck so hard at La Mulana? it's going to be the first time I'm gonna need to take a look at a walkthrough.

btw, I hate the jump mechanics :(

I am commanding everyone to buy Gunpoint. The mechanics are sound, but the game shines even more in it's writing.

You also get a TF2 hat, is there anything sweeter in life?

Yeah, it bugged out for some people, myself included. I think Patch 3 got it.

To see the lamentation of their women?
How do i find out how many TF2 hats i have? I've never played it but i'm sure i've had lots of TF2 stuff as bonuses.

Derrick01

Banned
Man, what an incredible giveaway. Best kind of tag fishing?

And GTAV is probably the best game I've played, the systems in place and attention to detail is absolutely absurd. The PC version is going to blow minds when it comes out, hell the console version is doing that to me right now.

Yeah GTA is legit. We're in for a treat when it finally does come to PC. Depending on when it comes it'll probably be more impressive than most upcoming next gen games.

Yeah GTA is legit. We're in for a treat when it finally does come to PC. Depending on when it comes it'll probably be more impressive than most upcoming next gen games.

I still can't see what is the reason it's not on PC... piracy can't be as both PS3 and Xbox 360 are cracked and GTA V for both systems are torrented...

My only gripe about Gunpoint is that it seems optimally set for 720p, where going higher than that just renders more of the world and makes everything smaller instead of scaling from the intended resolution. I don't necessarily mind playing it at fullscreen 720p but the game seems to have some alignment issues whenever I start the game up with that setting, making me have to fiddle with the options every time I play.

I'm interested in seeing what the opinion of it will be in a month. Or maybe because I'm not buying it anytime soon that will prevent any backlash for the game, seemed to work for TLOU.

Derrick01

Banned
I still can't see what is the reason it's not on PC... piracy can't be as both PS3 and Xbox 360 are cracked and GTA V for both systems are torrented...

I don't know why Rockstar does it like that but they've always treated PC like that. It always takes 6 months or a bit longer for GTA to hit PC.

I'm interested in seeing what the opinion of it will be in a month. Or maybe because I'm not buying it anytime soon that will prevent any backlash for the game, seemed to work for TLOU.

Granted I'm still only 10-12% done and still don't have 10 missions done but it's been pretty fun. I still haven't been on/under the water, in the air or out in the countryside yet and still haven't tried out a bunch of vehicles or activities. Hell I still haven't even met Trevor yet so a lot can change.

One thing's for sure...it's soooo much better than 4.

Sleeping Dogs was a nice spin on the gta style open world game.
best looking one too that I've played.

Much better. Nice shots. I really need to get back to Sleepy Dogs. Maybe that'll give me the open world fix that all these GTA V streams are making me crave.

got a link? been meaning to watch some gtav vids.

Arthea

I must be alone in entire gaming universe that doesn't give a damn about GTA V.
Feels good to be soooo exceptional.
*mounts a high horse, falls*

But I will act as you all now, when Trails release on PC gets near. (><)

BTW, is it already known that GTAV PC will happen?

nope.

you're not alone man.

I'm tempted in getting it for 360 or PS3 but I'd rather wait for the PC release

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
got a link? been meaning to watch some gtav vids.

Just go to twitch.tv. There are a ton to choose from. I've watched a good bit of Slasher (a fellow GAFfer), Gootecks, and Floe. The latter two are fighting game guys who stream a lot. I tried to watch the stream Giant Bomb put on Youtube, but watching Vinnie play horribly was too frustrating.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

A PC port hasn't been confirmed, but it also hasn't been ruled out, and given every non-portable GTA has released on the PC, it's not difficult to read between the lines.

Nah, I'm on a (somewhat) similar boat, as my feelings towards gta v is just about neutral/lukewarm. But I do agree about the impressive amount of work that went into it. I look forward to trying it out down the line when the price has gone down.

Arthea

A PC port hasn't been confirmed, but it also hasn't been ruled out, and given every non-portable GTA has released on the PC, it's not difficult to read between the lines.

That's what I thought about Fable 2, ended playing it on Xbox360. So everything could happen.

That's what I thought about Fable 2, ended playing it on Xbox360. So everything could happen.

Unless Rockstar are bringing out their own console a PC port is pretty certain.

I wonder if piracy is that big of a deal either. Given the delay, people will double dip and they probably know it.

Same situation with games like the Last Of Us which I would expect to be announced for the PS4 once the PS3 sales dry up.

Nah, I'm on a (somewhat) similar boat, as my feelings towards gta v is just about neutral/lukewarm. But I do agree about the impressive amount of work that went into it. I look forward to trying it out down the line when the price has gone down.
It's hard to get hyped if you avoid everything GTA V like me. Now the only thing that can excite me is GTA V showing on steam page.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I don't think the two are analogous. For one, Fable is a franchise owned by a platform holder, so there's something of a conflict of interest there, and more to the point, the only game that preceded it was the original Fable -- again, literally every non-portable GTA game has made it to the PC.

Nillansan

Unless Rockstar are bringing out their own console a PC port is pretty certain.

I wonder if piracy is that big of a deal either. Given the delay, people will double dip and they probably know it.

The absence of GTAV on PC seems to have caused GTAIV to shoot up in the top sellers list. GTAIV and GTAIV Complete Edition are currently holding the 21st and 22nd spots, respectively.

The absence of GTAV on PC seems to have caused GTAIV to shoot up in the top sellers list. GTAIV and GTAIV Complete Edition are currently holding the 21st and 22nd spots, respectively.

well deserved, great game though it's a same the pc port isn't as good as I expected (without ICE mods)

I feel sorta the same. Openworld games are usually very alluring in the beginning. The ambition, the scale, the "freedom", just dicking around and be cool. But after a while I always get bored, because in the end I can only mess around for so long and I see how superficial the game from a gameplay perspective is. The side contens are rather meaningless, a lot of them are designed to fill bars. It doesn't want to hook you with gameplay, but rather with content and because of that I feel the core of the game suffers.To be frank I'm really dreading a future where openworld becomes the norm (for big budget games at least). Of course there are some exceptions like Mafia and Stalker. Those I liked. But for me there's nothing better than hand-crafted levels, tight-knit, focused experiences. This also includes wide-linear btw, just to be clear.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
As far as GTA I just don't wanna pay 60 bucks when I can wait for it to be on PC and MODZZZZ. If it comes out on PS4 before PC and at 60fps I'll probably bite. We'll see.

It also runs pretty well for what it looks like.

It runs pretty shitty on my 7850 (overclocked) compared to other stuff like battlefield 3, which at max settings gets 90-120 fps on my 7850 and looks better. Sleeping Dogs at max gets like 15-20 fps, and I really doubt it's a cpu bottleneck when it was designed for consoles.

You're not alone; I'm not that interested in GTA games. Yet I loved Sleeping Dogs. That one just really clicked for me for some reason.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm pretty sure the trailers confirm that GTA5 is coming to PC. The console footage I have seen looks atrocious. I'll wait a year before I suck it up and pick up one of the console versions if I'm wrong.

It runs pretty shitty on my 7850 (overclocked) compared to other stuff like battlefield 3, which at max settings gets 90-120 fps on my 7850 and looks better. Sleeping Dogs at max gets like 15-20 fps, and I really doubt it's a cpu bottleneck when it was designed for consoles.
Maybe there are certain settings that are broken now, I did not crank up all the settings, so I can't know.

I'm pretty sure the trailers confirm that GTA5 is coming to PC. The console footage I have seen looks atrocious. I'll wait a year before I suck it up and pick up one of the console versions if I'm wrong.

Think of the positive and assume the delay is them working out steamworks. Given they don't even have multiplayer on console yet, it is perhaps likely.

Nah, you're not alone. I enjoy playing GTA but it's not something I'm hyped about. I'll probably pick it up once it's very cheap and/or available on PC.

Arthea

I feel sorta the same. Openworld games are usually very alluring in the beginning. The ambition, the scale, the "freedom", just dicking around and be cool. But after a while I always get bored, because in the end I can only mess around for so long and I see how superficial the game from a gameplay perspective is. The side contens are rather meaningless, a lot of them are designed to fill bars. It doesn't want to hook you with gameplay, but rather with content and because of that I feel the core of the game suffers.To be frank I'm really dreading a future where openworld becomes the norm (for big budget games at least). Of course there are some exceptions like Mafia and Stalker. Those I liked. But for me there's nothing better than hand-crafted levels, tight-knit, focused experiences. This also includes wide-linear btw, just to be clear.

I can relate to it deeply. When gaming was evolving little by little, especially 4-5th gen, I was thinking that gaming will move to complexity, blending genres and making deeper experiences, also more artsy. For example I thought that some kind of character progression will get to all games, crafting systems (we had plenty nice beginnings), puzzle solving, building cities and such will be in every game ideally, as more imaginative and beautiful worlds, making it some kind of fun and complex virtual reality. I was so wrong...
On one hand we now have randomly generated content and hundreds of exactly same sidequests, QTE-s, on the other - free worlds that feel empty and pointless.
I might seem too gloomy, but simply my vision of future was as far from reality as it gets and that leaves some mark on one's personality.
Thankfully we have indies, that often are exploring new horizons, but AAA gaming is mostly disappointment in my eyes.

I don't think the two are analogous. For one, Fable is a franchise owned by a platform holder, so there's something of a conflict of interest there, and more to the point, the only game that preceded it was the original Fable -- again, literally every non-portable GTA game has made it to the PC.

you have a point, but it was very strange for a PC game (as Fable) to get sequel on a console only, for me it seemed strange.

derExperte

Just bought it on PSN for 75% off after pre-ordering GTA V so I wouldn't mind if it never saw the light of day on Steam :)

The PS3 version is bad, much worse than on 360. I got it for free through PS+ and would buy the game for PC instantly at full price.

Playing GTAV on PS3 sure takes a while to get used to, the framerate is all over the place, same goes for image quality. But I don't regret not waiting, I'll play through the main story, sell it, wait for a PC sale and then do all the side stuff.

I took a peak at the coming soon tab to see if there's anything interesting releasing and man its barren, is this how next gen is going to look on PC?

jediyoshi

I took a peak at the coming soon tab to see if there's anything interesting releasing and man its barren, is this how next gen is going to look on PC?

It's just that time of the year again, at this point bigger releases like to be closer to the holiday window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom