• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

How do they compare to those in Lego Batman? :p

Well I'll let you judge for yourself
6C1E4804A338A19338D5E1BD382D013F825C4808

I think the heavily compressed jpg's that Steam takes actually makes this look better than what it actually looks like. That's 5 mins in and the game takes over camera control and shows you that, that very low res wall.

I've noticed the same thing with the textures in RE:R.

I could excuse Revelations due to being a 3DS game but 6 is just comical.

Wok

So seeing as I paid Rash via Paypal some days ago and don't really know Mann Co key market... I just go buy normal keys on the market and make an exchange ? But what about refined metal ? Some games are worth 8 keys 1 ref for example, how do I obtain refined metal ? There doesn't seem to be any sold on the market.

Is it really better to buy via keys/metal than paypal ? You said in case of a scam you can ask for a "rewind" of the transaction to steam ?

It is safer to stay in the Steam realm, which is the Steam market and the Steam trading system. One key is 6 ref, and you get ref by merging two random weapons in TF2.

By the ways, does Rash have a new website?

Just got one million Lums in Rayman Legends.

Good job, I am still sitting at 850 kilo-lums

BorntoPlay

I took Commander:Conquest of the Americas: Colonial Navy from Zihark without knowing it was a DLC and i dont have the base game..... So here take it and make sure you take the time to thank Zihark...=)

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Commander:Conquest of the Americas: Colonial Navy DLC -- MB-B590F181AE35B5B2 - Taken by Motorbreath

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh man the camera settings all set to 15 (the max) in the RE6 main menu make a fantastic difference. Don't even bother testing out half-steps when adjusting it.

I took the Commander:Conquest of the Americas: Colonial Navy DLC key from BorntoPlay who took it from Zihark without realizing I also dont have the base game... so I am reposting the key... make sure you thank Zihark and BorntoPlay :)

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Commander:Conquest of the Americas: Colonial Navy DLC -- MB-B590F181AE35B5B2

Derrick01

Banned
Is dead rising 2 gfwl?

Man they really should've ported 1 to the pc, I didn't even finish it on my 360, and it's... dead.

Yup. I can tell because I haven't been able to play it for months because GFWL can't recognize my password, even when I change it to something without symbols. Such a piece of shit system.

So Deadly Premonition releases soon on Steam, I've heard a lot of things about the game like "so bad it's good", but can somebody tell me what makes this game special, like, what are the things that make the game click or not in your opinion ?
I'd usually just go and watch some gameplay videos to make my own opinion but it doesn't look like the kind of game that you can evaluate just by watching a vid.

Milamber

So Deadly Premonition releases soon on Steam, I've heard a lot of things about the game like "so bad it's good", but can somebody tell me what makes this game special, like, what are the things that make the game click or not in your opinion ?
I'd usually just go and watch some gameplay videos to make my own opinion but it doesn't look like the kind of game that you can evaluate just by watching a vid.

Mostly, for me, it's the nostalgic dream of playing a Twin Peaks-a-like game.

Atruvius

I've watched the two Giant Bomb endurance runs and the good parts are the characters and the story. Francis York Morgans monologues about old movies are actually pretty interesting and fun. The game has a real Twin Peaksy vibe to it, like there's something really odd going on in the background. It even has same kind of music as Twin Peaks.

I would recommend watching the GB Endurance runs.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yup. I can tell because I haven't been able to play it for months because GFWL can't recognize my password, even when I change it to something without symbols. Such a piece of shit system.

The issue is two-factor auth. Generate a per-application password at account.live.com and it'll work

zkylon

zkylewd

it's a very weird game, in that it has one of the most charming protagonists in the history of gaming, who just talks about everything and anything and is really likable while also being kind of a douchebag in the best possible way, but then has the absolute most minute-to-minute mundane gameplay in the suda51 fashion

then there's a lot of humor and weirdness taken from the devs' masterful self-awareness and a lot of actually pretty cool little systems like character schedules

in the end this game is about story and characters more than anything, and you get a twin peaks-like affair that's really effective at winning you over if you give in to its utterly wonderful weirdness

it's the best thing ever

just don't expect dark souls quality gameplay and be willing to forgive more than you normally would

or watch supergreatfriend's let's play: http://lparchive.org/Deadly-Premonition/

it's so good it moved me to tears

I'm surprised the store glitch still not been fixed by Valve, people are selling a lot of ROW gifts at RU price.

Just bought RE6 and Revelations for 3 TF2 keys each from some russian.

The_Monk

Yt2pqxwl.jpg

:)

That is the final credits screenshot I took from Shadowrun Returns. I finally beat it. I had to re-do the last hours of the game, this time I managed to get all my members alive for the final boss part and it was very easy in the end.

It seems I had more than one bug yesterday in the end, but I only noticed that now, because the game does something different if you do not have all members alive. However, that event never happened on that time.

Either way the game was really fun to play. Great art style, loved the setting, the city and the rain. The characters are interesting and I like how the story is written. Details to what someone is saying or how they react is always a nice touch.

I believe there are some random/pointless skills. I started to play my game and I leveled up all my Charisma because I wanted a polite character instead of a violent one. It was interesting to see, actually. (I always go for these types of skills which is why I want to play Fallout NV + all DLC soon but right now I have no proper hardware for that so the game will remain in my Backlog...) For my main gun during fights I went always with the Shotgun, very satisfying to play with. Magic and anything similar is less fun in my opinion.

I really hope more people can play the game. I had two bugs during the 15-16 Hours I played:

- One bug did not let me proceed in a quest because I needed some character to let me talk to her but the "talk" event never triggered. I had to restart the mission, repeat the battle and then it went all okay. Took me 30-40 Minutes to replay this.

- At the very end, already mentioned early in this thread so I won't repeat myself. Lost at least 2 hours. Decided to go for it since I was so close even knowing that a bug could happen. I was lucky this time.

I know some people played the game without a single issue, others -based on the Steam Discussion thread- had several game-breaking bugs. I wasn't the most lucky player but I was also not one with a very bad luck to be fair. I'm just glad I played this game from start to finish. I really loved the turn based part since I like games with this sort of combat.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
how does this work?

I buy X amount of keys on the market and then trade him for them?

like revelations is like 7 dollars this way

Select what you want, choose your payment method (he occasionally stops accepting PayPal), and generate a permalink to give to him.

Region locking is optional, could be an oversight by the publisher or they don't care.

Umm what? So it is not being bought with glitch similar to how people buy a tradeable 4 pack?

So, the games are still being purchased at normal russian store except it works like ROW and doesn't have RU tag even when the page have "RU and CIS countries" warning?

derExperte

Umm what? So it is not being bought with glitch similar to how people buy a tradeable 4 pack?

So, the games are still being purchased at normal russian store except it works like ROW and doesn't have RU tag even when the page have "RU and CIS countries" warning?

Yeah, that tag doesn't mean a lot, it totally depends on the game what you get and how it's called. Another strange example: Divinity Dragon Commander RU has a region lock, can't play it anywhere else. BUT Divinity Dragon Commander Imperial Edition has no lock at all. It's a different sub and the publisher obviously forgot to put it in.

Turfster

Just finished Minerva's Den...

The ugly:
  • The crashes - I'm running Windows 8.1 (admittedly before general release, so on my head be it) and found the game would crash every couple of minutes. It wasn't until I configured the launch option -dx9 was I able to actually play the game. From what I understand other Windows 7 and Windows 8 x64 users have this same issue.
Yep. Nothing to do with 8.1, it's just shitty code.

Gamersgate has a 50% off deal on PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate

thought I would share how to buy a tradeable 4 pack, you know, for science.

1. Open steam store with your account logged in.
2. Add any giftable games, go to your cart and click purchase as a gift.
3. Now, open a 2nd tab in your browser and add the 4 pack, go to cart then remove the first game you added before.
4. Proceed to check out from the 1st tab and bam, you got yourself a tradeable 4 pack.

Grief.exe

Yt2pqxwl.jpg

:)

That is the final credits screenshot I took from Shadowrun Returns. I finally beat it. I had to re-do the last hours of the game, this time I managed to get all my members alive for the final boss part and it was very easy in the end.

Monk's face right now! Congrats!

Z0qc2.gif

kamspy

Are we expecting Street Fighter to be the franchise of the day today?

I want to buy Dead Rising 2 (or OTR), but if they're not going to be further discounted I'd like to pick up RE6 while it's cheap.

Enco

What's the best survival game out there?

Been looking for a game with a lot of depth and having a hard time.

Most roguelikes are unplayable to me. Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead has a perfect concept but damn it's hard to play and get into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom