• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

Bought Spelunky this morning on a whim and have been playing the shit out of it. It's a great game but I'm godawful at it.

I'd love to add some of you guys to compare leaderboard stuff with. Steam ID is geflato.

Add ramoisdead. He's always playing that game (he has Spelunky avatar) and is often a top scorer in the dailies.

Megasoum

Banned
I think MS Flight Sim X showed up in the database at some point right? Or did I dream that?

Nothing changed on that lately I imagine?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think MS Flight Sim X showed up in the database at some point right? Or did I dream that?

Nothing changed on that lately I imagine?

Yeah, the sub appeared a couple of months ago and the app itself has been getting regular updates. I'm assuming MS is doing this to atone for yanking MS Flight (the F2P game) out of the blue.

Edit: Actually, a cursory Google search suggests that the sub appeared way back in March, but for some reason this isn't reflected in the history tab. It doesn't matter, regardless, since the game itself is obviously being worked on.

JDHarbs

Out of curiosity what would the odds of a Halo Steam Trilogy still happening be? And if MS starts to see Valve as a competitor could there be a possibility we see them release on Origin instead?

JaseC

Out of curiosity what would the odds of a Halo Steam Trilogy still happening be?

Hard to say. MS made the registry listings private yonks ago and Halo 2's MP was given a stay of execution until early next year.

And if MS starts to see Valve as a competitor could there be a possibility we see them release on Origin instead?

I suppose it's possible that if MS felt sufficiently threatened it could pull the EA card, however Origin has no Steamworks equivalent so making that move would require MS to develop its own GFWL alternative.

Bought RE:Revelations and played a little bit of the campaign. Pretty good so far, one thing I'm surprised with is how painless RE.net is initially. No e-mail verification or personal info, just hit a button to submit system spec info and done.

maneil99

Any point in double dipping on RE:R on PC over PS3? I got it free with my PS3, barely touched it, still going through GTA V. PC version that much better?

JaseC

Bought RE:Revelations and played a little bit of the campaign. Pretty good so far, one thing I'm surprised with is how painless RE.net is initially. No e-mail verification or personal info, just hit a button to submit system spec info and done.

I played through RE6 with a mate on the PS3 earlier in the year and so have no desire to dive into the PC version, but I find myself curious about Revelations.

Sajjaja

Cut my wishlist down by 2/3rds (down to 30), feels good. But now I realized that a lot of my game on my wishlist are $5-$15 titles lol. Steam has spoiled me.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Any point in double dipping on RE:R on PC over PS3? I got it free with my PS3, barely touched it, still going through GTA V. PC version that much better?

Honestly nothing besides some mods and maybe slighty better graphics going by from what I played at my friends house earlier this year.

I played through RE6 with a mate on the PS3 earlier in the year and so have no desire to dive into the PC version, but I find myself curious about Revelations.

It's fun, the controls are very RE 5ish, except for the fact that you can aim and shoot at the same time, and there's a dodge mechanic. Other than that it's typical fare from an RE game other than six.

It has a Bioshock like camera mechanic to take pictures of enemies for damage bonuses. It can also be used to pan the environment for hidden items.

Feels a lot like Code Veronica for some strange reason.

JaseC

Capcom seems to have removed the region lock on Remember Me: the RU store page still states that the game will only run in RU/CIS countries, however this isn't reflected in the registry and it's now giftable.

I just looked into Lost Planet 3 and it too seems to be region-free: Capcom replaced the previous store sub with a new one that lacks the onlyallowrunincountries flag.

JaseC

It's fun, the controls are very RE 5ish, except for the fact that you can aim and shoot at the same time, and there's a dodge mechanic. Other than that it's typical fare from an RE game other than six.

It has a Bioshock like camera mechanic to take pictures of enemies for damage bonuses. It can also be used to pan the environment for hidden items.

Feels a lot like Code Veronica for some strange reason.

Thanks for the impressions. :)

Not that anyone is going to buy that game. Please tell me your not going to buy Lost Planet 3.

I'll wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Not that anyone is going to buy that game. Please tell me your not going to buy Lost Planet 3.

AomJ6xa.gif

Tizoc

LP3 is $59.99 on Steam or $49.99?
Any chance it can actually go on sale for 75%? I can see it going for 66% at most during this sale IMO.

Grief.exe

LP3 is $59.99 on Steam or $49.99?
Any chance it can actually go on sale for 75%? I can see it going for 66% at most during this sale IMO.

I know it hasn't sold, received, or marketed well, but it has only released a month and a half ago.

$49.99 is the base price.

JaseC

Are key sellers selling it now?

From a cursory glance it just seems that ROW copies are being sold, but I'll take one for the team and purchase an RU copy of Remember Me, which also has the "Purchases made in Russia and CIS countries will only be playable in Russia and CIS countries" disclaimer.

catabarez

From a cursory glance it just seems that ROW copies are being sold, but I'll take one for the team and purchase an RU copy of Remember Me, which also has the "Purchases made in Russia and CIS countries will only be playable in Russia and CIS countries" disclaimer.

You are a man among men Jase.

Milamber

I'm taking a break from AC:Brotherhood and loading up Tomb Raider (2013). Wonder if that TressFX issue been fixed already? The game keeps CTD on my old PC during gameplay.

didamangi

7IuNq0r.gif

Not that I'm complaining but I'm curious to know why Capcom decided to remove the region locked on CIS countries right when they're doing a sale like this. But yeah, 3.5 keys for RE6 Complete is pretty great.

Tizoc

I know it hasn't sold, received, or marketed well, but it has only released a month and a half ago.

$49.99 is the base price.

Thanks, so I guess the lowest we can expect it to be is what $20?
I'd get for $15 personally, but LP3 isn't really that bad. It's a slow game, but the voice acting is top notch and I believe Mark from Classic Game Room mentioned that its 'More Aliens than Aliens: CM'.
The combat isn't all that mainly shot and roll/dodge, but the shotgun is satisfying and the bow weapon is awesome if it has explosive ammo on it. I don't know when I'd get more weapons though, but I think I'm 1/3 of the way through my PS3 playthrough.

Addnan

Give us the good news later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom