• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Next you're going to laugh at me for not playing System Shock 2.
YW6Aof3.gif

Go play it right now!

Momentary

Banned
Is System Shock 2 really that good? I bought it during the last sale. It's not even NEAR the top of my to do list. I'm working on the Batman games right now.

NaM

Is System Shock 2 really that good? I bought it during the last sale. It's not even NEAR the top of my to do list. I'm working on the Batman games right now.

Yeah, it's a top tier game. Top 10 of all times easy.

MRORANGE

Why? Just play the game. It's free. Gameplay will stay the same.

I really really prefer keyboard controls, heck even for games like DMC and most platformers in general. PS3 is mostly for exclusives more than anything else.

Plus I just got PS+ the other day, so only have it for 3 months.

Turfster

Man, I missed one simple achievement in DX:HR, so I figured I'd quickly grab it... But all my Hengsha savegames are from
the return
, and even tho I figured "I'll just speedrun the beginning", I... just can't not play it completionist, it seems...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

I mean it's only in the top 5 greatest games ever made. No biggy.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So if you really liked SS2 you can't say Bioshock 1 is a not a great game, c'mon.
I get the pun though

Eh... I'd disagree and say he could.

I'm in the boat that thinks SS2 is good
but vastly overrated. That vanilla weapon breaking rate. Goddamn.
, but Bioshock 1 was supremely boring despite having an interesting "world" built under the water.

Enemy Within is $20.25 on GMG but the code expires on the 16th.

Is it safe to wait closer to release for a new %25 off code to appear or should I get it now?

Derrick01

Banned
So if you really liked SS2 you can't say Bioshock 1 is a not a great game, c'mon.
I get the pun though

I can easily say Bioshock 1 was a bad game, it was extremely consolized and streamlined. The original vision of Bioshock 1 before it was gutted sounded much more intriguing but the higher ups on the game or the publisher (I forget which) decided it wasn't going to sell on 360 like that.

Iron Badger said:

Is it safe to wait closer to release for a new %25 off code to appear or should I get it now?

Why not just get it now if you're going to wait for another code of the same type to show? I wouldn't risk it this close to release personally.

TheSeks

So this GMG free game deal is busted?

You have to wait 24 hours #YOLO #SWAG

(Unless you have then: Does your info you gave GMG match the info you gave CVG? If yes:

Then you're fucked, wait a few more days and then contact GMG to see what is up)

Turfster

You have to wait 24 hours #YOLO #SWAG
We really need like, a notice-bot that reposts the last 5 most important things on every page. This and the "hey guys my played counts are all wrong" thing have been posted like, a bazillion times over the weekend...

How is The Wolf Among Us performance-wise compared to The Walking Dead? The latter was such a shitshow in that regard.

I played at 4K, and kept a steady 60 FPS throughout outside of 2 or 3 weird moments where it would stutter for a few seconds. Was night and day compared to the Walking Dead on the PS3. Can't speak for how the PC version of WD ran though.

i53570K, 4GBGTX670

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'd say it's likely that another GMG25 code will appear within the next month, especially with November playing host to the likes of Arkham Origins, Black Flag and Watch Dogs. October's had one thus far, September had two, and August also had one.

Is there an application or website that can be used to see where exactly your internet is being used at? We have a 24 Mbps line and I'm getting .80 Mbps currently according to speedtest via ethernet(.10 by wifi) so something is obviously terribly wrong. Other people in the house say they aren't downloading anything so I'm at a loss. It's been acting off at random the past few days. I don't torrent so we shouldn't be getting throttled or anything of that nature.

NaM

Is there an application or website that can be used to see where exactly your internet is being used at? We have a 24 Mbps line and I'm getting .80 Mbps currently according to speedtest via ethernet(.10 by wifi) so something is obviously terribly wrong. Other people in the house say they aren't downloading anything so I'm at a loss. It's been acting off at random the past few days. I don't torrent so we shouldn't be getting throttled or anything of that nature.
The easiest way is to get in your router and check the ARP to see what's connected and if every IP corresponds to a device of yours.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's possible your WiFi security has been compromised and someone's leeching off your connection. Log in to your router and check the DHCP leases, or just change the wireless password and see if your speed goes back up. Alternatively, particularly if you're on ADSL, it could be a line fault -- I had one last year in 2011 that caused my downstream sync to drop to 384Kbit.

Ugh need to make a choice on Remember Me!

The Autumn Sale is roughly six weeks away, FWIW.

Kammie

Figured I'd play RE5 what with the recent sale and all.

...oh my god, what a terrible game. The controls are vile, and anytime I die it's either because I can't turn around fast enough, or because I'm stuck in place due to reloading or because the enemies are all bullet sponges and won't die as they're running towards me and taking five headshots. I've lost count of how many times I've been hit from behind because I can't even see where I am in relation to anything due to the claustrophobic camera. I don't even understand why it's zoomed in as much as it is, if it was fine as it was in RE4.

I expected a lousy game, but not THIS lousy.
I just want to come back to say that I tried playing the game with mouse and keyboard instead of a controller, and wow, it's a night and day difference. It's still not perfect, and took me about an hour to get used to/tinker to an acceptable level, but it feels so much more fluid, and I can actually turn around to aim at stuff at a decent speed. It's allowing me to actually enjoy the game now. I don't know how people can play this with a controller.

Are there any gaffers who want to coop this? I had a couple random people join me for coop, and the game is a LOT funner this way.

Sajjaja

I really really prefer keyboard controls, heck even for games like DMC and most platformers in general. PS3 is mostly for exclusives more than anything else.

Plus I just got PS+ the other day, so only have it for 3 months.

I really am not sure how well keyboard controls would work in MGR, given how parrying works. You will still be better off with a controller so might as well play it on PS3 and then buy it when MGR comes to Steam. That's how I see it anyways.

TheSeks

I really am not sure how well keyboard controls would work in MGR, given how parrying works. You will still be better off with a controller so might as well play it on PS3 and then buy it when MGR comes to Steam. That's how I see it anyways.

Eh, I can kinda see parrying working in keyboard and mouses favor. Outside of diagonal parries, the only thing that would be a problem would be the camera/Raiden facing away from enemies and the camera orientation of that.

Got a free game from GMG. It took several hours since the website kept saying I didn't vote, but I already did.

Do you just have to lean on F5 on the GMG page until it recognizes you? I finished voting like six hours ago, came back, registered for the free game, and still get the "you didn't vote" message. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom