• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Atlas is apparently going to be called Sega Dream Corporation...wtf?

Why wouldn't they leave the original name for brand recognition?

Edit:
I see now. I went and read the OP, I came directly here from VG247.
Sega Dream Corporation is the subsidiary set to acquire acquire all of these holdings, I'm assuming for tax purposes.

Atlas will remain intact.

lol Sega. That's a horrible company name *winces* but then they thought Dreamcast was a good name so....

Oh and Stump, re the 'my loot' PM, would it be feasible/possible for it to include a list of the games that user has gifted away through ModBot?

Pretty please? *flutters eyelashes alluringly*

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I believe Sega Sammy made a new company called Sega Dream Corp. for the express purpose of buying Atlus' parent company. I don't think it means the Atlus name is going anywhere.

I just glanced over the news, though. So I could be mistaken.

Grief.exe

I believe Sega Sammy made a new company called Sega Dream Corp. for the express purpose of buying Atlus' parent company. I don't think it means the Atlus name is going anywhere.

I just glanced over the news, though. So I could be mistaken.

Yep, you are exactly right. Came to edit my post with what I said in that thread for clarification.

I see now. I went and read the OP, I came directly here from VG247.
Sega Dream Corporation is the subsidiary set to acquire acquire all of these holdings, I'm assuming for tax purposes.

Atlas will remain intact.

Tizoc

Are the SMT games really that good? I'd welcome them on PC that's for sure.

The original MegaTen games used a first person view dungeon traversal like Wizardry or Phantasy Star. It also predates Pokemon in that you made Contracts with Demons and mythlogical creatures to fight with you in battles.

The original MegaTen games used a first person view dungeon traversal like Wizardry or Phantasy Star. It also predates Pokemon in that you made Contracts with Demons and mythlogical creatures to fight with you in battles.

Well, I'm mainly talking about its spin-off series, Persona. That seems to be the most hyped.

i wonder if i will ever get to play la mulana with gta sitting around

i love the idea of it, i just hope it doesn't fall into the 'this is way too obtuse i need a guide now' category tooo often

Echoplx

Does Steam clear your browser session when changing IP address now? I have a dynamic IP and I get logged out every time I reset my modem, never used to happen :/

Turfster

Oh wow. What a nice thing to see first thing after I woke up.
Thanks for the amazing giveaway, honorless.

The shinyloot launch sale has a couple of games with Steam keys.
The sales percentages aren't that big, but still... Fortix 2 is slightly cheaper there at the moment, to pick an example of a game there was interest in recently.

Copons

Well, I'm mainly talking about its spin-off series, Persona. That seems to be the most hyped.

I don't really know about Personas, but basically the most prominent features of MegaTen games are good stories, cool and original mechanics and that they're grindy as hell.

gabbo

EuroGamer Expo is on next week, games to play that are coming on Steam:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Batman: Arkham Origins
Dark Souls II
Dying Light
Frozen Endzone
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Infinite Crisis
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Might & Magic: Duel of Champions
PES 2014
Prison Architect
Stronghold: Crusader 2
The Crew
Wolfenstein: The New Order

Might have missed one or two, no Valve this year.

I wonder if the Hotline Miami demo will be the newer/altered version they've talked about after the uproar from the earlier demos

Grief.exe

There is no proof that they are changing the name Atlus.

That original opinion mostly came from reading a poorly written VG247 article.

I haven't played Persona 4 but when Golden came out on Vita people were making threads titled, 'best JRPG I have ever played.' Take that as you will.

I'm playing SMTIV right now on 3DS and having a blast. Great gameplay, great story, addicting to fuse the most powerful demons.

haven't been following lately, but have any clues popped up as to what the bonuses might be on the FTL weekly bundle? although i remember people's hunches on the origin one ended up being dead wrong.

Turfster

haven't been following lately, but have any clues popped up as to what the bonuses might be on the FTL weekly bundle? although i remember people's hunches on the origin one ended up being dead wrong.

We have no idea since they're (probably) separate keys. The good news is we'll all know in less than 4 hours ;)

The-Bean

Does Steam clear your browser session when changing IP address now? I have a dynamic IP and I get logged out every time I reset my modem, never used to happen :/

I noticed I have been getting logged out a lot too, I'm guessing they have. =/ Probably just more security measures.

We have no idea since they're (probably) separate keys. The good news is we'll all know in less than 4 hours ;)

excellent. two more games i can put up on my digital shelf to gather dust while i play nothing but gta V. this pleases me in a strange way. at least digital hoarding doesn't fill up my apartment.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
How long is that Gamefly sale on for? I'm on holiday and there's no option to buy when browsing on my phone, wanted the Tiny Tina DLC.

Turfster

Anyone happen to want 75% off Krater?
PM me if you do as I'm about to go to bed heh.

Note to anyone interested that you can still get Krater along with 7 other games in the Groupees Be Mine Special Edition bundle for a minimum of 5$ (which makes it cheaper than the 75% off for Europeans)

Speaking of 75% off, Getgamesgo has 75% off Lego Lord of the Rings and Lord of the Rings: War in the North.

Dingotech

I was playing some Amnesia Machine for Pigs last night but got stuck, are there any good youtube guides up yet?

Thanks in advance, I'll check for replies tomorrow.

frogg609

All of the SMT games (Persona games as well), are amazing. They can be pretty grindy, but I love the style and execution of them. Definitely some of my favorite console/handheld games.

question: how long into brutal legend does it go TPS? i've been avoiding installing it because i don't really like strategy games if they aren't civ. but i do love the idea of the game as a whole..

Jawmuncher

question: how long into brutal legend does it go TPS? i've been avoiding installing it because i don't really like strategy games if they aren't civ. but i do love the idea of the game as a whole..

Last I recall it was about 25% or so of it.
But once you get RTS it never leaves.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They all cover different genres and have different systems for dealing with demons. So the mainline games are first person crawls, for example. Of course, even within the same "branch" of SMT, the newer games play differently from the older games - especially the Persona series.

I feel like Sega's PC stuff, well, namely Rome and CoH, have very little bearing on what will happen with this new subsidiary though.

Copons

I'll assume with TPS you were meaning RTS. :)

It doesn't "switch" from action to strategy, but instead is mainly action with like... let's say, RTS boss battles. And then, there are like half a dozen of them that are mandatory, every other are optional sub quests and such.

Anyway, first RTS section should appear couple of hours top into the game.

Copons

Well, as we're talking about Brutal Legend, I'm gonna ask you for an opinion.

I played it on PS3 back when it came out and I tried it yesterday on PC and it seemed waaaaaaaay less smooth than the console counterpart.

I'm not playing with a good rig at all (a mid 2009 15'' MBP with 8GB of RAM and a 256MB 9600M GT), but still, I'm able to play lots of current gen games at high with barely a problem at all (like, Just Cause 2 and Burnout Paradise are the firsts that come in mind).

So, it's a problem of the PC conversion or it's my computer that's too obsolete for BL?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I've seen that they're making a boatload of changes to how Steamguard works - most likely this is something they promised publishers in exchange for allowing game sharing.

Steam stores an encrypted "MachineAuth" cookie. My guess is that they recently changed it so that this also encrypts your IP address, meaning it would become invalid if your IP address changed.

Turfster

I'm not playing with a good rig at all (a mid 2009 15'' MBP with 8GB of RAM and a 256MB 9600M GT), but still, I'm able to play lots of current gen games at high with barely a problem at all (like, Just Cause 2 and Burnout Paradise are the firsts that come in mind).

So, it's a problem of the PC conversion or it's my computer that's too obsolete for BL?

I think that's your problem. It ran buttery smooth here.

Grief.exe

Please, next time refrain to highlight this heartlessly my card of shame. :'(

You have brought great shame on your family by owning a MBP, do the honorable thing.

japanese-swords-samurai-swords-bushido-dragon-katana.jpg

Persona 1 on the first Playstation really opened up for me (i.e. blew my mind) once I figured out how the recipes for higher level Personas worked. Demon hunting was so fun. I'm very open to the series (Persona and SMT) coming to PC, haven't played them all.

chronomac

Well, as we're talking about Brutal Legend, I'm gonna ask you for an opinion.

I played it on PS3 back when it came out and I tried it yesterday on PC and it seemed waaaaaaaay less smooth than the console counterpart.

Have you tried installing Windows 7 or 8 with Boot Camp? I play some games on my 13" Macbook Pro from that year and a lot of them run better on Windows than Mac OS X. Might be the case here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom