• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaeVictis

Maybe someone already mentioned this in some other thread, but it helps to repeat it here as well...

There is currently a Mafia 2 / Civ 5 give-away going on if you vote in the Golden Joysticks Awards. You need a GreenManGaming account to receive your free Steam key once you have cast your votes (give it 24 hours to confirm your votes first).

I voted yesterday and just now received my Civ 5 key. You can choose between Mafia 2 or Civilization 5.

Maybe someone already mentioned this in some other thread, but it helps to repeat it here as well...

There is currently a Mafia 2 / Civ 5 give-away going on if you vote in the Golden Joysticks Awards. You need a GreenManGaming account to receive your free Steam key once you have cast your votes (give it 24 hours to confirm your votes first).

I voted yesterday and just now received my Civ 5 key. You can choose between Mafia 2 or Civilization 5.

I voted four days ago and it still says I did not vote.. so annoying. :(

Grief.exe

What about Lost Planet?
The third one is more recent.

The only reason I don't think that will happen, is the rest of the LP games are already on a pretty steep discount. LP3 has a pretty good discount as well, despite only being available for about a month and a half.

Meanwhile, the Dead Rising games don't really have a great discount. Which would fit the precedent set by Capcom's other franchises during this sale.

Anything could happen, just stating the most likely scenario considering the evidence.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What about Lost Planet?
The third one is more recent.

Please no. LP1-2 are $5-15ish.

Let me have I'VE COVERED WARS, YA KNOW: OtR for sub-$10 Capcom, plz. ;_;

Whoops, meant to edit this in. Oh well, #swag?

The_Monk

Monk's face right now! Congrats!

Z0qc2.gif

Haha, thank you kind Grief, feels good after some hours to finally see the ending, making my own choice for what destiny should a certain someone have and see the credits rolling.

Going to be out for a couple of hours, let's see what the Daily will be later on. See you soon fellow GAFfers.

Turfster

I'm not saying I want Lost Planet (frankly, all the Capcom franchises leave me cold), I was just saying it might be an option =p
I'm seeing Dead Rising more of a halloween sale kind of title, and since that's not too far in the future and Capcom seems to have learned how to sale, they might have delayed DR a couple of weeks in favor of one of their other franchises.

fantomena

I'm not saying I want Lost Planet (frankly, all the Capcom franchises leave me cold), I was just saying it might be an option =p
I'm seeing Dead Rising more of a halloween sale kind of title, and since that's not too far in the future and Capcom seems to have learned how to sale, they might have delayed DR a couple of weeks in favor of one of their other franchises.

Isn't RE franchise also a Halloween sale kind of title?

So, The Stanley Parable demo has a fake achievement. It was very cool but I think it lowered my average completion rate from 39% to 38% T_T

That's strange, it popped up for me and showed 1 of 1 plus the time when the achievement was unlocked. But now the stat page looks like yours.

I was checking some of my friends profiles (who played the demo) and only one of them actually had it.

Looks like he is very proud about it :lol

9ixJIIU.jpg

What is the completion rate based off of?

It only counts games you have played and that have Steam Achievements.

But it looks like it actually counts some demos and F2P games too.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The Stanley Parable Demo achievement gets taken away shortly after you earn it. You have to kill the game process within a few moments or else you'll lose the achievement.

Anteater

I hope there's a discount on Nightmare in North Point for sleeping dogs in halloween, I'm still playing this game for some strange reason even though I've beaten it once on console.

I asked this a yesterday, but no one responded to it. Can I play DMC4 without ever playing other games in the franchise? I've been itching for some action game like it for a while.

Anteater

I asked this a yesterday, but no one responded to it. Can I play DMC4 without ever playing other games in the franchise? I've been itching for some action game like it for a while.

Yeah, the story is pretty unimportant, there's a learning curve with all the games but dmc4 is still pretty accessible compared to 3, and Nero is easier to use than Dante, while you still have Dante with the style/weapon changing if you're into that.

Grief.exe

Papers Please on daily!? Too bad the sale coincides with the publisher weekend, I hope it sees the attention it deserves.

Which DR to buy?

If you haven't played the original DR2, I don't see the reason to spend the extra money on OTR.

I had a blast playing through DR2 with my friend in co-op mode. I don't really think it would have been as fun in single player.

I've never played OTR, so my experience is limited.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Which DR to buy?

OTR is better than 2.

2 was the first one released. It has the original story with a new character, Chuck Greene.

2:OTR was a re-telling of 2 with a new/old main character. They brought back Frank, from Dead Rising 1. The game, however, is pretty much the same, except it's Frank doing everything as opposed to Chuck.

OTR also has a brand new endless mode without a time limit or a hunger meter, so it has a better sandbox experience.

I, personally, bought both because I wanted to know what happened to Chuck (after playing Case Zero on the 360). But it's basically the same game, and OTR has an extra mode/rebalanced content. I only played the Original Dead Rising 2 though, I didn't play OTR yet.

Crawl

OTR is better than 2.

2 was the first one released. It has the original story with a new character, Chuck Greene.

2:OTR was a re-telling of 2 with a new/old main character. They brought back Frank, from Dead Rising 1. The game, however, is pretty much the same, except it's Frank doing everything as opposed to Chuck.

OTR also has a brand new endless mode without a time limit or a hunger meter, so it has a better sandbox experience.

I, personally, bought both because I wanted to know what happened to Chuck (after playing Case Zero on the 360). But it's basically the same game, and OTR has an extra mode/rebalanced content.

OTR it is then.

XShagrath

Yeah, that was a copypaste fuckup ^^;;
Still, 5,39€ for Papers please is a good price.
If you're interested, I'd get it.

It's been on my wishlist for a while now, but is it going to fit in the same vein as CSD? It seems like somewhat the same type of game. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though.

Zihark

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Gorky 17 -- MB-5D74DEAE90509AE1 - Taken by Spawn
Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-8BB2BE703C05F701 - Taken by Iron Badger
Knights of Pen and Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-D754DE39482475F4 - Taken by Kifimbo
Satazius -- MB-A7C7CC130809FFB8 - Taken by fantomena
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-E6DD633F9FC0BB3A - Taken by Anteater[/QUOTE]

Clawww

Yup.

The story is pure cheeseballs and you can pretty much disregard it, so you won't really be out of the loop in that aspect.

The gameplay is extremely solid, though. Once you get the hang of the mechanics the game is really, really fun...that's the main thing it has going for it, but it's extremely good. If you can dig into it, it's deeper than anything else out there, but even just doing basic stuff is rewarding and cool.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
OTR it is then.

If you have no attachment to the series, OTR offers the most (very little rebalanced gameplay, new area on the mall and an extra endless mode).

From the small amount of knowledge I have on OTR (as I didn't play it), they made Frank West some sort of douche: It's a run down version of himself, old and fat.

Chuck Greene, on the other hand, has a daughter he cares about and is mixed up in some bad things.

Mechanically, however, OTR is still a better game. COOP even allows Chuck to come help Frank (on Original Dead Rising 2, coop was just two of the same character).

In the end, most of those differences don't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom