• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogg609

I'm having an issue with Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (not the Lost Colonies one).

On all of my cut scenes, the video and audio are out of sync by about a second. The video is always ahead of the audio.

Anyone else having this issue?

All I know is that after I finished Invisible War I didn't come out of it feeling like it killed my family. I just can't recall any specifics from my playthrough seven years ago to come and white knight it. Game had some outright stupid changes, undeniably, but I still thought it was fine as a whole. People rail on it constantly for the small areas but it didn't even spring to mind when I played.

I'll have to do a replay sometime to refresh my thoughts on it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This seems to be a recent change: Steam Guard e-mails now contain IP and location details:

Dear nofuckingidea,

We've received a request to access your Steam account from a new browser
located at IP address: <snip>
Our records show this IP address is in PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA AU

If that location does not reasonably match your location or the location of your
Internet Service Provider, then follow this link for more information: Verify Login Location

If the information provided does not match then do not proceed, close the browser window, and change your password immediately.
----------
Be sure to drink your Ovaltine. And don't play IW.

Did you get around to trying your luck with a second copy of Top Gun?

inm8num2

Ack 3 card drops from a game, all the same card.

One more drop. If I get four of a kind, there's got to be a prize for that, right?

This seems to be a recent change: Steam Guard e-mails now contain IP and location details:

I know you can use proxies or such, but I wish more services would outright block login attempts from outside your country unless you specify otherwise.

I'm probably not going to be logging into steam from Mongolia anytime soon.

Storm360

----------

Did you get around to trying your luck with a second copy of Top Gun?

I had this a while back, my most recent ones are back to code only though

Dead Rising 2 or Off the Record: which one should I get?

I've played both and think OTR is the better game. OTR has more single player content with Sandbox mode too and vanilla has a multi-player mode that isn't in OTR (but it's probably dead). If you really really like the Dead Rising series I would get both (even though they're essentially the same game with slightly different content/story) but I would wait and see if they become a daily deal before purchasing them.

edit: I forgot one important difference, OTR has the photography mechanic from DR1 while DR2 does not.

Dr Dogg

Dr Dogg: "This may be a bad game, but it's a bad game that doesn't disrespect your time."

Someone should put that quote on the Steam store page :p

Hmmmm if only there was a function to get this done (hint: go check the store page for it now).

I've been getting new browser and new device emails left right and centre the last month. Though that's probably more to do with the stupid way my ISP decides to change my IP almost every day, sometimes even showing up as a completely different ISP than who I'm with.

JaseC

I've been getting new browser and new device emails left right and centre the last month. Though that's probably more to do with the stupid way my ISP decides to change my IP almost every day, sometimes even showing up as a completely different ISP than who I'm with.

I have a problem at the moment with being redirected to Canada-specific sites/sub-sites, even though my IP is static and hasn't changed since I churned to my current ISP back in ~early 2011.

Tenrius

Chances are off the record. It fixes a lot of the issues people had with DR2.

I've played both and think OTR is the better game. OTR has more single player content with Sandbox mode too and vanilla has a multi-player mode that isn't in OTR (but it's probably dead). If you really really like the Dead Rising series I would get both (even though they're essentially the same game with slightly different content/story) but I would wait and see if they become a daily deal before purchasing them.

Alright then, I'll get OtR. Of course, waiting to see if it's a daily was my plan all along, but I might go for the full pack, since it's only 50 roubles ($1.5) more than either game. And I've never played a Dead Rising game before, so it seems OtR is going to be my introduction to the franchise.

Joe Molotov

I don't understand this 'You've played' stat. It states I have played 23 hours, but of what? And over what period of time?

You've played x hours of whatever game you happen to be looking at, from the beginning of time (or until Steam glitches out and deletes your time).

destx

I'm tempted to buy the DmC reboot, But I feel like maybe I should buy DMC4 instead.

I have no experience with the series or 'character action' games, so I don't really know what the problem with DmC reboot is, but a lot of people really seem to hate it. But it looks cool and unlike DMC4, it has mouse controls.

Is there a legitimate reason for the hate? Or is it just the fanbase of the older games being bitchy?

I'd really rather buy MGR Revengenenvenvengance but they're totally dragging ass on the PC port.

Dambrosi

Banned
I'm tempted to buy the DmC reboot, But I feel like maybe I should buy DMC4 instead.

I have no experience with the series or 'character action' games, so I don't really know what the problem with DmC reboot is, but a lot of people really seem to hate it. But it looks cool and unlike DMC4, it has mouse controls.

I'd really rather buy MGR Revengenenvenvengance but they're totally dragging ass on the PC port.
Regarding the spoiler - if you have a PS3, just buy some EU PS+, they're giving
Revengenenvenvengance
away next month as part of the IGC.

Unless you're specifically waiting for the PC port, which won't be any different to the console versions and you all know it.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

Is there a legitimate reason for the hate? Or is it just the fanbase of the older games being bitchy?

I posted a few pages back when somebody asked about the changes so here:
Hell no it ain't minor. One of the biggest cons is that the combat has a good amount of depth taking out and not being as fluid. This leads to the combat becoming stale as shit quick 1/2 of the game later. Then there really annoying ass color coded enemies forcing you to use specific weapons which you can somewhat style on but it's ruins the flow so much.

Second if you thought the original DMC franchise story was bad then wait till you play DmC which is filled with terrible dialogue unlikable characters, and more.

Also the most bland boss battles in the franchise.

There's a crapload of things wrong with the game that I can go into tbh. With that said I still enjoyed DmC. It's a meh DMC game but it's better than a lot of other hack n slashes on the market(which is not a whole lot these days sadly). Also the level design like the club level is pretty awesome tbh.

But since you never played a DMC game before you'll most likely enjoy it since you never experienced the previous game's amazing combat. DMC4 is also not an ideal DMC to start with. At least start with DMC3.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Was just browsing Wikipedia and found out that before Stardock sold Impulse to GameStop (the client is now called GameStop App, btw, hahaha), they basically went on a massive spree of trying to replicate everything Steam had. Their Achievements/Online Matching/Steamworks copy was called "Impulse:Reactor" and their CEG (Steam DRM) copy was called "GOO". Yes, seriously.

Look at this impressive library of games that support each:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impulse_Reactor_and_Goo_Game_List

Really kind of amazing.

Reminds me of this great ad campaign:
O1w9hMT.png

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Was just browsing Wikipedia and found out that before Stardock sold Impulse to GameStop (the client is now called GameStop App, btw, hahaha), they basically went on a massive spree of trying to replicate everything Steam had. Their Achievements/Online Matching/Steamworks copy was called "Impulse:Reactor" and their CEG (Steam DRM) copy was called "GOO". Yes, seriously.

Really kind of amazing.

O1w9hMT.png

Sounds better than uplay.

Dr Dogg

Really kind of amazing.

O1w9hMT.png

Apart from Sins of a Solar Empire I never really bothered with Impulse but yeah towards the later days before GameStop got their mits on it it seamed Stardock were going against some of their own ideals. Saying that GameStop weren't exactly doing great things with Impulse either apart from a near continual THQ sale and getting their nickers in a twist about the OnLive voucher in boxed copies of Deus Ex Human Revolution (that game keeps on coming up today). Since the emergence of the Steam key resellers I can't remember the last time I looked at it to be honest.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Are there any bots to trade cards? I have a lot that I don't care about but I want to max out some badges :| :/

JaseC

I'm the same way. Might pick up Far Cry 3 and Blacklist, but not until they are super cheap.

Uplay = Noplay

I've not played Blacklist, but if you're expecting something different from the usual Ubi open-world fare with Far Cry 3, then you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Dr Dogg

My experience with UPlay ranges from nothing to report to nightmarish. On my PC which has had it on there since the twisted experiment began it's been fine and kept up to date with no errors, disconnects or sign in problems (well apart from that time I left the launcher open and it now thinks I've played 14 hours of Assassin's Creed 3). Where as a laptop I have it on has been nothing be a right pain with being kicked out of games saying I've gone offline when I'm clearly still connects, some titles not launching to not being able to get it to run unless I deleted the client and start again, and again, and again, and ag...

And the less said about the Mac version the better.

I'm the same way. Might pick up Far Cry 3 and Blacklist, but not until they are super cheap.

Uplay = Noplay

Hmmm seeing your disdain for all things Skyrim. Couple that with endless checklists of collectables and inane shit to do Far Cry 3 might make you a little bit angry.

Oh and regards to Blacklist. I hope you like gray and green as that's pretty much the colour pallet.

Is it even possible for clients like Origin and Uplay to just die out?
If that did happen, they would have to reimburse all purchases made.
Maybe just give you Steam keys for the games you bought lol

JaseC

Is it even possible for clients like Origin and Uplay to just die out?
If that did happen, they would have to reimburse all purchases made.
Maybe just give you Steam keys for the games you bought lol

Since EA managed to strike gold with BF3, Origin isn't going anywhere for a while, and the same is true of Uplay due to AssCreed.

Derrick01

Banned

Uplay = Noplay

You mentioned many times how much you hate Assassin's Creed's gameplay and design methods so I'll tell you right now don't bother with Far Cry 3. Everything outside of the main story missions are typical Ubisoft filler. In fact many of the side stuff is ripped straight from AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom