• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I would be surprised if you want to play DR2 more than once.

Yes. I bought both because I wanted Chuck Greene's Story, but I bought OTR because I wanted access to the Sandbox mode.

I didn't install OTR yet for the sandbox mode, but I believe you need to finish the game anyway.

I did finish Dead Rising 2 and it's still a pretty good Dead Rising game. I'll repeat myself, but if you don't care about the story, OTR is the way to go.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Isn't the game designed to be played more than once if you want to rescue everyone?

Doesn't mean you'll want to.

Also, it's much easier to rescue people in Dead Rising 2. Out of the people I found, nobody died. I only let a group die because they wanted me to win a poker hand, and fuck playing boring video game poker.

Grief.exe

Is there any way to take screenshots I have taken through a 3rd party program and upload them through Steam?

The reason being is I am downsampling, so I take the screenshot through Afterburner, edit it in photoshop, and then I'm ready to upload.

Isn't the game designed to be played more than once if you want to rescue everyone or get the good ending or something?

Like Drizzle said, you can replay the game, but you probably won't want to.

Very subjective opinion there though.

I had fun with the game, but I really have no desire to ever play it again.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Oh Capcpom, should have been Remember Me for 75% off... oh well, guess I'll buy Papers, Please then!

Grief.exe

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=119331255

Basically, you can replace existing Steam-screenshots with your own, and then upload them.

Worked great! And was actually very easy to implement once you have the system all set up in Photoshop.

Rename Pictures > Save to Screenshots > Resize pictures to 200x125 > Save to Thumbnails

The new pictures also have to be in .jpg format, so have to convert them from .png. Very easy to do while saving.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185779832

Parsnip

Glory to Arstotzka!
Bought Papers, Please with card moneys.

screenshots
I've been taking Dark Souls screenshots simultaneously with Steam and with dsfix, and then just replaced the stuff on the Steam screenshot folder (and thumbnails) with the hudless shots from dsfix.

I also added a bunch of older xfire screenshots to Steam through the method described in the Binding of Isaac guide. Even went so far as to fake the dates for the shots, so now I think I have screenshots on Steam that appear to have been taken before Steam screenshots even existed. :p

Just (finally) finished my Dishonored stealth run. Fantastic game, but I didn't realise I'd actually killed someone in one of the middle missions :(. Anyway, I'm going to give it a couple of months, then go for a High Chaos run, leaving no one alive...

Echoplx

Just a heads up on Dark Void Zero for people who are worried about Securom, the developer posted on the Steam forums saying that they increased the activation limit from 5 to 20, so it shouldn't ever be a problem.

It is also very easy to revoke an activation, you just need to add "/revoke" to the games launch options in steam and run it, only takes a second.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I've had Dead Rising 2: OTR on my wishlist for months. When I get home tonight, it shall finally be mine.

Now back to Pokemon.

Echoplx

Doesn't mention it on PC Gaming Wiki, but that doesn't necessarily prove it doesn't exist

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_3rd_Party_DRM_on_Steam#SecuROM

Are you sure? Pcgamingwiki doesn't list it as having it either.

The developer specifically mentioned the limit was raised for it, so I assume it is actually there.

Hi everyone, I know that it's taken some time to get this done but the DRM hardware activations limit has been raised from 5 to 20 on this title along with Dark Void, Age of Booty, and FLOCK!. My apologies that we couldn't get this done for the Steam sale, but sometimes these things take a little time. The instructions at the top of this thread should still be used, but hopefully this raised limit makes it a little bit easier to simply enjoy the game.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/45730/discussions/0/828925216424478247/#c846960628260380305

Colin.

Went for the Dead Rising complete pack, since I was able to get it rather cheap. Think I would play OTR first, so I don't have to deal with any timer. Think there is mods for 2 to freeze the timer though.

Went for the Dead Rising complete pack, since I was able to get it rather cheap. Think I would play OTR first, so I don't have to deal with any timer. Think there is mods for 2 to freeze the timer though.

Oh shit, OTR doesn't have a timer? I may pick it up. 2 was a lot of fun but I HAVE to explore everywhere so i always missed timer deadlines and people died :(

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
OTR absolutely has a timer. I stopped playing the game after my second or third timer miscalculation.

OTR does have a sandbox mode though, if all you wanna do is slice some zombie heads.

OTR absolutely has a timer. I stopped playing the game after my second or third timer miscalculation.

OTR does have a sandbox mode though, if all you wanna do is slice some zombie heads.

If DR3 doesnt have a timer I am going to have to get an xbone.

from wikipedia:

According to developers, the game can render three times as many zombies on-screen at once as its predecessor.[7] Unlike the first two games in the series, Dead Rising 3 does not feature a time limit.[8] Players will also be allowed to save their progress anywhere, as opposed to limiting saves to bathrooms.[8] The game will include a "Nightmare Mode" for those who prefer the traditional time limit and save options.[9] The game will not have load times.[10]

CAPCOM LISTENS!

Echoplx

Has Capcom said something about the GFWL shutdown?

It would be a lot easier to buy their games if we knew they will remove GFWL.

I'm surprised people aren't more upset about this, promoting a bunch of games that at worst may not be functional in a year, or at best have advertised features/content (like multiplayer) removed is pretty shady imo.

Grief.exe

If you want GFWL removed from SSF4: AE they are forcing you to upgrade to SSF4: Ultra.

You are also getting new characters, maps, and rebalances so it isn't a total wash.

I'm surprised people aren't more upset about this, promoting a bunch of games that at worst may not be functional in a year, or at best have advertised features/content removed (like multiplayer) is pretty shady imo.

I don't think enough people know the information, or care to cause an uproar.

Your games should still function using offline profile, xliveless or a crack, so it shouldn't be an issue. Worst case scenario, you lose access to multiplayer.

Dambrosi

Banned
So.

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (the non-GFWL version, as in "not Colonies") or Dark Void & Bionic Commando - which should I buy, /v/NeoGAF?

Razorskin

----- ------
Reminder: 30 minutes left, you can enter all 4 if you wish.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-09229E3C44A913CC - Taken by jakershaker. 48 entrants total.
Bionic Commando: Rearmed #2 -- MB-CFBB8187121ACAA5 - Taken by Cth. 48 entrants total.
Bionic Commando: Rearmed #4 -- MB-A2CE13BE89DA300A - Taken by Cru. 59 entrants total.
Bionic Commando: Rearmed #3 -- MB-BE44CE6FB186DEF6 - Taken by pettson3816. 55 entrants total.

t1381698014z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom