• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo

I've read nothing but bad things about that game since it came out, and even a little before it did with those minor controversies. It's a shame that the first major kickstarter crpg to release ended up being so poor. Here's hoping Wasteland 2 doesn't fall victim as well. And dead state...whenever that releases.

I already have a copy thanks to a friend who kickstarted it, so buyers remorse won't be an issue. N though, I feel it can go down a few rungs lower on my backlog if there are so many game breaking bugs in it still to be taken care of.

He could have phrased it better, but he's simply referring to Japanese developers/publishers being slow to notice the significant momentum the PC has gained in recent years. Capcom, for example, has been on Steam for over half a decade but didn't begin discounting its games outside of the larger sale periods until last year and this weekend marks the first time the company has held a publisher sale (with great discounts, no less).

Oh I know and I probably could have phrased my post better too. I just think it's something we should be mindful of as it could easily lead to more unpleasant commentary. I'd rather leave that to a certain indie dev frankly.

Well I did get a thanks via pm. Which was certainly better than the snarky reply to my email from the original person I offered it to.

Good.

After almost 14 hours of playing Shadowrun Returns I'm at the final Battle. However in this final battle not only I'm very low on Medpacks, but I only have 2 of the possible 4 companions alive. This makes the battle impossible.

Now, I could try and reload to a previous section of the game but it's not up to me to when I want to save, it's up to the game since it only saves when you move to a different area. Even if I accept that I wasted the last two hours, my companions might not be the most suitable for those upcoming battles, meaning I would have to rewind even further to choose a different class for my companions but I will always need to stick with one of them so there's only 2 options available.

And now to make all things even worst. Let's say I rewind and re-do all of the above. There's still a chance that after the looooong battle, when you need to do just a little something, the game won't let you because there's a bug! I just found out this, and the bug is "planed to be to be fixed" which means that even if I had to do all of this, I could still get this bug and all of this would be pointless. I read some threads on the Steam Community forum and it seems there are very bugs in the game. I only had one which was fixed by restarting the game and I had to re-do the last 30 minutes... but this?

14 Hours... I need a GAF-Bro-Hug or something.

*fellow GAFfer hug*

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Good thing that the 3DS is a good device. :)

I have yet to open my MH3: U, Lugis Mansion 2 and Animal Crossing game. Worst is that I have both Pokemons pre-ordered.
Oh man, you're in for a treat! Y is excellent so far (haven't even reached the first gym), and the fact that I managed to get a shiny Fennekin only helps making it even better.

The sad thing is that I see myself forgetting about Steam for a while, until I'm done with the game. Hopefully I'll still remember to spend money on games I won't play.

The_Monk

You may have just stopped me from taking up the game once my SS3 run is complete.

Yeah, I was really excited for more "real" Shadowrun, but when it was released and people complained about bugs, and the bugs just don't seem to go away... I'm feeling less and less like buying it.

Please understand, I'm not great at this game, I should be able to plan my moves better, spend more time understand what classes should I choose before going to battle and on what should I level up my own character. But the fact that the game can let you proceed for hours only for you, at the end realize that you can't simply finish the game because you are obviously in disadvantage in a final battle can really bring your morale down when you played for a considered amount.

And like I said, I would even be okay with all of this if (and that's a big "if) I knew I would be able to finish the game without any game-breaking bug. Which may happen, like I said.

I love the Art Style in this game, the Story is interesting and the way how they talk is nice, the narration feels like reading a book, lot's of attention to the details when describing something or someone but right now I feel a bit discouraged because I spent 14 hours with the game. I wish the Saving could be better handled and I wish they didn't make like I would waste so much time.

Funny thing is, in some missions if you let on "important" companion die it's Game Over but if you ask me, if this should happen it should be in the Final Mission because you need everything you can and everyone because there are many enemies, some of them need you to do something special to attack them, otherwise they will never die!

I've read nothing but bad things about that game since it came out, and even a little before it did with those minor controversies. It's a shame that the first major kickstarter crpg to release ended up being so poor. Here's hoping Wasteland 2 doesn't fall victim as well. And dead state...whenever that releases.

Indeed. Now my fear is Wasteland 2. Remember when we were talking and I said I was worried about the length on Wasteland 2? It's because I knew 10-15 Hours was all I could get with Shadowrun but hey, I'm would be okay with it if I didn't had this issues.

Why...

Amagon

Do I buy RE6 now or hold our for a bigger discount during the holiday sales? How often do these RE games go on sale on Steam?

Oh I forgot to say [I would edit my last post but that is acting up for me recently so forgive the almost double post please] that I have finished Call of Juarez [the first one].

Apart from some typical Ubisoft jank [why they employ such an army of QA staff is beyond me since they don't seem to bother to correct a lot of obvious bugs] and too much sneaky action early on [my left pinky finger is just about recovering] I had a blast with the game. I'll pick up and play the sequels when they're uber cheap in a sale although my favourite character is not going to be in them it seems :'(. Oh well.

So I feel rather lost now. I'd best fire up Bad Rats Mark of the Ninja, for the first time, then :).

Oh and CoJ was good tuition for my kb&m skills but plenty more tuition is required!

Tenrius

Do I buy RE6 now or hold our for a bigger discount during the holiday sales? How often do these RE games go on sale on Steam?

Anything lower than 75% is a pretty rare occurrence. Moreover, it's Capcom, so no-one know if we'll see a similar sale again.

Turfster

Please understand, I'm not great at this game, I should be able to plan my moves better, spend more time understand what classes should I choose before going to battle and on what should I level up my own character.
Oh no, I'm just not going based on your words.
Almost everyone that bought it, has told me horror stories or - worse, really - "meh" stories about it., which just makes me so sad.

Grief.exe

Sorry to hear about your troubles Monk. It sounds like the ridiculous save restrictions they implemented caused you problems, and understandably so. They probably implemented that save system for the benefit of tablets.

When Wasteland 2 is released we will play through together and bounce ideas and strategies off of each other.

Controls being bad didn't make Hitman and Splinter Cell what they were though. No one loses from having smoother controls in a game, it's when gameplay is streamlined and features taken out. Bad controls aren't a feature.

I would have thought that much was obvious though.

No, all the other things they stripped out of the RE series made those games what they were and if you can't tell the difference then you're just as bad as the people that were never fans of Hitman, Splinter Cell, etc. but loved their latest iterations. What was once a survival horror series is now a third person shooter.

As for the "bad controls", the tank controls were an important part of the design, as they were designed to work with the camera system. Whether they would work nowadays is a perfectly fine topic for discussion but that's more to do with the homogenisation of genres and game design than anything else. Personally I'd love to see more games in that style, as REmake and RE2 are still two of my favourite games of all time.

The_Monk

Almost everyone that bought it, has told me horror stories or - worse, really - "meh" stories about it., which just makes me so sad.

I just went to check Steam Community Discussions and well, that is not a pretty place.

I would not be upset if it was sooner but finding this when I had what, around 30 minutes more of gameplay until I could say "I finished the game!" just brings my Zen and my Karma down.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Monk. It sounds like the ridiculous save restrictions they implemented caused you problems, and understandably so. They probably implemented that save system for the benefit of tablets.

When Wasteland 2 is released we will play through together and bounce ideas and strategies off of each other.

I really hope Wasteland 2 can deliver and I wonder if it will be kind to low/poor Hardware. Curious about that one.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Well, here's a counter: my husband enjoyed it, though he noted its linearity and is looking forward to the open-world Berlin campaign.

He found the final battle tense but fair, and didn't run into any bugs after finishing it. Sucks that you're having so much trouble with it Monk. :( Hope you manage it somehow.

Turfster

Well, here's a counter: my husband enjoyed it, though he noted its linearity and is looking forward to the open-world Berlin campaign.

Like I said, almost everyone. ;)
I've got a couple of friends that were very happy and had no bugs or problems with the save system, but they were in a minority. I'll probably get it during a sale, but the current price is just too high for the stuff I've heard.

The_Monk

He found the final battle tense but fair, and didn't run into any bugs after finishing it. Sucks that you're having so much trouble with it Monk. :( Hope you manage it somehow.

I mentioned earlier a couple of good things about the game and I still like it. I know many people finished without problems and other had issues where I had none. I was lucky 99% of the time.

Part of me is too proud to give up and uninstall the game but the chances to re-do the lasts hours with a chance of finding a bug, hmm, I don't know... But thanks for the words fellow GAFfer!

With being said the game is nice, look, there's even a GAF reference! The final C stands for Community.

6IsLwaHl.jpg

Not a real GAF reference, just my mind playing tricks

Now I don't know what to play next, this screenshot sums it up, hehe:

AvhATmrl.jpg

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Just as a small counter to the negativity regarding Shadowrun Returns; I'd probably kickstart it again, even having played it and being somewhat disappointed. I think my disappointment mostly comes from having high expectations and (perhaps unfairly) constantly comparing it to the meatier Genesis game.

I'm holding out that the Berlin campaign and the community mod support will be able to hammer it into something with a little more depth and life.

The only bug I got that really got in my way was the one that ate your drone's extra AP, and that was patched out recently.

And that final battle kicked my butt on the first try, but the second time through I did it without losing anyone. You just have to be methodical, use overwatch (a lot), and make sure to use all the buffs and debuffs you have on hand. Oh and prioritize those area of affect/grenadier types. Those guys will ruin your day.

The_Monk

And that final battle kicked my butt on the first try, but the second time through I did it without losing anyone. You just have to be methodical, use overwatch (a lot), and make sure to use all the buffs and debuffs you have on hand. Oh and prioritize those area of affect/grenadier types. Those guys will ruin your day.

Thank you fellow GAFfer, however I only have 50% of my party alive for the final battle, which means me and one more character. Also, no Medpacks, only one and both of my characters are not fully healed.

Like I said I prefer these proper and polite discussions about the good and the bad in the game, I would avoid those threads from Steam discussions to be honest.

Kammie

It's probably your PC, the game ran perfectly for me. There were a lot of things to pin on the game, but performance wasn't one of them.
I doubt it, seen a number of posts mentioning performance. The game would randomly crash when trying to boot it, too.

Anyway, I gave it about an hour and a half, and unfortunately I didn't like it. Just not enjoying the format, presentation, or fighting system. On to something else.

The_Monk

I may try this one more time, already re-did one part and managed to keep on more guy alive so let's see how this goes. I hope I can make it all to the end with a full party and then I won't be having any unexpected bugs. *crossing my fingers*

neoism

at 10 bones its sure to go to 7.75 or less on the Christmas sale.... with BMO coming think I'll wait too.. I watched some videos not even sure I'd enjoy it really I did platinum RE5 though...

hey guyz mark of teh ninjas am gud!!11!!!

I just finished the opening tutorial level and died plenty of times. I can see this is going to get seriously tricky unless I master the mechanics. Fortunately the dev has been enlightened enough to let me re-play this mission before going onto the next one, it seems, so I shall be ploughing into that tomorrow. For now I must away to bed but may well have sweet dreams of playing MOTN tomorrow :). N'night boys and girls.

Momentary

Banned
I drown myself in all these games I'll hardly touch to numb the pain of not having Metal Gear Rising on Steam yet. Hopefully this bad boy gets released before the HD DS Castlevania port thing gets released.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What is that supposed to refer to in game? I know the "joke," but is it just some GAF reference for the sake of a GAF reference? Because if so that's kinda... I don't want to say stupid... but "stupid" for people that don't go on GAF and will be "WTF" over it...

Or maybe I'm not reading the full joke correct.

XShagrath

I picked up Cook Serve Delicious last night and have already put in over 3 hours. Game is stupid amounts of fun. It's pick up & play enough where you can do a day or two in 10 minutes, or you can play it for longer sessions and still not get bored.

Khronico

Today in Teleglitch I survived the horrors of Military Biology Sector with only my knife, one meat trap, and one cangun. I feel like I just went through Hell itself.
1339052150463.png

Purkake4

Banned
Today in Teleglitch I survived the horrors of Military Biology Sector with only my knife, one meat trap, and one cangun. I feel like I just went through Hell itself.
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1339/05/1339052150463.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
There's an achievement for stabbing one of those boss robots to death...

JustinBB7

I'm playing through New Vegas and I'm 26 hours in. Loaded back in just now and I cannot move at all. Don't see a hud, can't open my pip boy, can just move the camera around and I see my character walking away with no clothes on. He just keeps walking and I can't do anything.

Noclip doesn't work, I have some autosaves and quicksaves from before and they don't work either. The only other full save I have is SEVEN hours ago and I can move there. Did I just lose 7 fucking hours because of this buggy piece of shit game? Is there no fix for this? I googled it and can't find anything useful :/

Really don't want to replay 7 hours, I already kept saving over the main save file because 2 days ago I had the bug with infinite loading screen which happens when you have too many save files...

Whooter

With being said the game is nice, look, there's even a GAF reference! The final C stands for Community.

Not a real GAF reference, just my mind playing tricks

Actually it's a "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" reference, but you might have already known that... :)

r3n4ud

I'm playing through New Vegas and I'm 26 hours in. Loaded back in just now and I cannot move at all. Don't see a hud, can't open my pip boy, can just move the camera around and I see my character walking away with no clothes on. He just keeps walking and I can't do anything.

Noclip doesn't work, I have some autosaves and quicksaves from before and they don't work either. The only other full save I have is SEVEN hours ago and I can move there. Did I just lose 7 fucking hours because of this buggy piece of shit game? Is there no fix for this? I googled it and can't find anything useful :/

Really don't want to replay 7 hours, I already kept saving over the main save file because 2 days ago I had the bug with infinite loading screen which happens when you have too many save files...

Oh man :/

You gotta game manager this one after every play session. I know this won't help you now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom