• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Really don't want to replay 7 hours, I already kept saving over the main save file because 2 days ago I had the bug with infinite loading screen which happens when you have too many save files...

That sucks. New Vegas buggered up all my saves, so that whichever one I loaded, it just crashed the second bullet I fired. That's when I stopped playing.

MRORANGE

Haven't been on Steam for a while,but when I logged into Enhanced Steam...

Hell yes:

J5iLns7.png

Thanks jshackles, this is awesome :)

I'm playing through New Vegas and I'm 26 hours in. Loaded back in just now and I cannot move at all. Don't see a hud, can't open my pip boy, can just move the camera around and I see my character walking away with no clothes on. He just keeps walking and I can't do anything.

Noclip doesn't work, I have some autosaves and quicksaves from before and they don't work either. The only other full save I have is SEVEN hours ago and I can move there. Did I just lose 7 fucking hours because of this buggy piece of shit game? Is there no fix for this? I googled it and can't find anything useful :/

Really don't want to replay 7 hours, I already kept saving over the main save file because 2 days ago I had the bug with infinite loading screen which happens when you have too many save files...

I had mine screw up when I first played it, parts of the world missing and avatar issues. What fixed was deleting the 2 .ini files and letting steam redownload them. Had to redo all the settings but it fixed everything.

Tellaerin

What is that supposed to refer to in game? I know the "joke," but is it just some GAF reference for the sake of a GAF reference? Because if so that's kinda... I don't want to say stupid... but "stupid" for people that don't go on GAF and will be "WTF" over it...

Or maybe I'm not reading the full joke correct.

in′-joke`

n.
a joke that can be understood or appreciated only by a limited group of people.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
in′-joke`

n.
a joke that can be understood or appreciated only by a limited group of people.

Minor "in-joke" without it being a complete "WTF" = good.
Major "in-joke" that is completely "WTF" = bad.

GAF reference = good/bad
GAF reference for the sake of "dat gaf huh, dat gaf (fucking GAF!)" = bad.

But way to try to use a dictionary to avoid my point.

Is someone else having problems with Steam Cloud right now?

My SSD just died, so I reinstalled my old HDD, but nothing is syncing. Even worst, if I look at the properties of any game supporting Steam Cloud, it says "0 bytes stored". It seems that all my saves are lost...

Note: last week (before my SSD crash) I also lost the playtimes of all my games in the Steam client. Now they're back, but they're completely wrong.

Tellaerin

Minor "in-joke" without it being a complete "WTF" = good.
Major "in-joke" that is completely "WTF" = bad.

GAF reference = good/bad
GAF reference for the sake of "dat gaf huh, dat gaf (fucking GAF!)" = bad.

But way to try to use a dictionary to avoid my point.

I wasn't trying to avoid your point. I just don't agree with it.

An in-joke, by definition, is something that's going to perplex people outside of the group it's aimed at. I don't really see it as a big deal here, either. It's not like this is an RPG and suddenly there's this ten-minute long cutscene in the middle of the narrative that makes absolutely no sense to anyone outside of NeoGAF. It's an email. Those who get it will get a chuckle out of it. Those who don't will scratch their heads for a minute or two and then move on.

Joe Molotov

The average person will just think it's a parody of those crazy spam emails you get that don't make any sense and are just full of random words.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
For you guys that have been paying attention to Steam Machine stuff, do you think that the streaming version would be able to put out 1080p? I'm really into the idea of moving my PC back out of the living room and using steaming, but wonder how big a hit visually I'd take.

Colin.

now I need money for watch_dogs all over again cause of my stupid ACIII binge purchase

I gave in to the Pokemon hype train too. Decided against a pre order, seen and heard more about it from friends and bought it anyway. Now I need to wait until next week. Oh well, got it for a decent price, so no harm done if I don't like it.

Salsa

I gave in to the Pokemon hype train too. Decided against a pre order, seen and heard more about it from friends and bought it anyway. Now I need to wait until next week. Oh well, got it for a decent price, so no harm done if I don't like it.

I actually pre-purchased it and was damn ready, it's ass creed that ruined dat watch_dogs

who knows, game is far away still and it keeps looking better to me

MRORANGE

E7NRJF9.jpg

http://media.giphy.com/media/o8KR1NXgd3M9q/giphy.gif[/MG][IMG]http://media.giphy.com/media/o8KR1NXgd3M9q/giphy.gif[/MG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PfuoETX.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iAess9fdI5TAc.gif

Traitorous swine!

I would probably get it if I had a 3DS too, it's the first Pokemon game since Generation II that's actually worth giving a damn about.

Grief.exe

Having some issues with the Widescreen Fixer for RE:R.

It screws up all the cutscenes, the map, and the menus.

EDIT: fixed it. Had to manually set the resolution.

Civ V is very addicting and is really easy to get into. I'm building the Japanese empire in the middle African continent, so far I'm in a war against Germany just because they dennounced me to the other nations for no apparent reason. Also I'm perplexed with the number of achievements the game has, does the expansions add more achievements?

Derrick01

Banned
nah man

also, im gonna give one to a bud who ive been playing Pokemon with since blue/red

im a good friend

im gonna give him my old 3DS XL too

and all I ask in return is the money it costs

It's only fair. I'm not rich enough to hand out freebies of that caliber, I'd ask for at least 75% of what it cost me.

I think I have my allotted budget for the last day of NYCC tomorrow figured out so I'll pick up Cook, Serve, Delicious (and possibly Ducktales) on Steam tomorrow.

Nice. I'm playing my Y version until I hit endgame. I'm indifferent to both Mega Charizards, going with Mega Blastoise anyway.

FYI, Ducktales is excluded from the Capcom sale.

Yeah, but might take the plunge anyway. I already own a PS3 copy (with the bonus pin) and I just want to support the creators. One of the writers of the game, Capcom Unity's Chris Antista, does a pop culture podcast called Lasertime and I'm a fan. Was nice getting to talk to him this weekend.

Grief.exe

Wait, RE:R doesn't support wide screen?

Lol, seriously no widescreen for RE: R? What the fuck? How does the 360 version work exactly?

Its just the FOV fixer. Widescreen works fine.

Just got done playing a couple hours of raid mode with my friend. It was fun, though there were some significant desync issues a couple of times.

Need to play through the campaign to unlock more levels apparently.

Its just the FOV fixer. Widescreen works fine.

Just got done playing a couple hours of raid mode with my friend. It was fun, though there were some significant desync issues a couple of times.

Need to play through the campaign to unlock more levels apparently.
What's the default FOV? 75?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, but might take the plunge anyway. I already own a PS3 copy (with the bonus pin) and I just want to support the creators. One of the writers of the game, Capcom Unity's Chris Antista, does a pop culture podcast called Lasertime and I'm a fan. Was nice getting to talk to him this weekend.

Ah, fair enough!

Why in the hell is Viscera Cleanup Detail still not yet up on Steam even though its been greenlit? Meanwhile, their Shadow Warrior stage is already there.

Pre-ordered the game months ago and voted it on greenlight too.

I'd guess the developers are waiting until there's enough content to justify a presence on the store. For anybody else interested, you can still pre-order the game for $5 via the official site and there are alpha builds you can download for free if you're unsure.

Lingitiz

Bought Spelunky this morning on a whim and have been playing the shit out of it. It's a great game but I'm godawful at it.

I'd love to add some of you guys to compare leaderboard stuff with. Steam ID is geflato.

I think its 60 actually.

Widescreen fixer works perfectly to fix this though, I now have it up to 90.
Just make sure to configure your resolution manually, for some reason it was, obviously, detecting a 4:3 display.
60 huh...reminds me of Dead Space 1, painful to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom