• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I took a peak at the coming soon tab to see if there's anything interesting releasing and man its barren, is this how next gen is going to look on PC?

It's way too early to panic, I don't see console announcements for new gen to be plentiful so far either.

you have a point, but it was very strange for a PC game (as Fable) to get sequel on a console only, for me it seemed strange.

It isn't that strange. Well, not in the sense that Microsoft wanted to sell 360s. Leaving PC gaming and GFWL to die given their position in the market might not be considered the best move.

Any additional BTA games for HIB9 should be announced tonight right? Tempted to get buy La Mulana but I don't want to buy it then had HIB9 add it.

Feels a bit too soon for it to be in a humble bundle despite the fact it's already been in a groupees bundle, but that was before it was on steam. Something like Don't Starve seems like a more likely candidate, or they might throw in one of the previous bundles like they've done in the past. Mulana probably will end up in a bundle at some point so unless you want to play it right now, or just want to give some extra cash to the devs, you may as well hold off.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
you have a point, but it was very strange for a PC game (as Fable) to get sequel on a console only, for me it seemed strange.

I can understand the move insofar that Microsoft's library of first-party Xbox IPs -- or rather, those it paid attention to -- was rather small at the time, but it's a pity we didn't get a belated port. Sure, we got Fable 3 in the end, but I would have preferred a fashionably late port of Fable 2 myself.

I can understand the move insofar that Microsoft's library of first-party Xbox IPs -- or rather, those it paid attention to -- was rather small at the time, but it's a pity we didn't get a belated port. Sure, we got Fable 3 in the end, but I would have preferred a fashionably late port of Fable 2 myself.

A "Belated" series of games would be nice from Microsoft. They could make the boxes purple or something.

Arthea

exactly, I still don't understand why they never ported it to PC.

JaseC

A "Belated" series of games would be nice from Microsoft. They could make the boxes purple or something.
exactly, I still don't understand why they never ported it to PC.

I'd love to see MS sign off on PC ports of current X360 exclusives now that we're in the throws of a generational transition. The PC releases of the Fable, Gears, Halo and Viva Pinata franchises all rather lonely without their X360-exclusive counterparts.

derExperte

I took a peak at the coming soon tab to see if there's anything interesting releasing and man its barren, is this how next gen is going to look on PC?

August was one of the craziest months since the invention of Steam, September has been very good too so far plus today we'll get Ironclad Tactics and Foul Play. Grab some of those games if you have nothing left to play. ;) And what's coming out on consoles in the next few weeks that we're missing? Everyone besides FIFA is afraid of GTA. Then end of October has BF4, AC4 and Deadly Premonition in the span of three days shortly after Batman. Oh and next week Shadow Warrior.

Arthea

I'd love to see MS sign off on PC ports of current X360 exclusives now that we're in the throws of a generational transition. The PC releases of the Fable, Gears, Halo and Viva Pinata franchises all rather lonely without their X360-exclusive counterparts.

That would be nice, especially when no bc is in sight, and 360s don't live long.

Acccent

So I just tried La-Mulana...

My very first impression is that it seems to be frustrating for no real reason?

The character's stiffness is atrocious; you can't change direction mid-air and the jump speed is super slow, to the extent that I think movement itself might be intended to feel like a puzzle of sorts - you have to anticipate what will happen over the course of your jump since it literally takes 3-4 seconds until you land. The level design seems super annoying too, I've already seen several screens where I wanted to go to one point but while walking towards there I realized there was a wall that, while not invisible, did look similar enough to the background scenery for me not to notice it until I bumped against it, and to actually go to the other side I had to backtrack quite a lot and go up and down ladders which are a pain to use and then walk all the way back to the other side of the wall again, only to realize that nothing's there.

I did like the way it explicitly leaves you with no information (you get a laptop app at the beginning which says "there will be no help, support is forbidden" etc.) and you have to figure out what to do yourself, but the thing is this approach implies a lot of trial-and-error and if each try is such a pain in the ass, I won't play it for long.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 53 Steam keys....

Holy fucking crap!

This is the first of those Massive ModBots Give-aways that you said you would do to hoover up and give away all the unclaimed keys right?

Must be, surely?!

Shit, uh...

...welp, hadn't wanted to out myself....

:eek: HOLD FUCKING CRAP!!!

I first read the huge ModBot post about an hour ago and am still genuflecting internally.

SMH [in a good way]. I hope being so generous is making you feel good as it should be!

I forgot I need to blacklist this guy from my modbot giveaways. I got some keys saved up for a boring night.

What I like is that they have a grand total of eight posts on GAF and all but one of them are in the last Steam thread.

Subtle.

Oh and lol at all the questions that are answered in the ModBot post itself. Come on people! Reading helps you know? :)

Yes
http://i.minus.com/iluI2udyjKjgt.gif[img]
[img]http://i.minus.com/ijfDQT6tPlwT1.gif[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/mKwVELZ.gif[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/CtlzZHP.gif[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/yJMZ1HR.gif[img][/QUOTE]

lol

Those gifs have just bumped up the game many places in my mental wishlist. Thanks for posting :).

[quote="Arthea, post: 82458845"]I must be alone in entire gaming universe that doesn't give a damn about GTA V.
Feels good to be soooo exceptional.
[SPOILER]*mounts a high horse, falls*[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

You fell off because I was already on that horse. BWAHAHA!

I wish I did like Rockstar games but I've tried several and the only one I warmed to was the first Red Dead. GTA London, Vice City and Bully were all big turn offs for me and enough to tell me that the games they wish to make are not the type of games I wish to play.

[quote="jadedcynic, post: 82463921"]I took a peak at the coming soon tab to see if there's anything interesting releasing and man its barren, is this how next gen is going to look on PC?[/QUOTE]

I love how your posts are so congruent with your username :).

Acccent

Accent, wtf is your avatar?

It's a dragonfly in the mist and I think it looks like Charon

iHl1hjZrZi4Ba.png

Maybe this might interest some of you:

@ghostlightgames I preordered Agarest on Steam. Any more projects for the PC planned? Besides other Agarest Games? ;) - 17 Sep

@sharillonxiao We're looking into a few but nothing concrete yet I'm afraid.

Arthea

You fell off because I was already on that horse. BWAHAHA!

I wish I did like Rockstar games but I've tried several and the only one I warmed to was the first Red Dead. GTA London, Vice City and Bully were all big turn offs for me and enough to tell me that the games they wish to make are not the type of games I wish to play.
So it was you! Get off my high horse!
welcome to the club, there are quite a few of us here, we found out today

The_Monk

I sure am my friend! Along with Foul Play, it will be a glorious day :)

Nice, please give me some impressions later good sir! I'm curious for some honest opinions on the game.

---

On a side note, I wish I could talk to Valve and get all my Physical games on Steam. By providing them proof (DVD, Case) and giving them the Serial Number in the game. I'm saying this because I have Age of Empires III Complete in physical form and I wish I could just have it on Steam to avoid more clutter.

I don't have many physical games and the ones I have are really old but I would like this to be an option. Just to give you guys an example, back in the day I did this in Origin for my old Copies of Dead Space (which I'm playing on Steam now instead, lol) and Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars and they even offered me extra content for C&C. It was very fast and they got my physical copies of games on Origin.

Acccent

Huh I was hesitant to buy Gunpoint - it was #3 on my wishlist but I'm not gonna play it anytime soon and I thought it would be useless to get it now - but then I realized it was cheaper on the dev's site, due to Humble Store not converting $ to €, so I went there...

...and bought the special edition :|

Nice, please give me some impressions later good sir! I'm curious for some honest opinions on the game.

---

On a side note, I wish I could talk to Valve and get all my Physical games on Steam. By providing them proof (DVD, Case) and giving them the Serial Number in the game. I'm saying this because I have Age of Empires III Complete in physical form and I wish I could just have it on Steam to avoid more clutter.

I don't have many physical games and the ones I have are really old but I would like this to be an option. Just to give you guys an example, back in the day I did this in Origin for my old Copies of Dead Space (which I'm playing on Steam now instead, lol) and Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars and they even offered me extra content for C&C. It was very fast and they got my physical copies of games on Origin.

You need to add these games to your Steam Wishlist! Enhanced Steam tells me that you haven't added AofE III Complete yet so hop to it! I'm sure there are plenty of GAFers who would love to gift things to you to show how much they appreciate their fellow GAFer! Especially since you have horrible dentist bills to pay for your wisdom teeth extractions!

It does sound like poor excuse to me. They could patch it.

I'm not going to dig around the internet but in one of the many interviews, they said it came down to a cost issue.The port would cost many times more than they could expect to profit from sales. It was sited as a reason why one of the Rockstar studios was being dedicated ports in order to avoid that issue again.

derExperte

Huh I was hesitant to buy Gunpoint - it was #3 on my wishlist but I'm not gonna play it anytime soon and I thought it would be useless to get it now - but then I realized it was cheaper on the dev's site, due to Humble Store not converting $ to €, so I went there...

...and bought the special edition :|

Btw there now is the option to buy the SE and EE extras through Steam after buying the normal version which wasn't there before.

And if anyone is afraid of Gunpoint being in a bundle soon: https://twitter.com/GunpointGame/status/380047219455311874

Problem of course is that EA can do whatever they want with their own games while Valve can't just give you a Steam version without the consent of the publisher.

JaseC

I'm not going to dig around the internet but in one of the many interviews, they said it came down to a cost issue.The port would cost many times more than they could expect to profit from sales. It was sited as a reason why one of the Rockstar studios was being dedicated ports in order to avoid that issue again.

Not exactly:

I like how it's mentioned that R* usually greenlights ports when the requisite circumstances align, thereby calling into question the matter of whether or not the PC has fulfilled them. ;)

The_Monk

You need to add these games to your Steam Wishlist! Enhanced Steam tells me that you haven't added AofE III Complete yet so hop to it!

There's no way my Wishlist is going to get bigger fellow GAFfer, it already have a lot of games (I think it's up to 14 Titles) that I'm waiting for either a big price drop or they appear in a Humble Bundle. The only thing I want from this fine Community I already have every time I enter this Thread, you know, that relaxed talk without insults or console wars, that's the good stuff.

Oh, and I hope you are felling better today, sir. :)

Problem of course is that EA can do whatever they want with their own games while Valve can't just give you a Steam version without the consent of the publisher.

Indeed, I guess that's the main reason. Oh well, doesn't hurt to dream.

Copons

Aaaaah, fuck it.

Whenever I see people talking about Dark Souls I start like drooling and totally wanting it right now, even if I never played it, even with GFWL, even if I don't know if my computer can actually run it and moreover if I'm really gonna enjoy it as I'm kinda weird when it comes to hard games.

But then again, since I opened my first Steam thread here, with everybody commending it every day, it has always been on the top positions of my wishlist. Then I don't know why I didn't picked it during last Summer Sale, and now, with the sequel coming on Steam, I fucking want to play the first one even if I have a full backlog.
Hopefully next sale it's going to be massively discounted again, because this time I'm totally gonna dip.

Look what you've done, SteamGAF. I kinda hate you sometimes, you know? :D

The_Monk

Look what you've done, SteamGAF. I kinda hate you sometimes, you know? :D

I KNOW these words are not coming from your heart, so it's okay fellow GAFfer.

You should really get it next sale. This year it was about 7.5€ I believe. I had it on PS3 with 30-40 Hours played and never finished it, now I no longer have PS3 and I'm not sure if I can start over to recover so many hours (which is not that time, actually) so I might just jump to Dark Souls II instead. I wonder if there's a slim chance of them releasing for next-gen consoles too.

There's no way my Wishlist is going to get bigger fellow GAFfer, it already have a lot of games (I think it's up to 14 Titles) that I'm waiting for either a big price drop or they appear in a Humble Bundle. The only thing I want from this fine Community I already have every time I enter this Thread, you know, that relaxed talk without insults or console wars, that's the good stuff.

Oh, and I hope you are felling better today, sir. :)

Indeed, I guess that's the main reason. Oh well, doesn't hurt to dream.

Understood :) but don't blame me if someone gifts it to you :p. The seed has been planted!

Much better today thanks :). Still a bit wobbly but at least today I don't feel like I want to throw up and/or fall over anytime I turn my head. Well not as much anyway :). Hope the meds are still helping with the pain.

Oh and i has a question....

If I like FTL [which I do, if you haven't noticed my spam posts about it] will I like S.P.A.Z. ? I somewhat enjoyed the demo when I tried it before but IIRC I thought it might all be a bit too frenetic and overwhelming for me [I prefer games that give me time to think, rather than rely on twitch reflexes and instant decision making]. Perhaps someone who has played the full game could comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom