• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

So I guess this means no Lost Planet day?
It says until the 14th, but that's Monday. It will end at 1pm Monday, right? Right?
Bummer :(

Anteater

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Thanks for Ether Vapor! :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah this, is Off the record worth the extra 2.50?

Which DR to buy?

Did you play the first one? Then OtR easily.

Frank > WhateverthefuckhisnameisthatI'mforgettingCharles?Charley?

But really, just get the Complete Pack for $9.99:

Includes: Dead Rising® 2, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, (so both -Me) Dead Rising 2: Off the Record BBQ Chef Skills Pack, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record COSPLAY Skills Pack, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Cyborg Skills Pack, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record Firefighter Skills Pack

Shane

I picked up Deathsmiles on a whim when it released a few years ago and fell in love with Cave shooters.

Is there anything like this on Steam?

fantomena

Since Papers, Please, Guacamelee and Spelunky releases the same day, I wonder if we will get a deal on Spelunky and Guacamelee very soon?

TheSeks

But arent these games gonna shut down when GFWL goes under in a few months? Or do they work fine with no gfwl connection?

Outside of the online, they'll be fine to play offline. The major worry is the DRM itself than the (possibly dead anyway) online.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Outside of the online, they'll be fine to play offline. The major worry is the DRM itself than the (possibly dead anyway) online.

So what is the worry with the drm shutting down? I mean if single player can be played fine without a gfwl connection then it shouldnt matter when the service shuts down right?

Wok

That's strange, it popped up for me and showed 1 of 1 plus the time when the achievement was unlocked. But now the stat page looks like yours.

Yeah, so annoying.

However, it is exactly the spirit of the Stanley Parable: "hey, look, you got an achievement for bringing this cup of coffee and pouring it in the basket, good job, get this useless achievement", and then, you get no achievement, because this game is art, it only has an achievement to play with the trope. So good.

TheSeks

So what is the worry with the drm shutting down? I mean if single player can be played fine without a gfwl connection then it shouldnt matter when the service shuts down right?

Right. But installing it in the future is the worry.

I picked up Dark Void Zero, seems like the only thing worth only that Capcom has put out on Steam (other than Bionic Commando Rearmed, which I already have).

I played this when it came out on DS and it was neat, will be nice to redo it some time with achievements.

TheSeks

Is Dead Rising 2 worth getting?

Do you like being a cross-dressing 40-year-old man that's covered wars, ya know!? and killing zombies wearing Servbot masks with a samurai sword?

No?

Then you hate fun.

Grief.exe

Some more screenshots from Bioshock 2. Downsampled from 1440p with Bicubic Sharper

i9wQtsnX5ZOVA.png

iMrFtkAttdvgA.png

io7xts3FWCx5Q.png

Sini

Steam client shows that I have played games many times more than I actually have.
For example games that I have played under a hour now show 6 hours, games I've played for 6 hours are now 12 hours.

What is happening?
Community still shows correct times.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Steam client shows that I have played games many times more than I actually have.
For example games that I have played under a hour now show 6 hours, games I've played for 6 hours are now 12 hours.

What is happening?
Community still shows correct times.

There's been a glitch recently. Happening to many people. Your data is safe.

Lingitiz

Some more screenshots from Bioshock 2. Downsampled from 1440p with Bicubic Sharper

I think I might finally play this game (or Minerva's Den at least). We're playing the first Bioshock for a College seminar, but I don't really feel like going through it again since I've played it so many times. B2 should at least be a nice point of conversation.

Is Dead Rising 2 worth getting?

Come on, it's only $5

I played through it twice on both the 360 and PC. Capcom's pretty good with PC ports I've ran all their games well on an older system. Except for OTR that one needs a bit of fiddling with settings and definitely needed better optimization.

A complete run through is 8 hours plus you'll likely do another run through it.

Razorskin

----- ------
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-09229E3C44A913CC
Bionic Commando: Rearmed #2 -- MB-CFBB8187121ACAA5
Bionic Commando: Rearmed #4 -- MB-A2CE13BE89DA300A
Bionic Commando: Rearmed #3 -- MB-BE44CE6FB186DEF6

t1381698014z1.png

Good luck everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom