• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

What's the thoughts here on Dark Void Zero? Seems like a pretty fun game for the low price. The other Dark Void looks pretty generic to me.

It's really good. It's basically if there was an old Capcom platformer like Ducktales or Mega man that you never knew existed.

Tellaerin

I'm seriously tempted to pull the trigger on DR 2:OTR, but cash is tight enough for the next couple of weeks that I'm watching my purchases. Any major bundles on the horizon that we know of?

Colin.

It's really good. It's basically if there was an old Capcom platformer like Ducktales or Mega man that you never knew existed.

I ended up going for it in the end, from what I watched it seems like a solid retro style game. Even if it does have SecuROM, what a random game to have that slapped on.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dunno if posted, and while not exactly Steam related but: Get the Witcher: Enhanced Edition for free... with any purchase you make from GoG.com

Good for those that don't care about non-Steam services purchases and don't own it.

You can get it for like $2-3 with SimCity 2000 Special Edition on sale right now, or whatever you had your eye on before but didn't buy yet.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So, I just crafted a badge and got a 90% discount on Serious Sam 3.

Bought.

Managed to get to The Last Stand on FTL with the basic ship, no upgrades, only two crewmembers and no missiles left.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Sajjaja

I just learned that the developers behind E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy are working on an officially licensed Warhammer game on Unreal Engine 4.

http://spacehulk-deathwing.com/

This has the potential to be something truly special, if it is anything at all like E.Y.E.

EYE was just that, potential. But it was awfully bug ridden, though fun. I hope they don't fuck it up.

EDIT: After clicking on the link, it seems Cyanide and Focus are on this game as well (see Game of Thrones, Of Orcs and Men). You know what that means? Awesome story with mediocre to crap game play. Hopefully these EYE devs can help them out.

koolaroo

Dunno if posted, and while not exactly Steam related but: Get the Witcher: Enhanced Edition for free... with any purchase you make from GoG.com

Good for those that don't care about non-Steam services purchases and don't own it.

You can get it for like $2-3 with SimCity 2000 Special Edition on sale right now, or whatever you had your eye on before but didn't buy yet.

Hmm that's a pretty good deal. Now the question is which game that is on sale do I buy. I want like 5 of them.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Not sure what to think of the stanley parable demo but for some reason i can't stop thinking about it.

My favorite part was when we had that long walk on the empty beach, just the two of us.

Khronico

Not sure what to think of the stanley parable demo but for some reason i can't stop thinking about it.

I really liked the OG Stanley Parable, but for some reason this new one didn't impress me all that much. Granted, I knew what the demo was going to be before starting, so that might have dampened the reaction.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
All he wants is Poland and it avoids war.
I don't get this reference :(
Besides being something about WW2

Is there any other game on steam with a bigger difference between the asking price and what it regularly gets discounted to?
No idea, but probably not. I did miss it last time it had that discount though.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Are you making that up or are there other endings? Neither answer would surprise me.

It was a riff on the ending,
when the narrator was recounting all those things you didn't actually do in the demo.

Tenrius

The Stanley Parable demo is amazing. It's an absolute must-play. And don't even think "but I've already played the original", this demo is completely stand-alone.

On a related note:

1D70D74F96D61FA6E0697CA319716F39ACE88720

Is that Kentucky Route Zero on the right? That game actually didn't have a demo. I wonder if it's about the already released acts being as short as they are.

EDIT: Furthermore, the screenshot itself does look familiar, but it appears that the people in the picture are not actual KR0 characters. What's up with that? Am I going crazy?

EDIT2: It's also funny to note that the whole Tanker chapter of MGS2 can be considered a demo.

MRORANGE

On a related note:

1D70D74F96D61FA6E0697CA319716F39ACE88720

Is that Kentucky Route Zero on the right? That game actually didn't have a demo. I wonder if it's about the already released acts being as short as they are.

I'm trying to work out the 3rd one,... looks like any fps between 1998 and 2005

Tenrius

That's Half-Life 1, quite obviously. I'm not sure if it is the original game or one of the expansions, but it's definitely one of those. It even has a Black Mesa logo on one of the crates. HL actually had a demo, too.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

The 3rd one looks like a HL1 expansion that I can't remember the name, I remember it was like a demo or something and lasted no more than 1 hour but it's killing me not to remember the exact name.

EDIT: Furthermore, the screenshot itself does look familiar, but it appears that the people in the picture are not actual KR0 characters. What's up with that? Am I going crazy?

It is Limits And Demonstrations which was more or less a demo/introspective of KR0

http://kentuckyroutezero.com/limits-and-demonstrations/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom