• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

^IT's a good action game, with some great visuals but the character and dialog is terrible.

Oh hey I won EU3, thanks inguer!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Think of picking up the new DmC on sale. Yea or nea for someone who's never played a game in the series?

Nea. Get DMC4. Much better. And at $5 it's a steal for the definitive version of that game.

As for Crysis 1: Up to the fourth level and in a full blown war. I'm still not feeling the game, which is a shame as Far Cry
on X-box
was amazing. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if Acti will bother to patch out GFWL from Quantum of Solace. It'd be nice to have a game that was pulled from Steam retroactively made Steam-redeemable. Also, I've noticed that Amazon is selling keys for Legends of Pegasus, which makes two digital retailers now offering the game (the other being GameFly); when are you going to put it back up on Steam itself, Kalypso?

New Dante's motivations are clear and understandable. He doesn't make any decisions in the plot that are absurd or unreasonable. He also hardly swears in the entire game. I honestly don't get the complaints.

It's a nefarious character redesign, gameplay wise the game is ok, but DMC4 is still superior, though more demanding and less forgiving.

I'm not saying DmC is a bad game, but DMC4 is far superior in my opinion.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
New Dante's motivations are clear and understandable. He doesn't make any decisions in the plot that are absurd or unreasonable. He also hardly swears in the entire game. I honestly don't get the complaints.

Yeah, because people buy a DMC game for the story.

People bitch and moan about Dante.

dmc_shirtless_suspenders_done_blog_image--article_image.jpg

Anteater

DMC4 is 5 bucks, has better bosses (but not the best in the series) and 2 characters to play with, some shit levels and backtracking, cutscenes are fun to watch.

Get the cheaper game and DmC later maybe? I'm not against DmC, it just costs $12.50 at the moment, it is the more accessible game in the series and easy to play, the combat isn't as polished as dmc4 and with some shit bosses and color coded enemies, it's a slower game especially dmc4 has a turbo mode.

I can't really comment much on the story because I think they're both kind of crap :lol, dmc4 is more focused on over the top action sequences and light hearted dialogues with a simple story about a demon hunter and a new character Nero, some stuff go unexplained.
DmC is more focus on trying to tell an "origin" story of Dante building up for a potential sequel.

I had fun with both.

Tizoc

DMC4 is 5 bucks, has better bosses and 2 characters to play with, some shit levels and backtracking, cutscenes are fun to watch.

Get the cheaper game and DmC later maybe? I'm not against DmC, it just costs $12.50 at the moment, it is the more accessible game in the series and easy to play, the combat isn't as polished as dmc4 and with some shit bosses and color coded enemies, it's a slower game especially dmc4 has a turbo mode.

I can't really comment much on the story because I think they're both kind of crap :lol, dmc4 is more focused on over the top action sequences and light hearted dialogues with a simple story about a demon hunter and a new character Nero, some stuff go unexplained.
DmC is more focus on trying to tell an "origin" story of Dante building up for a potential sequel.

I had fun with both.

The chances of DmC going on sale for 75% are rather slim in future sales this remaining year, so if you can best get it now.
I mean granted it COULD get a Winter Seal bundle of DmC COmplete for $14.99, but what're the chances of that happening?

Anteater

The chances of DmC going on sale for 75% are rather slim in future sales this remaining year, so if you can best get it now.
I mean granted it COULD get a Winter Seal bundle of DmC COmplete for $14.99, but what're the chances of that happening?

Yeah, if he absolutely must have it this year, I wouldn't argue against it, I did get Tomb Raider at $12 since I wanted to play it this year. I just have the habit of waiting for a lower price if it's one of those games I'm not sure about and would just like to try lol.

didamangi

So I have a good time with Dark Void so far.

Runs great, nice short levels, standard cover based shooter but once you get the jet pack the level opens up and you can fly around and be rocketman basically. Some nice Physx effects thrown in as well.

Cheers. :) It was the first one I made, though not the first I used.

sronanav1j0ui6.jpg

I'd thought I started making them around mid-2011, but apparently I was a little off. How time flies!

You should make a calendar, but instead of one pic per month, one Saoire pic per day of the year ;)

Anteater

4's still one of the most boring games I've ever played. I have a hard time believing DmC is worse even with the new awful dante.

Combat wise dmc4 has more depth and with 2 characters, everything else are the same fight a bunch of stuff in an arena linked by boring platforming affair, it's not a huge improvement, the bosses are also terrible in DmC so your mind could be blown.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm about half-way through the DmC Vergil DLC and I'm quite impressed. The design is as entertaining as the best levels in the main game so if you (are casual and) liked that, you'll like this.

Momentary

Banned
I'm about half-way through the DmC Vergil DLC and I'm quite impressed. The design is as entertaining as the best levels in the main game so if you (are casual and) liked that, you'll like this.

Also, even thought Vergil's moveset isn't as in-depth as Dante's, his combos are more than satisfying to execute. At least, that's how it felt for me.

Copons

The LTTP bla bla bla Dark Souls - Blighttown Minisode

WTF is wrong with this place? I mean, except poison.
This place is seriously screwing with me and I'm almost out of arrows, and those motherfucking mosquitoes. Also, I don't think being drunk is helping me, like, at all.
I hope the boss of this place doesn't spawn mosquitoes or I'm gonna hit my cat out of frustration. You've been warned, From Software.

The LTTP bla bla bla Dark Souls - Blighttown Minisode

WTF is wrong with this place? I mean, except poison.
This place is seriously screwing with me and I'm almost out of arrows, and those motherfucking mosquitoes. Also, I don't think being drunk is helping me, like, at all.
I hope the boss of this place doesn't spawn mosquitoes or I'm gonna hit my cat out of frustration. You've been warned, From Software.
Something to note that you might not have known that comes in handy with the mutant mosquits, your camera position determines your swing angle; look up for a high swing, low to hit closer to the ground, and level for straight ahead.

Copons

Something to note that you might not have known that comes in handy with the mutant mosquits, your camera position determines your swing angle; look up for a high swing, low to hit closer to the ground, and level for straight ahead.

WHA..???
I mean seriously???

The fuck, up until now I considered them like the hardest enemy of the whole game... :D

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Lock On is a big help as well, but it will only auto-face you if you're close enough to hit.

Copons

Lock On is a big help as well, but it will only auto-face you if you're close enough to hit.

Locking isn't helping really much. Part of the problem, maybe, is that I'm using a halberd as the main weapon, and its light attack is straight, while maybe using a fast short sword (like the katana hidden after a hard jump here in Blighttown), with a wider slash, could be more useful.

JaseC

Finding a 007 Legends key for ~$45 or less is proving difficult. I was originally going to import a physical copy from Oz Game Shop for $40, but I left it too long and now there are none left. Next I bought a key for 32 Eurobucks or so, however I cancelled the order when I was asked to provide not only a scan of my passport but also a photo of me holding said passport.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Locking isn't helping really much. Part of the problem, maybe, is that I'm using a halberd as the main weapon, and its light attack is straight, while maybe using a fast short sword (like the katana hidden after a hard jump here in Blighttown), with a wider slash, could be more useful.

The weapons in Dark Souls is one of the things that annoys me the most about the game. It's hard to figure out the best weapon for you, because it takes so long to level them up to actually test them.

For instance, you have no way to know (other than looking at a FAQ) how powerful a weapon will be at +10 level, when compared to your already at +10 level. So you'll waste time/souls leveling it up to find out that it's less powerful than what you're using.

Also, it doesn't help that I'm using the allegedly strongest weapon in the game, the Black Knight Halberd with a Strength build. Still... I guess that's part of the game.

Edit: Great, now I want to play Dark Souls, but the next part may have a story beat in it, and I don't want to do it...

didamangi

Finding a 007 Legends key for ~$45 or less is proving difficult. I was originally going to import a physical copy from Oz Game Shop for $40, but I left it too long and now there are none left. Next I bought a key for 32 Eurobucks or so, however I cancelled the order when I was asked to provide not only a scan of my passport but also a photo of me holding said passport.

I guess they've got scammed one too many times to seriously asked that :))

JaseC

I guess they've got scammed one too many times to seriously asked that :))

Yeah, the e-mail I received after placing the order mentioned that increased security measures are imposed on first-time buyers due to problems with CC fraud. My order was cancelled and refunded in just 20 minutes, though, so that was nice.

Copons

The weapons in Dark Souls is one of the things that annoys me the most about the game. It's hard to figure out the best weapon for you, because it takes so long to level them up to actually test them.

For instance, you have no way to know (other than looking at a FAQ) how powerful a weapon will be at +10 level, when compared to your already at +10 level. So you'll waste time/souls leveling it up to find out that it's less powerful than what you're using.

Also, it doesn't help that I'm using the allegedly strongest weapon in the game, the Black Knight Halberd with a Strength build. Still... I guess that's part of the game.

I think most of the fun is trying every weapon you get for some time, and pick the one you feel most confident using.
Like, I usually use swords in other games, because they usually are the most "middle" weapon around. In DS, while it may be still true, I prefer using a longer weapon that leave me more safe space to roll away and most important, that safe space seems easier on my sloppy combat style.
After trying several weapons, I picked the halberd because its light attack feels super fine with my style. And so I'm slowly levelling up strenght to use the Black Knight Halberd I got some time ago (it requires 32, I'm at 23 or 24 right now, but I don't want to rush only strength, leaving low endurance, vitality and dexterity).

Edit: Great, now I want to play Dark Souls, but the next part may have a story beat in it, and I don't want to do it...
Yeah, when referring to making Dark Souls 2 more accessible, things like character building need to be much clearer in-game. It's the only thing I really go wiki crawling for because otherwise anything you do is a complete shot in the dark.

Personally I like going for a dex build. Balder Side Sword and Silver Knight Spear, everything I need. <3 I have so much fun two handing the SKS and getting a passive stamina boost from Grass Crest Shield. Love me some games with a good spear, and I hope DS2 doesn't disappoint in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom