• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they sent you an e-mail?
They did. I clicked on my free game and got several of them. It all lead to the same. "You haven't voted yet." Then I click to vote and it says. "Thanks for voting!" >_>
Do you just have to lean on F5 on the GMG page until it recognizes you? I finished voting like six hours ago, came back, registered for the free game, and still get the "you didn't vote" message. :(
I just waited a few hours before I could get the email to redeem my game. Did you get the key already for the free game?

Got My CIV5 key from the voting and since I already have both:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Civ 5 -- MB-2FB66EE70D18A22E - Taken by Xanathus. 4 entrants total.

t1381734420z1.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Welp, that's both Deus Ex:HR and The Missing Link 100%ed before the new one happens.

I heard talk that the Missing Link Achievements disappear with the directors cut or something? What?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A great read: http://kotaku.com/how-lucasarts-fell-apart-1401731043

One of the sadder and more interesting stories out of the lucasarts death :( They also had an ios game about managing the death star which was apparently done...but may never be released.

Disney striking a deal with EA for Star Wars games irks me since it means every such title released for the foreseeable future is unlikely to be released on Steam. Disney itself has never put any of its games on Steam (Lego Pirates :(), so I don't see part of the licensing agreement being that EA can't ignore the PC's largest DD service.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Great, now I'm going to have to talk shit about Star Wars in this thread. Why don't you people ever bring up the stuff I like?

Sliders, for example. Let's lament that Sliders never got the videogame treatment.

Whooter

Great, now I'm going to have to talk shit about Star Wars in this thread. Why don't you people ever bring up the stuff I like?

Sliders, for example. Let's lament that Sliders never got the videogame treatment.

Man, Sliders was a such a great show. Until Fox screwed it up.

gabbo

Sliders from season 1 through to killing the professor would have made a fun adventure game, it's the late stuff with the Kromags/Charlie/Malory that would have filled a forgettable action game.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
3DSXL is such a gorgeous system

I remember seeing it at first and thought I would never want one of those portable DVD player lookin motherfuckers but now I consider swapping out my Ambassador 3DS vanilla for one.

The_Monk

Nice one Salsa, I'm missing some Nintendo gaming for a long time. My last Nintendo product was a Silver Game Boy Pocket back when it was released (that I still have it)... so yep, I would have a lot catch up to do.

Jawmuncher

Sucks I missed the RE6 sale. I wanted to gift that.
But alas it couldn't be helped even if I wanted to.

This Dead Rising 2 sale is pretty crap though.
I hope it's Lost Planet 3 at like 12 bucks for tomorrow. I'll definitely grab it at that price.
(Even if I cant play it for a year)

So I went ahead and picked up Papers, Please. I lasted two days on my first play through before I was arrested :(

I should have let the prostitute pass.

Nabs

I think I like RE Revelations. I definitely don't hate it.

I have a bad feeling about RE6, but we'll see how it plays in co-op.

sixclaws

Banned
Sucks I missed the RE6 sale. I wanted to gift that.
But alas it couldn't be helped even if I wanted to.

This Dead Rising 2 sale is pretty crap though.
I hope it's Lost Planet 3 at like 12 bucks for tomorrow. I'll definitely grab it at that price.
(Even if I cant play it for a year)

I believe the sale ends tomorrow.

Jawmuncher

I believe the sale ends tomorrow.

eccch definitely a weak way out if so.

For RE6 just make sure you read up on all the extra stuff you can do.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494812

The game has so much added to it that capcom never explains.
Which personally if you don't know to use it makes the game far less fun.
(Can't fixed some of the mess of campaign missions but those aren't that bad)

Also if ammo is a problem make sure you grab the skills for more drops.

Copons

I played at 4K, and kept a steady 60 FPS throughout outside of 2 or 3 weird moments where it would stutter for a few seconds. Was night and day compared to the Walking Dead on the PS3. Can't speak for how the PC version of WD ran though.

i53570K, 4GBGTX670

Just woke up and I was scrolling the thread still sleepy, saw this post, tried to redeem his rig.

The_Monk

Make sure to post some impressions then fellow GAFfer since I never played RE Revelations. On the other hand, I've put around 40 hours on RE6.

Yeah I know. Me neither:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Reign Conflict of Nations -- MB-6D0F7580913C7862 - Taken by Apostate

Just unlocked on the groupees 1c bundle for those who purchased it.

Thorgal

hmm when i tried to get mafia 2 (GMG) i ran into a strange issue.

After voting .when you have to log in too your account it says wrong username/password even tough it is the correct one . (100% sure)

What is going on ?

Edit : also hows dead rising 2 on PC ?

Jawmuncher

After voting .when you have to log in too your account it says wrong username/password even tough it is the correct one . (100% sure)

What is going on ?

Edit : also hows dead rising 2 on PC ?

For Dead Rising 2 on PC is a fine port.
Nothing amazing but it gets the job done, only negative is GFWL

75% off Lost Planet 3 would've been nice.

Edit: GamersGate's new Daily is 75% off The Cave ($3.75).

Yep. Honestly it almost feels like the DR and RE sales' should've been reversed.
Someone at Steam might've messed up

EDIT: I keep thinking this is a damn Poke thread with Salsa being the first post.

Jame Retief

Neo Member

What is going on ?

Do you have an account on both GMG and CVG (where you vote)? A separate account on each is necessary and you will need to sign up on each with the same email for their systems to authorize the free game code.

Thorgal

Do you have an account on both GMG and CVG (where you vote)? A separate account on each is necessary and you will need to sign up on each with the same email for their systems to authorize the free game code.
ah no, i don't.

thanks.

as for DR2, i think ill wait to see if they will patch GFWL out of it.

Arthea

So, I've bought DmC and immediately decided to play some.
While I agree is no DMC exactly, and I dislike Donte even more now, the game itself is surprisingly not bad. I'm only 4 chapters in, so I still might change my opinion, but it is better then I thought it will be, and I really enjoy taking away shields from demons then getting them near me and serving some combos, platforming isn't bad either.
Still not quite sure how style points are assigned and what for. As I get SS almost always, but supposedly my general timing sucks as final evaluation is usually B-C.
Anyhow, not regretting purchase, if even I broke my promise not buy anything till xmas sale... again.

Jawmuncher

So, I've bought DmC and immediately decided to play some.
While I agree is no DMC exactly, and I dislike Donte even more now, the game itself is surprisingly not bad. I'm only 4 chapters in, so I still might change my opinion, but it is better then I thought it will be, and I really enjoy taking away shields from demons then getting them near me and serving some combos, platforming isn't bad either.
Still not quite sure how style points are assigned and what for. As I get SS almost always, but supposedly my general timing sucks as final evaluation is usually B-C.
Anyhow, not regretting purchase, if even I broke my promise not buy anything till xmas sale... again.

Yep DmC is more than a solid game.
The funniest thing is it's still the best third party outsourced game capcom has currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom