• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

The last I played HR, switching to iron sights had an awkward delay, and the button for it wasn't re-configurable (press the right thumb stick). Did they ever fix this? I did finish the game, I just don't want to deal with that again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Improved bosses as well (apparently). Plus integrating Missing Link as part of the main story is even better.

Yeah, that'll be nice. Though I may not mind cheesing my way past them again...they sure did fall easily if you had that...spinny..explody...skill. Whatever the hell that was, it's been a while

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut has a page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/238010/

Brilliant.

In all honesty, I thought it's even worse, seeing as PC gaming isn't a thing there.

If more big PC games were actually available in Japanaese, there would be a noticeable increase (still small though). I tried to get people interested in Steam before, but well how interested would you be in Steam right now if 90% of the games were in Ancient Greek?

Though PC games are played, they are just Yahoo Neighbourhood and other browser based games, and plenty of past PC hits have made a transition well onto mobile devices. It's been some months, but I still see Train/Plane Control simulators and other niche stuff in boxes selling in Japan that I can't ever tell if it's being tracked or not.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Anyone know if Onimusha 3 is a decent port? I'm having sudden nostalgic urges.

edit: looking at the steam forums it sounds pretty rough. has anyone here managed to enjoy it?

jediyoshi

UJM9fEa.png

Think I'm done for a while unless dmc gets a dealio. Been sitting on too many games.

Nice on that 5$ upgrade. I re-installed and began replaying Human Revolution recently but I'll put that on hold until the Director's Cut DLC is available and start over. It'll be nice to have a steal/hacker build be viable throughout the entirety of the game and not have to cheese my way through the bosses.

Started playing Assassin's Creed 3 last night, took an hour to get to the main title screen at Boston and I haven't even met the main characters other parent yet. Feels like I'm playing a game before the game I bought actually starts.

So is the non-colonies version of Lost Planet still worth getting? I know it has less content, but does it lack any gameplay changes that are important? I'd rather not get the more expensive GFWL version, but I also don't want a gimped version that isn't worth playing.

Grief.exe

I've been waiting to do a replay of Deus Ex as well.

So is the non-colonies version of Lost Planet still worth getting? I know it has less content, but does it lack any gameplay changes that are important? I'd rather not get the more expensive GFWL version, but I also don't want a gimped version that isn't worth playing.

It doesn't sound like the colonies content is worth getting. Multiplayer is dead anyways.

Identical as far as solo goes. Colonies has an enhanced multiplayer (crossplay with 360+a/some? new game modes). Multiplayer is dead anyway.

Eternia

Nice, I might crumble early and upgrade. I was disappointed that I stopped playing because of a bug. Stealthing out of an area that I just stealthed into isn't that fun, neither is finding out the sidequest I was after was broken all along.

I wonder if the upgrade cost will be discounted during sales.
I would hope so unless they're mean. Civilization V and Trine 2 discount those options whenever sales popup.

nexen

Identical as far as solo goes. Colonies has an enhanced multiplayer (crossplay with 360+a/some? new game modes). Multiplayer is dead anyway.

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition includes everything that made the original Lost Planet a hit on PC, as well as the following new features:

New modes for single-player campaign
Score Attack - Each enemy and destructible object has points assigned to them, with the player being awarded different points depending on how they defeat the enemy.
Trial Battle Mode - Take on each of the game's Bosses, one after another
Off limit Mode - Go wild with over-the-top super-charged weapons with unlimited ammunition and increased speed of movement

New online modes
Akrid Hunter – Get the chance to finally play as an Akrid as your opponents attempt to take you down
VS Annihilator – Each team attempts to destroy its opponent's VS while defending its own
Counter Grab – The team with the longest data posts activation time wins
Point Snatcher – Take down opponents and collect the most thermal energy points
Akrid Egg Battle – Steal Akrid eggs from the opponent’s team and bring them safely back to your own base
Egg Bandit – steal your opponents' Akrid egg, with points awarded for longer capture time
4 new maps for online matches: Crossfire City, Area 921, Lost Arena, Assault Space
5 new playable character models
Multiple new weapons for both snow pirates and the robotic VS suits
Cross-platform Battles – Xbox 360 owners can join forces or play against PC gamers
New perspectives - Switch to first person view or the over-the-shoulder view for even more intense action

Some of the single player stuff does sound interesting, but GFWL kind of crushes the deal. I'd go with the other version.

Turfster

Do we know if The Missing Link entry in the library will finally merge with the main game?

Maybe... but seriously, it has chievos that will be impossible to get once it gets merged, so... I kinda don't want it to?
Also, that would probably make JaseC sad ;)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"You haven't been sitting on enough games."

*credit card defaults*

Damn your Jedi mindtricks!

3chopl0x said:
RE: Deus Ex upgrade option

GrumpyCatGOOD.jpg

But not GOOD enough. Needs to be all platforms that sold digital. PS3 original digital owners are up the creek without a paddle in this case.

Does multi have bot support?

No. And neither does Extreme Condition: Non-Colonies Edition. Nor Lost Planet 2.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
But not GOOD enough. Needs to be all platforms that sold digital. PS3 original digital owners are up the creek without a paddle in this case.

Do the other platforms even have such an ability in place? Has any other game done what Dues Ex is doing?

Look at me talking about the concerns of a console gamer like they're people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom