• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Capcom seems to have removed the region lock on Remember Me: the RU store page still states that the game will only run in RU/CIS countries, however this isn't reflected in the registry and it's now giftable.

1 small step for Capcom, 1 giant leap for trading sites.

didamangi

Capcom seems to have removed the region lock on Remember Me: the RU store page still states that the game will only run in RU/CIS countries, however this isn't reflected in the registry and it's now giftable.

Just like Resident Evil Revelations then, just in time for the next daily deal?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Resident Evil is Region free now? All of them or just Revelations?

Resident Evil 5: Region-free (universal sub)
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City: Not available
Resident Evil 6: Region-locked (gifting disabled) (Edit: The Complete Pack is region-free (universal sub))
Resident Evil: Revelations: Region-free (RU/CIS-specific sub with no regional restrictions)

Capcom daily deals seems to be 75% off so far, so 3 keys!

I'm thinking RE6/R will be 66% off as they're more recent and Resident Evil is Capcom's tentpole franchise. I'd love to be wrong, though!

Li Kao

Honestly just leave vsync off unless you want input lag because you want slightly prettier picture, after that set the framerate to fixed and you get 60fps locked which is what you want.

Just googled the thing a bit as I don't really care about fps and stuff (not because of a lack of interest but I know I'm the kind of person who will always notice it after that, like the non-24hz slowdowns in HDTV), but is this advice good :

- if your fps is lower than your screen refresh rate, don't opt for vsync (opt if you really can't stand screen tearing)
- if your fps is near your screen refresh rate, opt for vsync with triple buffering (don't if you really can't stand a little latency)
- if your fps is better than your screen refresh rate, opt for vsync without triple buffering (you will obtain the best fluidity)

Just found that and wanted to fact check it against SteamGAF wisdom.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm not following you. You can use the radial menu to turn on/off any of the powers at any time, so you din't have to wait until your energy runs out. Unless you mean turning off powers with a keybinding, which I'm not sure if it's possible.

EDIT: actually, turning off cloak doesn't drain the suit's power? I played Crysis Warhead like a month ago, but I can't remember.

Selecting cloak doesn't have the ability turn off the power manually. It stays ON until the suit drains.

What I want is to be able to turn it OFF without having SWITCH powers.

Unless the suit hotkey system works, the radial menu doesn't have an on/off switch unless I'm missing something here.

fantomena

Just finished Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. What an amazing game. Very good and a little bit emotional story, beautiful graphics and artwork and very well made gameplay. Only cons is it is too short and the controls (tried both Xbox-controller and keyboard) are too chaotic and frustrating.

A very stable 8/10 from me. Really recommend it. But since both the autumn and winter sale is just around the corner, you guys should maybe just wait for them.

Also, it does not have any other grahpics options than resolution and VSYNC, which is dissapointing.

Wok

It is being sold in Europe. I'd say the game isn't on trading sites because it's ~$4.60 in Russia, which means 3 keys (~$7 or, in other words, what the game is already priced at in Dollar Land).

Italy here!
It made all the way to my cart with no error at all, so maybe is a problem on your end?

Strangely, I cannot access the French store page.

The Wolf Among Us
header.jpg

Finished the first episode in 1 sitting, took me about 2 hours.
Having liked the walking dead season 1 by telltale games very much and having read one or two issues of Fables in the anticipation of it, I entered the game with very high hopes and closed the game with a smile on my face.
Telltale has managed to make me feel like I was inside the story arc, it felt so vivid, they nailed the art-style this time and the story. It actually felt like I mattered this time, unlike in TWD where I was just observing what Lee was doing.
I'm now eagerly waiting for the upcoming episodes.

Thanks for the impressions.

Looking at my steamcommunity site I can see that it took me exactly 2.2hours.
I think they are planning to do it on a monthly basis, 1 new episode per month, season over 5 months, don't quote me on that.

So for 20 euros, you get all the episodes, right?

fantomena

Im gonna buy The Wolf Among Us in the winter sale, no matter what discount. I bought The Walking Dead at full price and not a single regret.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
They can. Defense->disarm->stabby-stabby. :p

Just everyone used the counter because it's the "easiest way" to go than the various methods of attack/defense.

Which is sort-of-kinda why AC3 dropped the "four limb" system and just made it an "attack/defense"-two-buttonish system. But then the two buttons are handling shit that the four buttons normally split off reasonably in non-combat situations.

1. Defense is a second button so my two-button combat argument still stands.

2. Disarming is still technically a counter if it's timed and used in conjunction with defense.

Volcynika

Already owned both of the games from the GMG Voting thing sooo

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Civilization V -- MB-717F9F8AEE3F4720 - Taken by Freezard

Haunted

teleglitch and volgarr marathon all weekend long. it's so hardcore my eyeballs be growing hair.
Add Spelunky and La-Mulana to that and it's clear that people saying games have become too easy are just playing the wrong games. :p

Well it finally happened. Never thought it would happen to me but it did. Saw an interesting game called Sacred Citadel so I go to the Steam page for the game so I can either buy it or add it to my wishlist. Yup, I already own it.
It's a totally solid beat'em up, too!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
are summer and winter sale comparable in size (as in discounted games) ?
how big is the autumn sale?

Yeah, the Summer Sale, Autumn Sale and Winter Sale are all more or less identical in scope (i.e. virtually everything is discounted). In terms of length, the Winter Sale is the biggest of the year at two weeks, followed by the Summer Sale at a week-and-a-half, and bringing up the rear is the Autumn Sale, which runs for a few days.

DNF

Yeah, the Summer Sale, Autumn Sale and Winter Sale are all more or less identical in scope (i.e. virtually everything is discounted). In terms of length, the Winter Sale is the biggest of the year at two weeks, followed by the Summer Sale at a week-and-a-half, and bringing up the rear is the Autumn Sale, which runs for a few days.

good to know, thanks

The_Monk

Amazon had better deals than Steam last winter most of the time, I hope either Valve improves or A.com doesn't disappoint.

This is true, Tony from Amazon made a great work on communicate them too, that is, before he was banned.

Competition is always good in my opinion and lately many other websites have been getting great deals. It's no longer just Steam, there's Amazon, GMG and others.

Tenrius

So, is Steam playtime broken for anyone else? It seems that some of my games had at least 17 (or more) hours of playtime added for some reason. It also happened to a friend of mine, who actually brought this to my attention in the first place. That's only in the client.

The_Monk

So, is Steam playtime broken for anyone else? It seems that some of my games had at least 17 (or more) hours of playtime added for some reason. It also happened to a friend of mine, who actually brought this to my attention in the first place. That's only in the client.

Yes fellow GAFfer, for quite some time, actually. With me, the bug comes and goes before or after playing a game. Sometimes a Steam restart fixes the problem but if I go and play another game the bug returns. If I go to my Profiles the hours are fine but not the "last week" part, however.

So...um..., does the "Own Divinity II: Developer's Cut on Steam? Receive 10% off on your Dragon Commander purchase!" discount not work with the humble bundle?

Tizoc

Wait why are there Halloween and Autumn sales back to back? Why not just do a Halloween sale and treat it as the Autumn sale?

Copons

Broken for me too. It added some kind of 15+ hours to any game I've played at least once. It fixes for a game when you play it (at least, it dropped to the correct time for Dark Souls right now).

wazoo

No matter what I do and how much games I buy, there is always around 100 games in my wishlist, seems steam production is not very much affected by the arrival of new consoles.

I hope these are not owned by everyone yet..

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

EU3 Complete -- MB-F5728A36B9346DDC - Taken by Tizoc
SPAZ -- MB-64D3F5A728D20500 - Taken by Pakkidis
Showdown Effect -- MB-391CB5285F130E09 - Taken by rainking187

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom