• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just played the first 30 min of GTA V on MY PS3. Can't wait for the PC version.

My mate was supposed to take his PS3 and a copy of GTAV up with him to work (he does FIFO), but forgot to pop around before he left and so they're both sitting right here. I haven't bothered to load the game up yet... in fact, the original reason I borrowed his PS3 is so I could play The Last of Us, but I haven't done that just yet, either.

The_Monk

Much better today thanks :). Still a bit wobbly but at least today I don't feel like I want to throw up and/or fall over anytime I turn my head. Well not as much anyway :). Hope the meds are still helping with the pain.

Oh and i has a question....

If I like FTL [which I do, if you haven't noticed my spam posts about it] will I like S.P.A.Z. ? I somewhat enjoyed the demo when I tried it before but IIRC I thought it might all be a bit too frenetic and overwhelming for me [I prefer games that give me time to think, rather than rely on twitch reflexes and instant decision making]. Perhaps someone who has played the full game could comment?

Great to know you are feeling better! Anything else, please let me know. :)

SPAZ is indeed a different game from FTL, you need to be faster and there's quests to grab minerals (or something similar, can't remember). At first it can be a little confusing but the tutorial is kind to explain the basics, FTL does not do that, instead you learn with your mistakes. I can see FTL as a much more addicting game than SPAZ. If you don't mind things a little more faster, give it a go, I'm sure it's going to drop to a nicer price later on so it can make your decision easier. ;)

in fact, the original reason I borrowed his PS3 is so I could play The Last of Us, but I haven't done that just yet, either.

You NEED to play that game fellow GAFfer, with a decent set of Headphones, if you can. It's a game people shouldn't miss in my honest opinion.

JaseC

You NEED to play that game fellow GAFfer, with a decent set of Headphones, if you can. It's a game people shouldn't miss in my honest opinion.

A mate and I did play a fair bit of the game back when it released, but then I drank too much and forgot most of what happened, haha. I'll get around to it one day (...I say this a lot).

I haven't had a chance to check yet, but were the achievements for Volgarr working yet?

Seems so.

The-Bean

Other games are on sale as well as DLC, I highly recommend Mafia II.

Yeah, there's no reason not to own Mafia II now. It's one of my favorite games, along with the first. Anybody who's gonna play it needs the tuning mod. For some reason they decided to make the level 3 car tuning exclusive to PS3, this mod unlocks it on PC, allowing for more car customization.

Copons

I KNOW these words are not coming from your heart, so it's okay fellow GAFfer.

You should really get it next sale. This year it was about 7.5€ I believe. I had it on PS3 with 30-40 Hours played and never finished it, now I no longer have PS3 and I'm not sure if I can start over to recover so many hours (which is not that time, actually) so I might just jump to Dark Souls II instead. I wonder if there's a slim chance of them releasing for next-gen consoles too.

Of course they're not coming from my heart, dear Monk! :)

I may be a newcomer here, but still this community gave me so much, both in terrific giveaways and in wonderful suggestions. My Steam library really took a turn for the awesomeness, since I've been around this thread, and I couldn't be more grateful to every single one of this thread users (including javadots, that guy was hilarious!! :D ).

Still, you guys succeed to bring me to hype trains I never even could have imagined before, hence my "hatred". :D

The Cowboy

I meant if I buy the cheapest 2k game. XCOM Enforcer costs £0.75. Will I get Mafia 2 if I buy this?

I'm taking the chance, I simply clicked the main link with the offer (one of the games that isn't DLC blah blah) and selected the cheapest non DLC game (xcom or shattered union) and bought it - this way they can't say "that game wasn't part of the offer" as it was actually on the main offer page.

Remember with the discount code that is available its actually only 60p.

UK code is - GFDSEP20UK.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Don't fall for the trap, wait for the GOTY version!

The game is Steamworks this time so all DLC will have a normal implementation meant for human beings, unlike the GFWL abomination that was Arkham City. That kinda makes a potential GOTY edition less important to wait for.

Deques

The game is Steamworks this time so all DLC will have a normal implementation meant for human beings, unlike the GFWL abomination that was Arkham City. That kinda makes a potential GOTY edition less important to wait for.

Would still be better to wait for GOTY version since it would cost less than the base game + all the dlcs :p

That's great news. Was holding off picking it up before GOTY after the DLC shitshow of the first two.

Would still be better to wait for GOTY version since it would cost less than the base game + all the dlcs :p

Said about every game ever....

If I like FTL [which I do, if you haven't noticed my spam posts about it] will I like S.P.A.Z. ? I somewhat enjoyed the demo when I tried it before but IIRC I thought it might all be a bit too frenetic and overwhelming for me [I prefer games that give me time to think, rather than rely on twitch reflexes and instant decision making]. Perhaps someone who has played the full game could comment?

As The_Monk pointed out, S.P.A.Z. is certainly faster and quite grindy at times, though pleasant enough if you enjoy plenty of pew-pew in your space games.

Have you tried Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space? It's not as polished as FTL, but it might be closer to what you are looking for.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Stallion actually plays his games, remember? So he'll get his money's worth before the GOTY version goes on that kind of discount.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Well you could apply that logic to every game. People need to weigh their excitement against their price breaking point when deciding to buy a game. Super pro people like Stump never buy anything till it's like sub 10$ no matter how long it takes. Not everyone has that kind of iron will though.

Munin

My new laptop's arriving in 2 days, can't wait to be finally get back into the fold after only playing whatever was ported to OSX since 2008. What a weird feeling that I can actually...play all that stuff now. And even partake in newly released games discussion. Feels almost surreal.

Regarding SPAZ I think it's nice but a bit too dull and I hope for an expanded sequel. If not, Starsector (AKA Starfarer) hopefully finally fills that Escape Velocity niche when it comes out.

derExperte

Don't fall for the trap, wait for the GOTY version!

The only Batman DLC I ever touched was the AC Catwoman stuff that I got through preordering. After 40 hours of City I had zero interest in playing more of it. Actually I'm not sure I'm already over that, I certainly won't get Origins for full price, even $25 feels too much considering my level of interest.

JaseC

Buy both! Because they'll probably be separate apps.

The only Batman DLC I ever touched was the AC Catwoman stuff that I got through preordering. After 40 hours of City I had zero interest in playing more of it. Actually I'm not sure I'm already over that, I certainly won't get Origins for full price, even $25 feels too much considering my level of interest.

I wouldn't be pre-purchasing if I could trust WB to release the Deathstroke DLC separately.

Regarding SPAZ I think it's nice but a bit too dull and I hope for an expanded sequel. If not, Starsector (AKA Starfarer) hopefully finally fills that Escape Velocity niche when it comes out.

I'll second Starsector (and it's actually just had an update). It's already something special, although the pace of development is still glacially slow.

EDIT: Crosspost of my comment from the Indie Thread:

It is a little strange to think that both Starsector (or Starfarer as it was then) and Space Pirates & Zombies first became available to buy at roughly the same time - around May 2011, if I remember correctly - and the two games appeared in several previews together. Since then, S.P.A.Z has had its beta release on Impulse; its "official" release on Steam; received a free expansion; appeared in several bundles and numerous sales; and now development on its sequel is well underway. Meanwhile, Starsector has progressed from version 0.33 to 0.54 [now 0.6a]. Fortunately, the developer appears to have a very clear idea of what he is doing and is willing to take as much time as is necessary to produce a deep and satisfying game.

Deques

Well you could apply that logic to every game. People need to weigh their excitement against their price breaking point when deciding to buy a game. Super pro people like Stump never buy anything till it's like sub 10$ no matter how long it takes. Not everyone has that kind of iron will though.

I need to be strong as Stump. This year I have bought so many games at full price. I still haven't played most of them. What sucks most is that many games have been on sale a few times.
I blame you guys and girls

Realised today I have two copies of GRID cause I'm a dolt and bought it twice

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

GRID -- MB-4154E6241D69C12F - Taken by Tellaerin. 31 entrants total.

t1379523684z1.png

Jawmuncher

STACKING YOU JERK.

Just found out when I had quite the game it was staying active in the background still. Just closed it from the task manager. Now I have stacking with 18hours on my profile. I don't even think it's possible to get 18 hours of enjoyment from that game. Oh well at least I solved why my card drops were extremely slow. Still better than my friend who had a similar problem and now has 365 hours on Magicka

Grief.exe

The vast majority of DLC is garbage and not worth wasting your time, or money.

Pick up the base game and maybe one DLC if it turns out to be decent.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Installed the humble bundle app, and just found out it's for android game only, thought it's an app like the steam one...

Yeah basically the app is just for installing the games you got if you bought any of the Humble Bundles that had Android games--because instead of giving you codes for Google Play store, you use this app to activate / sideload your purchases.

Great to know you are feeling better! Anything else, please let me know. :)

SPAZ is indeed a different game from FTL, you need to be faster and there's quests to grab minerals (or something similar, can't remember). At first it can be a little confusing but the tutorial is kind to explain the basics, FTL does not do that, instead you learn with your mistakes. I can see FTL as a much more addicting game than SPAZ. If you don't mind things a little more faster, give it a go, I'm sure it's going to drop to a nicer price later on so it can make your decision easier. ;)

Yes there is something else actually....ADD ALL THOSE DOUBLE DIP GAMES TO YOUR STEAM WISHLIST! :p

Thanks for your thoughts on SPAZ too.

As The_Monk pointed out, S.P.A.Z. is certainly faster and quite grindy at times, though pleasant enough if you enjoy plenty of pew-pew in your space games.

Have you tried Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space? It's not as polished as FTL, but it might be closer to what you are looking for.

Hmm, I think I like the word "pew pew" more than I do the actual pew pew-ing itself! :) Might be a bit too frenetic for me I suspect. I think I'll give the demo another go though; can't hurt right? What's the worst that could happen? Oh well that would be another game added to my backlog :/. Still it's not a backlog...it's a subscription service where I get to keep my games! Thanks Evilore/Stump for helping me to see the light!

Nah, it's still a backlog for me :(.

Never heard of Weird Worlds. *looks at Steam page*

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space is a hybrid roguelike game of space exploration, adventure and starship combat set within a peculiar as-yet-unvisited region of the galaxy known as the Purple Void. Each time you play the game, a new and different "instant space opera" is generated at random; from locations of stars and nebulae to plot-twisting quest events, nothing stays the same.

But unlike other games of its kind that go on for dozens of hours, Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space plays to its conclusion in less than thirty minutes - it's the perfect lunch break game! Features also include a fully animated star map, a unique turn-based movement system, real-time starship battles, award-winning music and sound, and a robust battle simulator. Weird Worlds also has built-in support for community-created mods that can change anything and everything in the game!

Now that's a game I can get behind :D. Love the gameplay video; that really looks like my sort of fun. Thanks very much for the suggestion :).

Steam GAF am best GAF!

Oh and I love your dragon by the way; very nice :).

My new laptop's arriving in 2 days, can't wait to be finally get back into the fold after only playing whatever was ported to OSX since 2008. What a weird feeling that I can actually...play all that stuff now. And even partake in newly released games discussion. Feels almost surreal.

Two more games that I've never heard of! Thanks :).

Oh and have fun with your new laptop; how exciting! :D I've never really played pc games before so in the last three months since I got a gaming capable pc I have felt excited, overwhelmed, daunted and whole host of other emotions. Have fun! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom