• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Since EA managed to strike gold with BF3, Origin isn't going anywhere for a while, and the same is true of Uplay due to AssCreed.

Funny you say that as I was over there the other day to change my bloody password of all things and there was a big banner to preorder Battlefield 4 through the Uplay store for what is an Origin only game. Bastards are joining forces is what.

Is it even possible for clients like Origin and Uplay to just die out?
If that did happen, they would have to reimburse all purchases made.

There is a long history of failed digital distribution platforms with GFWL being the latest to die.

When they do you are pretty much out of luck unless individual publishers decide to be nice.

In my dreams, everyone just gives in to Steam's inevitable dominance.

That wouldn't be a good thing and I'm pretty happy with the state of play of things at the moment.

If EA or Ubisoft start making games I want to play it might be an issue, but there doesn't seem to be any danger of that.

The way Ubisoft makes some games is just frustrating, I can't believe how they can think "yeah, let's add tons of boring repetetive stuff" is a good thing. I still like Assassin's Creed series somewhat, I've even played through AC2, ACB and ACR. AC1 was just terrible to play, while impressive for its time for graphics and stuff. Have been playing AC3 for 5 hours now, and I can see why it hasn't been received well. It's insulting with it's "walk 5 meters, watch a scripted event, wait until the game loads, walk another 5 meters". But I will continue it, and make a final judgment when I get to Connor and stuff. It will be seen if I can make it through, not touching the side stuff though, that I only did in AC2 and now I'm burnt out of that.

Also Far Cry series is even more horrible. I tried FC2 but it was unplayable to me, game had nothing to offer expect borefest. FC3 seems like a totally better game in mechanics and graphics but wouldn't buy it, got it free in PS+ tho.

So yeah, won't touch Watch_Dogs either until it's bargain price or reviews/players confirm it's not like AC/FC. Because it looks just like that, lifeless borefest with just enough interesting content and gameplay that you want to play it.

Rayman Origins and Legends are a nice exception though, fortunately.

And yeah...while dominance can be bad, I'd prefer uPlay and Origin to die as well. Won't be happening in the near future, I think they'll try to push them even harder in upcoming years.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dead Rising 2 or Off the Record: which one should I get?

One has covered wars, ya know?

So that one. Daddy's little girl is not as good.

(And they both use Games for Windows Live so...)

I have never used it on pc, was too lazy to remember my password lol

Does it suck now? I hope it gets better when it's time for me to use it for 1 or 2 games I want to play.

It breaks Big Picture Mode for no reason, so it's pretty bad.

Ubisoft make some decent games outside their open world titles, I just personally don't like them much.

That would be a respectable opinion if Rayman wasn't a thing.

I think Rayman is great...but I just can't bring myself to like it. I have tried plenty of times but it just doesn't click.

I know that feel. :(

Sometimes it feels more like a collectable-finding game that has platforming in it rather than a platforming game with collectable-finding in it.

JDHarbs

I just had it sink in that the new Star Wars Battlefront is practically guaranteed to be Origin-exclusive.

My stomach hurts now.

I know that feel. :(

Sometimes it feels more like a collectable-finding game that has platforming in it rather than a platforming game with collectable-finding in it.

I know I'm on shaky ground with this one, but I actually really like Rayman Jungle Run on the iphone. I'd like to see them make a full scale auto-run title because I think that is the best angle it works from.

I'd buy that.

I just had it sink in that the new Star Wars Battlefront is practically guaranteed to be Origin-exclusive.

My stomach hurts now.

An xwing/Tie fighter game would be ... conflicting.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

My stomach hurts now.

It is. It's being made by DICE so it's 100% gonna be Origin.

So give into Origin, it isn't as bad as the Steam crazies in this thread make it out to be.

Now... Uplay... they have a point on that one.

26E2UxT.png

More please.

maneil99

Anyone else get that weird feeling with Ubisoft Open world games. Like they are detailed and al lbut just feel so fake and video gamey as opposed to something like GTA. Biggest knock I have for watchdogs even though I haven't played it.

Fun game. I've been trying to figure out some of the achievements in each world like the ice one. I've been stumped. D:
The two that got me the most were Crypt Room 5 and Electric Room 3.

The ice ones are easy!

C'mon, you can do them on your own.

Ice Room 4 - You can use the goat and mouse to hit the switches, leaving five ice blocks in the room.

Ice Room 5 - Find a high spot, then jump, air dash and double jump to the button.

Very nice, I need to get that game.
How long did it take to complete?
Steam says five hours, maybe an hour was idling or away.

Volcynika

The two that got me the most were Crypt Room 5 and Electric Room 3.

The ice ones are easy!

C'mon, you can do them on your own.

Ice Room 4 - You can use the goat and mouse to hit the switches, leaving five ice blocks in the room.

Ice Room 5 - Find a high spot, then jump, air dash and double jump to the button.

Steam says five hours, maybe an hour was idling or away.

Huh? The Ice one for 4 is finishing without hitting the mask switches, at least I thought it was. Hm, maybe I need to re-look at it.

Well it finally happened. Never thought it would happen to me but it did. Saw an interesting game called Sacred Citadel so I go to the Steam page for the game so I can either buy it or add it to my wishlist. Yup, I already own it.

Huh? The Ice one for 4 is finishing without hitting the mask switches, at least I thought it was. Hm, maybe I need to re-look at it.
Laziness
Beat Frozen Cavern Room 4 with 5 Ice Blocks remaining.

Alternate Path
Beat Frozen Cavern Room 5 without touching any of the Skull Switches.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Well it finally happened. Never thought it would happen to me but it did. Saw an interesting game called Sacred Citadel so I go to the Steam page for the game so I can either buy it or add it to my wishlist. Yup, I already own it.

It's been in a few bundles at this point I believe so you probably didn't mean to buy it the first time! Hahaha

All DmC DLC is mine. Intended to only buy Vergil's Downfall but the superficial packs were so cheap that everything added up to costing less than half the price of buying Vergil's Downfall at its regular price.

Overdoziz

Banned
Welp, I'm hooked on Civ V. Never played any of the games before, but I just spent like 2 hours just playing the tutorial. Too bad you seemingly can't save during it, but I'll just start the singleplayer mode tomorrow for some more.

Anteater

Welp, I'm hooked on Civ V. Never played any of the games before, but I just spent like 2 hours just playing the tutorial. Too bad you seemingly can't save during it, but I'll just start the singleplayer mode tomorrow for some more.

Is it good for newbies? I'm really bad at these games.

Very nice, I need to get that game.
How long did it take to complete?

It'll take maybe two hours to get through the worlds your first time.

Most excellent, thanks for that.

I would like to see more Commodore 64 style platformers overall, single-screen platformers with lots of conveyor belts, switches, pulleys, keys, etc.

More of those, less of the "so ultra hard" stuff.

Well done on all the achievements. I agree it is nice to play a puzzle game where you keep making steady progress.

Civ V may at first look intimidating but it's super easy to get into. Just start playing the game on Settler and work your way up the difficult levels when you feel comfortable.

Overdoziz

Banned
Is it good for newbies? I'm really bad at these games.
It surprisingly easy to get into. It's all fairly straight forward from the start and because of nature of the game you get progressively introduced to new things. The turn-based aspect of the game also allows you to take things in and think things through at your own pace.

I have never really played any turned based strategy games, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far.

The first time it happen to me I thought steam was broken. Now I'm use to it. :)

Cheddahz

Banned
I managed to get the complete pack of Resident Evil 6 off of someone on the Buy/Sell/Trade thread for only $12, so I'm done with the Capcom sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom