• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

jedimind.jpg

"You haven't been sitting on enough games."

And DmC it is today ]:

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Do the other platforms even have such an ability in place? Has any other game done what Dues Ex is doing?

Look at me talking about the concerns of a console gamer like they're people.

It really depends on how they're doing it. From what the post writes, it sounds like they're going to patch the non-Directors to match the Directors in features. In that case, the PS3 version could in theory be patched to do that sort of thing.

But the question is "is it feasible?" Valve used the "RAM limitation" excuse for not giving the Class-kit upgrades and new maps to 360 TF2. So I'm sure Square will probably go that route for the consoles.

DMC for $12? Okay.

Is that the cheapest it's been for any platform? I don't think I've seen it sub-$20 before.

But in any case that kinda redeems nearly how "bad a DMC" the game is for me. The game isn't awful but it just isn't a Devil May Cry for me
and the story is fuck awful.

thundr51

I may not be the best to give you advise on this matter since I'm an absolute, hopeless STG fan (and there is something else, check my profile) but I played these games way before I was with Nyu Media.

Ether Vapor Remaster is a damn fine multi-perspective shmup. It supports the 360 pad alright, has pretty nice graphics for a doujin game and, certainly, it was a breath of fresh air due to how the camera takes part in the mechanics, featuring horizontal, vertical and even Panzer Dragoonesque sections. The game is heavily inspired by Thunder Force V and you can tell it by its weapon system. You have two main modes to choose from (Remaster and Story, the former playing the game in a seamless way without cutscenes) and then you can unlock some extra stuff.

Of the eXceed games, I love eXceed 3rd the most since it's the most polished, features one hell of a kickass metal OST and has a very nice scoring system focused on taking risks with grazing and mixing it with some mad up close and personal attacks. Easy mode IS easy and you even have an auto-bomb option (as well as several bomb pick ups and life extends through the game) so it's the most accessible of the lot.

eXceed 2nd features the polarity switching system popularized by Ikaruga so you can expect a lot of colour switching and crazy patterns. It's the longest of the lot and has dynamic difficulty (otherwise known as Rank) where you start on a certain rank and things get harder or easier depending on your performance. OR, you can also try to do "rank control" (by sacrificing a life) in order to get through rough spots. The game is also very generous with the special weapon and life extends.

eXceed Gun Bullet Children was the first and, obviously, most experimental of the lot. It's more inspired by Psyvariar 2 where you absolutely need to graze bullets in order to charge your special weapon as the bosses are ridiculously strong and hard. It's the most unforgiving of the lot, I'm not even kidding, Easy here is like eXceed rank on eXceed 2nd, jeez. STILL, may be worth a try due to the challenge. I managed to somehow clear this monster in one credit. On Easy of course, no shame. (Story can be read here: http://exceedseries.com/)

All the games have cards btw :p

So, yeah, Ether Vapor Remaster gets a big yes from me. Did you guys even check the spiritual successor, Astebreed? That shit is sick, man. Mechatastic!

Sold.

Ok, Dmc for $12?? Somebody lie and tell me its a horrible game that I don't need to play and that I already have plenty of games to play....please?

Miker

Shit, I want DmC for that price, but $15 (factoring in DLC) is still a bit steep. Then again, I don't expect it to get any cheaper. Hmm.

The_Monk

Seeing all these Cacpcom sales made me miss Resident Evil 6 Menu theme music when I played back in the day on the PS3. While it's a very FPS focused game I still managed to find some atmosphere in it, it's a shame that is only for a very short brief time because then, the heavy shooting comes back again and again (and again).

And did you know? The menu music suffer minor changes in its rhythm based on which character you are playing? I like these tiny details. There are 3 different versions at least.

nexen

It really depends on how they're doing it. From what the post writes, it sounds like they're going to patch the non-Directors to match the Directors in features. In that case, the PS3 version could in theory be patched to do that sort of thing.

But the question is "is it feasible?" Valve used the "RAM limitation" excuse for not giving the Class-kit upgrades and new maps to 360 TF2. So I'm sure Square will probably go that route for the consoles.

Is that the cheapest it's been for any platform? I don't think I've seen it sub-$20 before.

But in any case that kinda redeems nearly how "bad a DMC" the game is for me. The game isn't awful but it just isn't a Devil May Cry for me
and the story is fuck awful.

Cheapest I've seen it. I'm not really into Devil May Cry, but I adore Ninja Theory so I've wanted this game for a long time.

edit: Probably wont buy it, but I'm curious - do you need to know much about Onimusha to jump in at #3? I played like half of the first one and that is it. Sorry if this has been answered already.

ziadoz

Neo Member
…

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Space -- MB-B30AE7CDE72FB658

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Dead Space was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1381522102z1.png

TheSeks

Ok, Dmc for $12?? Somebody lie and tell me its a horrible game that I don't need to play and that I already have plenty of games to play....please?

The story is terrible and the combat is braindead in comparison to DMC4 and the characters are fuck awful. You shouldn't buy it
except at this price

KarmaCow said:
Is the PC port of DMC3 salvageable?

If you mod it, kinda yeah... but it's still a pretty bad port. But I mean the difference between buying it with DMC4 is like $3 more, so it can't really hurt to get it with DMC4 if you don't already own DMC4...

Miker

Is the PC port of DMC3 salvageable? I haven't even finished DMC4 but it's still tempting.

Not really, no. I've heard that it's nigh-impossible to get a controller properly working with it (stick axes, triggers, etc.), and it's just an awful port in every possible way.

EDIT: If you have a console, DMC HD collection would be the way to go.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I wasn't going to say anything but you keep asking the same questions every day, it's kinda creeping me out, you did this for Street Fighter too.

Are you okay?

To single him out specifically isn't very fair. There are a lot of people in here whose entire history is basically asking if a certain game on sale is worth it.

I'd like to see less of that too, though. Too many people are just chasing the deal rather than actually be interested in the game. But, then again, that's their prerogative. At least the discussion it fosters is game related.

Turfster

Gamefly (US) (UK) deal on 'shooter bundles' 66% off.
  • Bioshock: 1, 2, Infinite
  • Borderlands: 1 GOTY, 2
  • Crysis: 1 ME, 2 ME, 3
  • Far Cry: 1, 2, 3 Deluxe, Blood Dragon
  • Metro: 2033, Last Light

Echoplx

To single him out specifically isn't very fair. There are a lot of people in here whose entire history is basically asking if a certain game on sale is worth it.

I'd like to see less of that too, though. Too many people are just chasing the deal rather than actually be interested in the game. But, then again, that's their prerogative. At least the discussion it fosters is game related.

I don't mind things like that, i only brought it up because he is literally asking the same questions about the same games multiple times even after he gets responses the first time.

It's just weird.

fantomena

I really recomnmend everyone to buy DmC. Very fun and enjoyable game Strong 8/10 from me.

Just bought Vergil's Downfall (I see no reason to have the costume and weapon DLC pack), Dark Void and World of Goo.

Anteater

Sold.

Depends how much you like dmc/action games and what you expect from it, it's a pretty competent action game and fun to play, there are some weird design choices (color coded enemies) but there might be some mods to fix them. It's not as good as the previous dmc but it still manages to do things different enough.

It does have crappy bosses and a terrible story, combat is fun.

Grief.exe

Is the PC port of DMC3 salvageable? I haven't even finished DMC4 but it's still tempting.

Not really, no. I've heard that it's nigh-impossible to get a controller properly working with it (stick axes, triggers, etc.), and it's just an awful port in every possible way.

EDIT: If you have a console, DMC HD collection would be the way to go.

The issues with the DMC3 port are overblown at this point. The big problems are easily fixable with a couple of tweaks.

Wide Screen Forum for the high resolution fix, and xpadder to get your controller working. The game is actually fairly well optimized and I didn't experience any crashes.

Tizoc

Shit, I want DmC for that price, but $15 (factoring in DLC) is still a bit steep. Then again, I don't expect it to get any cheaper. Hmm.

I bit the bullet and decided to get it =V
Was gonna get Crysis 1 as well, but realized it's been $4.99 in previous sales, so I'm saving ti for when trading cards are available.

Anteater

I bought crysis and warhead. Now setting up the mods and hope it doesn't run like poo poo on my rig.

I would like to play DmC on PC for the feel of 120fps, already beat it on console a few times, but $12 without dlc (which I still haven't played) is a bit too steep for a double dip.

KarmaCow

The issues with the DMC3 port are overblown at this point. The big problems are easily fixable with a couple of tweaks.

Wide Screen Forum for the high resolution fix, and xpadder to get your controller working. The game is actually fairly well optimized and I didn't experience any crashes.

Mapping buttons to a controller is one thing, but I'm more worried about the translation from keyboard to stick.

Either way, I think I'm going to save the $5 for the director's cut of Deus Ex.

TheSeks

Lost Planet uses GFWL? I can't remember.

Colonies Edition, yes. Non-Colonies/Extreme Condition: No.

Wait, Lost Planet 3 has already come out? Jeez, I completely forgot about it

That's okay, so did everybody else. *ZING*

Nexen said:
edit: Probably wont buy it, but I'm curious - do you need to know much about Onimusha to jump in at #3? I played like half of the first one and that is it. Sorry if this has been answered already.

I wouldn't know on that front. But I'm going to hazard a guess and say "no it isn't a good port on PC" like DMC3 isn't a "good port" because it's early Capcom, before someone asks about this front.

As for Onimusha 3 itself to jump in on: It's going to have story hooks, but as far as the gameplay itself? You should be fine if you jumped in. I played Onimusha 1 on the X-box 180 and haven't touched any of the other games to honestly tell you.

Grief.exe

Lost Planet uses GFWL? I can't remember.

Wait, Lost Planet 3 has already come out? I completely forgot about it.

I will probably bump this a couple times a day for this sale, needs to get the information out there

PSA: there are two versions of LP1 available on Steam.

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition is Steamworks
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition is GFWL

The former is $3.49 right now, the latter is $5.

iQy0CX1aqq8KL.gif

TheSeks

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/506-dead-space-2

Do you think I can get the key to re-redeem it on steam? I know it's not two seperate keys for Origin and Steam like the bundle, but I remember there were people redeeming on Origin and getting another separate key for steam!

If it's a Steam provided key, redeem it on Steam and then go redeem it on Origin as a CD-key. It worked that way for me from buying it on Steam. I wouldn't know about the other way around.

Out of the many misguided reinventions/re-imaginings/sequels that have come out this generation and as someone who doesn't particularly care for any of Ninja Theory's other games, I actually like DmC. I have played all previous entries in the Devil May Cry series but at best I'd describe myself as a casual fan of the series. I don't sit in Bloody Palace mode and hone combos, I play through the game once or twice, kinda mash my way through.

I liked what I've played of DmC and would it's totally worth 12$. I'm probably gonna grab Virgil's Downfall today..

Turfster

Greenmangaming is having a Might & Magic deal weekend. Couple of Steam games for 75% off, like Dark Messiah and Clash of Heroes.
They also have a 50% off deal on The Bureau, for those that really can't wait.

I will definitely buy the Deus Ex Director's cut for $5. What a nice price.

I've been having issues with my computer lately. Deteriorating performance. It's no beast, but I used to be able to run stuff like Skyrim and Dead Space with lots of things cranked and now it can barely run PS2 level geometry without stutter.

The_Monk

Telltale apparently have still not fixed the 360 gamepad issue TWD had for Wolf. Here's the solution: http://steamcommunity.com/app/250320/discussions/0/810938082244374584/

If the savegame bug is there again too....

If the Save game is going to be an issue then it's going to be a long time before I manage to play that game, hyped or not. There's no excuse at this point. Did they even acknowledged in the past that there was a save game bug with TWD or they never cared?

Overdoziz

Banned
Has anyone else had issues with the audio in Bioshock 2? I just started playing Minerva's Den and sometimes half the audio is missing. In some instances for example I can't hear things shooting at me, but I do hear my character grunting as he gets hit. Here's what it sounds like: http://www.twitch.tv/overdoziz/b/469288108 (go to around 8:50 into the video) Are there fixes for this?

The game also randomly decided to shut itself off at the end of that video. Not even an error message or anything, the window just closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom