• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
So I just got past the tutorial or introduction mission in RE6 and I thought it was pretty good. I'll probably play more of the game tonight

I say that if it is a daily deal, get it

Acccent

Locking isn't helping really much. Part of the problem, maybe, is that I'm using a halberd as the main weapon, and its light attack is straight, while maybe using a fast short sword (like the katana hidden after a hard jump here in Blighttown), with a wider slash, could be more useful.

You can also try holding with two hands (Y), usually it switches your LT attack with an overhead swing that's pretty efficient against those damn mosquitoes

Cheddahz

Banned
I paid the same price for the complete pack of RE6 last night, lol

I'll get RE: Revelations later on, I've heard it's only decent anyways and I want to beat RE6 first

Derrick01

Banned
RE6 at that price is a steal. Surprisingly fun game but I haven't played it in co-op yet, hoping to convince my friend to get it at that price.

didamangi

You still have a day left, but I think it's going to be Dead Rising.

2 days left in fact, but I've got a feeling it'll be Lost Planet and Dead Rising since that's the only series left that can be called franchise sale. Good thing Remember Me isn't region locked anymore.

legacyzero

Banned
RE6 at that price is a steal. Surprisingly fun game but I haven't played it in co-op yet, hoping to convince my friend to get it at that price.

That's what I like about you Derrick.

I'll never understand you.

HOWEVER. Assignment ADA is is the only good thing about the game IMO.

Derrick01

Banned
That's what I like about you Derrick.

I'll never understand you.

HOWEVER. Assignment ADA is is the only good thing about the game IMO.

What's that? Do you mean her bonus campaign? That was the worst one in the game for me. Outside of a cool new boss fight the rest of it was such a chore to do. Busted ass stealth segments and outside of chapter 1 most of the rest of the game is just shit you've seen 3 times already (provided you save that campaign for last, it's unlocked right away on the PC version)

The thing about this game is the regular TPS stuff is pretty bad, like if you play it as a cover shooter it's going to be the worst game ever. But it implements a bunch of other mechanics that are in few, if any, other TPS. The bad thing is you pretty much have to figure that out yourself as the game never mentions them.

legacyzero

Banned
What's that? Do you mean her bonus campaign? That was the worst one in the game for me. Outside of a cool new boss fight the rest of it was such a chore to do. Busted ass stealth segments and outside of chapter 1 most of the rest of the game is just shit you've seen 3 times already (provided you save that campaign for last, it's unlocked right away on the PC version)

The main draw for Ada was that you were alone most of the time. Co-Op kills RE for me :(

Mikaju

Finding a 007 Legends key for ~$45 or less is proving difficult. I was originally going to import a physical copy from Oz Game Shop for $40, but I left it too long and now there are none left. Next I bought a key for 32 Eurobucks or so, however I cancelled the order when I was asked to provide not only a scan of my passport but also a photo of me holding said passport.

I've been waiting sale on this one, about 33€ right now. Still pissed Bloodstone is gone probably forever.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1002-007-legends

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Order Details:
James Bond: 007 Legends (PC) (x1) , £21.24 + £1.49 shipping

Order Reference: <snip>
Your total bill is £22.73 [~AUD$38]

If I get a follow-up e-mail stating that the order has been cancelled due to there being no stock, I will die.

Derrick01

Banned
So RE6 > Revelations right? Already played RE6.

From what I noticed most RE fans seem to like Revelations more as it's a more "traditional RE experience".

Then again many of them prefer those horrid tank controls and lame jump scares in the PS1 games over RE4 and 6 so I'm not sure if people should listen to that. Regardless, I just bought Revelations since I had a few dollars of card money. Can't say no to that price. I'm just glad this came to PC before I got a 3DS and played it on there.

masterkajo

I played Resident Evil 6 with a friend in coop on launch on Xbox and it was quite the fun. Don't expect much storywise (though I liked the different perspectives on the story from the different main characters) or Resident Evil gameplaywise and you are good. The game mechanics allow for a lot of different comboing moves and while it takes a while before you master the controls, you can really kick ass when you do.

Well, I bought it again and convienced another friend to buy it too for some coop action again. Besides I never finished the 4th character's story.

I can't decide on Revelations or RE6. Haven't played either, and I can only get one.
Haven't touched 6 in any form but you should try out the demo for Rev, it put me off from the game despite the praises; the enemies had terrible spongy reactions, which was incredibly disappointing since 4 has some of the best.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I can't decide on Revelations or RE6. Haven't played either, and I can only get one.

RE6 seems like RE5 (a game I finished in COOP and loved) but dumber. Also, GFWL is coming down, so there won't be COOP For it much longer (unless they patch it out). It doesn't use GFWL, so we're safe!

RE:R, on the other hand, is more of a single player, you are alone Resident Evil experience (think Resident Evil 5 inside corridors).

I would like both, but I believe I won't be buying any of them this sale. I already have too many games, RE6 coop expectation is bound to die, and neither received a base price drop yet. I think I can wait until next year.

Edit: I noticed that i've been changing my Steam Purchase method. It used to be "75% discount or less!" now it's "it received a base price drop AND it's discounted by 75% or less!".

Derrick01

Banned
RE6 seems like RE5 (a game I finished in COOP and loved) but dumber. Also, GFWL is coming down, so there won't be COOP For it much longer (unless they patch it out).

Well it's similar in style to RE5 but it's a far better game. To this day I can't re-play that because of how horrible it is and how much the co-op AI gets in the way. They solved that problem in 6 by making them a bit smarter and they took out the AI inventory so they can't take all of the items nearby and waste them with poor decision making. That does lead to you getting pretty stacked with supplies at times (although they tend to run out quickly still) but in an action game that's what you want. Plus there's a much better melee system in for you to use if you feel like you're getting short on ammo.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, bought RE6. I really like this Capcom sale, so if anyone's from those guys reading, thanks a bunch :)

The_Monk

I would jump on RE Revelaitons without thinking if I could, that's a nice single player for the Halloween holiday actually. RE6 is also with a good price in my opinion, I played on the console back in the day and I had invested 40 Hours of Single Player Co-op and some mercs too.

Salsa

I picked up both RE:R and RE6 a couple months ago for more than this and havent played yet

Kahn_thumb.gif

STEAAAAAAAAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom