• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

So.

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (the non-GFWL version, as in "not Colonies") or Dark Void & Bionic Commando - which should I buy, /v/NeoGAF?

I will repost this for people

PSA: there are two versions of LP1 available on Steam.

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition is Steamworks
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition is GFWL

The former is $3.49 right now, the latter is $5.

iQy0CX1aqq8KL.gif

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
If DR3 doesnt have a timer I am going to have to get an xbone.

from wikipedia:

According to developers, the game can render three times as many zombies on-screen at once as its predecessor.[7] Unlike the first two games in the series, Dead Rising 3 does not feature a time limit.[8] Players will also be allowed to save their progress anywhere, as opposed to limiting saves to bathrooms.[8] The game will include a "Nightmare Mode" for those who prefer the traditional time limit and save options.[9] The game will not have load times.[10]

CAPCOM LISTENS!

To each their own. I personally love the timer and how based on what you did with that time with certain objectives you got different endings. Plus it wasn't like the timer was forcing you to do the objectives. You could easily spin one playthrough slaying nothing but zombies and bosses and leveling up and then another playthrough with your now leveled up character trying to get one of the other many endings. It's the beauty of Dead Rising's newgame+ timesystem that I love.

It was also easy as shit to get the S endings on your first try.

jediyoshi

I'm surprised people aren't more upset about this, promoting a bunch of games that at worst may not be functional in a year, or at best have advertised features/content (like multiplayer) removed is pretty shady imo.

Unless you're holding onto your bought copy during the sale until after the shutdown, they'll still be functional.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering

So that only applies to having more than 1 game in 1 message?

Send four PM's to modbot. Because, yes, you'll be blocked from entering if you add more than one game to the PM. It's stated in the directions, dude.

poopninjamvc3mk

If you want GFWL removed from SSF4: AE they are forcing you to upgrade to SSF4: Ultra.

Jesus Capcom, at least try not to be greedy once.

Dude it's $15 for the expansion and you're getting a rebalanced game, 5 new characters, and 6 new stages. Also along with new modes too.

Also nobody will play vanilla AE after Ultra comes out on neither console or pc so what's the problem?

Echoplx

You are also getting new characters, maps, and rebalances so it isn't a total wash.

I don't think enough people know the information, or care to cause an uproar.

Your games should still function using offline profile, xliveless or a crack, so it shouldn't be an issue. Worst case scenario, you lose access to multiplayer.

In theory yes but I've personally had issues with offline mode in gfwl, there's no guarantee that it will be a viable solution for everyone.

xliveless and cracks aren't exactly common knowledge and I imagine a substantial amount of people won't even know of these alternatives.

PS I'm not even sure if xliveless works with anything other than GTA and Red Faction, from my own testing it doesn't.

Unless you're holding onto your bought copy during the sale until after the shutdown, they'll still be functional.

So what about the people who don't activate the games before then? Too bad? It's even worse in that scenario.

jediyoshi

So what about the people who don't activate the games before then? Too bad? It's even worse in that scenario.

It's worse in the case that they'll still work? And who are these people sitting on already bought games they know are going to at worst be unactivatable until the shutdown?

Grief.exe

PS I'm not even sure if xliveless works with anything other than GTA and Red Faction, from my own testing it doesn't.

I believe its the mod used for Fallout 3 as well. I was just stating it as a possible option for certain releases.

Between Xliveless, offline mode, cracks, and developer patches, GFWL games should still function.

The real issue is games like Gears of War, Halo 2, Viva Pinata, and others that don't exist anywhere else. I would love to see all 3 of those titles show up on Steam.

Echoplx

It's worse in the case that they'll still work?
Don't you have to activate a game before you can even use offline mode? I haven't used gfwl in a while so apologies if my information is wrong.
And who are these people sitting on already bought games they know are going to at worst be unactivatable until the shutdown?
I admit it's not very likely but it is a possibility, not everyone will be aware of gfwls impending death. Has it even been officially confirmed by MS yet? I remember they tried to get rid of any information relating to it and declined to comment.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
Yt2pqxwl.jpg

:)

That is the final credits screenshot I took from Shadowrun Returns. I finally beat it. I had to re-do the last hours of the game, this time I managed to get all my members alive for the final boss part and it was very easy in the end.

Either way the game was really fun to play. Great art style, loved the setting, the city and the rain. The characters are interesting and I like how the story is written. Details to what someone is saying or how they react is always a nice touch.

I believe there are some random/pointless skills. I started to play my game and I leveled up all my Charisma because I wanted a polite character instead of a violent one. It was interesting to see, actually. (I always go for these types of skills which is why I want to play Fallout NV + all DLC soon but right now I have no proper hardware for that so the game will remain in my Backlog...) For my main gun during fights I went always with the Shotgun, very satisfying to play with. Magic and anything similar is less fun in my opinion.

I really loved the turn based part since I like games with this sort of combat.

Early in this thread I mentioned how much I enjoy Planescape: Torment. If you haven't played it yet, and based on what you liked in Shadowrun, I think you would love the game.

The setting, the art style, the characters, the details, and the story. Oh, the story. :) Since you mentioned Charisma, in Torment, your main stat in the game should be Charisma and will provide you with the greatest choice of options.

If you haven't played it, I believe you are doing yourself a disservice. Don't let the age of the game deter you from it. Pick it up from GOG and treat yourself.

Edit: Would any kind Gaffer mind inviting me to the Steam group? Additionally GAF friend requests as well. (As of now, I don't qualify for the beta) Thanks.

Profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198034426810/

Steam username: jameretief2005

Kifimbo

Changed a lot of release dates, and added these games.

10/10/2013 - SNOW - Sports - Poppermost Productions/Poppermost Productions - $XX.XX
10/10/2013 - Startopia - Simulation - Square Enix/Mucky Foot Productions - $XX.XX
2014 - Waves: Arena Tactics - Action - Squid In A Box/Squid In A Box - $XX.XX
2015 - SOMA - Horror - Frictional Games/Frictional Games - $XX.XX
TBA - Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - Action/Adventure - Namco Bandai/Ninja Theory - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

TBA - LocoCycle - Racing/Action - Microsoft/Twisted Pixel Games - $XX.XX

sibarraz

Banned
Guys I get dizzy playing half life 1.

This doesn't happen with l4d2, or cs:go, so dont' know if its a problem with the fov or other factor? how could I change the fov of the game

Dude it's $15 for the expansion and you're getting a rebalanced game, 5 new characters, and 6 new stages. Also along with new modes too.

Also nobody will play vanilla AE after Ultra comes out on neither console or pc so what's the problem?

I don't care about those things and I barely play online, why would I want to pay $15 for something I don't really want?

Besides, I got SSFIVAE for half that price and it should keep working even if a newer version comes out.

TheSeks

thanks! is weird, but I get dizzy with quake too

I don't know how to enter developers mode in hl to change fov

~
cg_fov 90 or something like that. Google "Half-life console commands" and it should be a console command.

I don't care about those things and I barely play online, why would I want to pay $15 for something I don't really want?

Besides, I got SSFIVAE for half that price and it should keep working even if a newer version comes out.

So then, don't. I doubt Capcom is going to leave SSF4 people out to dry when they patch/port Ultra over. You'll probably be grandfathered with a patched copy but locked to Ultras characters.

But really, you should update to Ultra for the new characters anyway.

poopninjamvc3mk

Besides, I got SSFIVAR for half that price and it should keep working even if a newer version comes out.

Then if you don't care about online or any of the new stuff in Ultra then you shouldn't even care about them removing GFWL tbh. When GFWL goes down you'll still be able to play with a offline profile and it's not like there's anything unlockable in SSF4AE besides colors and titles for online.

Clawww

If you want GFWL removed from SSF4: AE they are forcing you to upgrade to SSF4: Ultra.

It's not really Capcom's fault GFWL is shutting down. Regardless of GFWL, AE online becomes obsolete when Ultra comes around, so if you're actively playing AE online, the upgrade is a no-brainer. You'll still be able to play locally and offline if you want to stick to AE. So, I don't know about "forced."

Clawww

I don't get it; if you don't play online and don't care for new content, what are you complaining about, exactly? How does Microsoft (not Capcom) killing GFWL, or the release of Ultra affect you in this case?

I don't get it; if you don't play online and don't care for new content, what are you complaining about, exactly? How does Microsoft (not Capcom) killing GFWL, or the release of Ultra affect you in this case?

I'm not complaining about Ultra, I'm complaining about GFWL. Didn't know you could play the game with an offline account to be honest.

TheSeks

I treid pressing ~ but nothing happens :(

1. Go to the HL shortcut properties and add -console to target ("hl.exe -console")
2. ~
3. default_fov <n> where <n> is your desired FoV number.

I really hate how devs hide the console at times. Crysis even restricts what you can do with it at times unless you enable developer mode. :/

Clawww

I'm not complaining about Ultra, I'm complaining about GFWL. Didn't know you could play the game with an offline account to be honest.

Word, GFWL sucks, but if they don't have something in the works for a transition to painless offline once it shuts down, that'll be a shitstorm for sure.

Grief.exe

Then don't upgrade. Your game will still work.

Grief.exe

Word, GFWL sucks, but if they don't have something in the works for a transition to painless offline once it shuts down, that'll be a shitstorm for sure.

I would be surprised if Microsoft doesn't release some kind of patch on their site.

Would be as simple as

Requireautentication=0

Won Mafia 2 on SG before I saw that I could get codes from GMG. So now I've got 2 codes, giving one away. Have fun!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Mafia II -- MB-BEA05F44268230FD - Taken by BruteUA. 16 entrants total.

t1381710075z1.png

Colin.

What's the thoughts here on Dark Void Zero? Seems like a pretty fun game for the low price. The other Dark Void looks pretty generic to me.

Cru

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Teleglitch: Die More Edition -- MB-133BB34132907C51 - Taken by KenOD. 22 entrants total.

t1381701120z1.png

Cth

Thanks Razorskin, always wanted to try Bionic Commando! Never got to try the original, just the Hot Dog arm version :D

Kammie

Figured I'd play RE5 what with the recent sale and all.

...oh my god, what a terrible game. The controls are vile, and anytime I die it's either because I can't turn around fast enough, or because I'm stuck in place due to reloading or because the enemies are all bullet sponges and won't die as they're running towards me and taking five headshots. I've lost count of how many times I've been hit from behind because I can't even see where I am in relation to anything due to the claustrophobic camera. I don't even understand why it's zoomed in as much as it is, if it was fine as it was in RE4.

I expected a lousy game, but not THIS lousy.

rtcn63

Figured I'd play RE5 what with the recent sale and all.

...oh my god, what a terrible game. The controls are vile, and anytime I die it's either because I can't turn around fast enough, or because I'm stuck in place due to reloading or because the enemies are all bullet sponges and won't die as they're running towards me and taking five headshots. I've lost count of how many times I've been hit from behind because I can't even see where I am in relation to anything due to the claustrophobic camera. I don't even understand why it's zoomed in as much as it is, if it was fine as it was in RE4.

I expected a lousy game, but not THIS lousy.

Early on is rough, but you get enough health that once later hits, you're upgraded weapons and ammo surplus lets the game be pretty fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom