• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Been umming and ahhing over Papers, Please since it went up on offer. Had it I'm my cart twice but I've got a mountain of work to do and can see it being a distraction.

6RRD2iO.jpg

grief we're finally black 3ds bros

2? is that like 6D? I do like my white 3DS XL but then you realise you work with newspapers for the better half the day and then christ does that require high maintenance to keep clean.

Arthea

Inafune wanted a western touch to the DMC series because apparently the games don't sell enough worldwide.

They sell so much more now!
wait...

I don't understand what good can do abandoning existing fanbase which was no small. If they want CoD numbers... of course they want. (><)
We really need some flow of common sense in gaming industry, I mean talented people in other areas are happy to take any niche there is for their talent and are happy to find one, while devs all want to make Bibles and Titanics or CoDs, for no apparent reason. Isn't that stance kinda boring for them? I mean there is no worse job when to try to please everybody, no?

Kaleinc

Banned
I'll never understand why they decided to reboot DMC and outsource it. It doesn't make sense, imho
And ya, it is funny, sorta
They outsource anything: Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Resident Evil, Remember Me and now DMC. All of them turn out to be solid garbage but Capcom is relentless.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
When is Halloween? Shouldn't the sale be this week?

October 31 so more like 2 weeks away.

They outsource anything: Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Resident Evil, Remember Me and now DMC. All of them turn out to be solid garbage but Capcom is relentless.

-Dead Rising 2 was well-received and added a much needed co-op mode that was wonderful.
-Remember Me was a project they picked up.
-They are perfectly capable of turning out solid garbage themselves. See: Resident Evil 5.

Arthea

Didn't they had to help with DmC internally? I remember reading something along these line on gaf.

Dr Dogg

I've oddly had more fun with Capcom's outsourced and published titles this last few years than any of there in house efforts. Well except Dragon's Dogma but that's the least un-Capcom game they've made.

When is Halloween? Shouldn't the sale be this week?

31st October. The day we used to hide behind the sofa with the lights out until all the little oiks round here were in bed. Because as a miserable Englishman I'd rather crowd round a bonfire complete with an effigy of a revolutionary who tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament on a cold evening coupled with cheap fireworks and economy barbequed meat products than be courteous and give sweets to nice people.

Anteater

They didn't outsource Remember Me, they just help publishes it, it wasn't originally Capcom's but Sony's.

Didn't they had to help with DmC internally? I remember reading something along these line on gaf.

Itsuno (director of DMC2-4) apparently oversaw development but I'm pretty sure that was just a PR move by Capcom to try and settle the fanbase down. Itsuno was busy directing Dragon's Dogma at the time, so I doubt he had any real input.

Edit: Speaking of Capcom, I've never understood why on earth they don't port the Ace Attorney games to every system possible. I'd quadruple dip on those games.

Anteater

Itsuno (director of DMC2-4) apparently oversaw development but I'm pretty sure that was just a PR move by Capcom to try and settle the fanbase down. Itsuno was busy directing Dragon's Dogma at the time, so I doubt he had any real input.

Edit: Speaking of Capcom, I've never understood why on earth they don't port the Ace Attorney games to every system possible. I'd quadruple dip on those games.

Itsuno and co did help out with the development later on to polish out the game, they fixed some of problems with the combat and design, the game would've been a lot different if Capcom didn't help out, it's a really competent action game.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/30/3931784/capcom-devs-describe-the-long-distance-romance-with-ninja-theory-that

Yea I want to play the Ace Attorney games, aren't they on iOS too and not android?

Jawmuncher

October 31 so more like 2 weeks away.

-Dead Rising 2 was well-received and added a much needed co-op mode that was wonderful.
-Remember Me was a project they picked up.
-They are perfectly capable of turning out solid garbage themselves. See: Resident Evil 5.

If more games were garbage like RE5 i'd be in gaming heaven.
That's my game of the gen right there.

Dr Dogg

No idea. I don't know how well they'd go down on PS3/360 but a Steam release seams like a perfect fit. The Wii versions of the first 3 are Ace (complete with Wii remote "Objection!!!" flailing) and the recent iOS version is great either on an iPhone or iPad. It can't cost that much to get a PC version up surely?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No idea. I don't know how well they'd go down on PS3/360 but a Steam release seams like a perfect fit. The Wii versions of the first 3 are Ace (complete with Wii remote "Objection!!!" flailing) and the recent iOS version is great either on an iPhone or iPad. It can't cost that much to get a PC version up surely?

Don't worry, not unlike now with Steam sales, in a few years Capcom will realise the same thing other publishers have already noticed -- that belated PC ports are a good idea.

Edit: Here's another feel-good Steam success story, this time from Aterdux, developer of Legends of Eisenwald:

Jawmuncher

Don't worry, not unlike now with Steam sales, in a few years Capcom will realise the same thing other publishers have already noticed -- that belated PC ports are a good idea.

Seriously really surprised more Publishers haven't jumped on the idea yet.
Especially with games that had PC releases earlier.

Anteater

I'm hoping Platinumgames stuff will be on steam, Inaba seem to be interested in the idea of self publishing games on steam, they really need to make this happen.

JaseC

Seriously really surprised more Publishers haven't jumped on the idea yet.
Especially with games that had PC releases earlier.

I'd like for Bethesda to greenlight a PC port of Wet.

I'm hoping Platinumgames stuff will be on steam, Inaba seem to be interested in the idea of self publishing games on steam, they really need to make this happen.

Well, we know that Sega is sitting on an internal PC port of Bayonetta. I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true of Vanquish and Anarchy Reigns, too.

Nerazar

That would be great! I would at least buy Bayonetta 1, if that port is ever going to happen...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Also if ammo is a problem make sure you grab the skills for more drops.

Ammo isn't the problem. Health tabs/Herb replacements are the problem on anything above Easy.

Why the hell are these so rare on Veteran? I get they want to make it hard, but when I'm 1-block through the ENTIRE campaign and having to run to checkpoint-to-checkpoint just to survive? Terrible.

If that's solid garbage, they need more of that garbage than the outsourced.

Dr Dogg

Well, we know that Sega is sitting on an internal PC port of Bayonetta. I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true of Vanquish and Anarchy Reigns, too.

Well...
Atsushi Inaba said:

That and the 3D Vision pic of Kamiya playing Bayonetta certainly says something, tech demo or not. In fact wasn't there a research thread kicking around here a few months ago?

Itsuno and co did help out with the development later on to polish out the game, they fixed some of problems with the combat and design, the game would've been a lot different if Capcom didn't help out, it's a really competent action game.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/30/3931784/capcom-devs-describe-the-long-distance-romance-with-ninja-theory-that

Yea I want to play the Ace Attorney games, aren't they on iOS too and not android?

Huh, I hadn't read that. Sounds like they played the same role Sony Cambridge did on Heavenly Sword, basically cleaning up Ninja Theory's mess.

Still not going to touch DmC unless it's part of PS+ though.

I think they'd be perfectly fine on the PS3/360, the first three were originally GBA games after all.

JaseC

In fact wasn't there a research thread kicking around here a few months ago?

Yeah, though there's not much to it (points 2 and 4 in particular are one and the same). Inaba's comment seems to suggest it's just a matter of ironing out the kinks, but Sega is apparently not interested.

Arthea

Ya, that was discussed on gaf at same point, too lazy to find the thread.

Ace Attorney games on PC would make too much sense, perhaps (><)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, though there's not much to it (points 2 and 4 in particular are one and the same). Inaba's comment seems to suggest it's just a matter of ironing out the kinks, but Sega is apparently not interested.

So, basically Twitter campaign bomb Sega to do it but Sega doesn't listen to their fans so it'll never happen.

Still not going to touch DmC unless it's part of PS+ though.

Why would you do that when you could've paid the lowest it's ever been ($12) this weekend and played it at the FPS action games WANT to be played at? :/

Terrible game and horrible attempt at being a DMC aside, the 60FPS REALLY helps that game.

Dr Dogg

I think they'd be perfectly fine on the PS3/360, the first three were originally GBA games after all.

Sorry we must have got a little cross wired. Yeah they could totally work on them (even with gimmicky Kinect and Move support) but the question is would people buy them? I know I'd be tempted, christ even for Trophy whoring (the 50 achievements for the iOS version are quite varied) but I can only speak for myself so don't know what the consensus would be.

Ah well at this point I think anything Platinum related that would find it's way to Steam would be a smaller title at the moment outside of the Rising port. Though that's not all bad as with the very limited time they had on Rising they turned out a very tight game mechanically and I've just finished the Wonderful 101 and that's certainly a game you can't say is lacking for content. Or fun.

Why would you do that when you could've paid the lowest it's ever been ($12) this weekend and played it at the FPS action games WANT to be played at? :/

Terrible game and horrible attempt at being a DMC aside, the 60FPS REALLY helps that game.

Why would I spend money on a game I have less than zero interest in? If I just happen to get it for free from PS+, fine, but I'm not directly spending a cent on it.

fantomena

I guess I won't be Steaming much.

BWidQe5CUAAiLZ2.jpg:large

My review copy finally arrived today after the post service I use here in Norway fucked the delivery up. Was suppose to get it 1 week ago. Better late than never though.

JaseC

So, basically Twitter campaign bomb Sega to do it but Sega doesn't listen to their fans so it'll never happen.
Ah well at this point I think anything Platinum related that would find it's way to Steam would be a smaller title at the moment outside of the Rising port. Though that's not all bad as with the very limited time they had on Rising they turned out a very tight game mechanically and I've just finished the Wonderful 101 and that's certainly a game you can't say is lacking for content. Or fun.

Perhaps Sega is waiting to see how MGR performs before signing off on its own Platinum ports. I think the game would do quite well if it launches no later than November, with an early bird discount, and is then a featured deal during the Winter Sale, however despite Konami's promise of "soon" four months ago, it seems that boat is going to missed.

Arthea

Why would I spend money on a game I have less than zero interest in? If I just happen to get it for free from PS+, fine, but I'm not directly spending a cent on it.

Aren't you at least a little curious? I was, 10€ worth curious in fact (><)
I doubt this game will ever come to PSN plus or I wouldn't have bought it!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

BWidQe5CUAAiLZ2.jpg:large

My review copy finally arrived today after the post service I use here in Norway fucked the delivery up. Was suppose to get it 1 week ago. Better late than never though.
Did you convince Nintendo into sending you a complimentary 3ds to review it on?

MRORANGE

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWidQe5CUAAiLZ2.jpg:large[/MG]

My review copy finally arrived today after the post service I use here in Norway fucked the delivery up. Was suppose to get it 1 week ago. Better late than never though.[/QUOTE]

Can you ask Valve to send you a review copy of Steambox with HL3 installed?

Dr Dogg

Sod it I succumbed to buying Papers, Please. Despite trying to talk myself out of it by reasoning "What if it's 50, 66 or even 75% in a later sale" before realising it would be about £2 difference and I had already wasted more than that on "treating" myself to lunch.

Just started it up. Epically oppressive music, good start. What's that? Endless mode? Good grief there goes my day.

Sod it I succumbed to buying Papers, Please. Despite trying to talk myself out of it by reasoning "What if it's 50, 66 or even 75% in a later sale" before realising it would be about £2 difference and I had already wasted more than that on "treating" myself to lunch.

Just started it up. Epically oppressive music, good start. What's that? Endless mode? Good grief there goes my day.

need to beat story mode before endless unlocks I think. Picked it up yesterday as well and loving it. I think i'm at day 8 or 10 or so. So many damn papers on my desk.

FloatOn

I remember pokemon. I think I played it in my youth.

What new steam releases are you people looking forward to? I've been out of the loop somewhat because of grand theft auto.

Arthea

What new steam releases are you people looking forward to? I've been out of the loop somewhat because of grand theft auto.
Well, Deadly Premonition is not so far off, if you are interested in. As DeusEx HR director's cut.

Li Kao

Mmh, let's see... based solely on Steam coming soon section I would say...

Talisman HD Prologue - Not really, as the game is not multiplayer and it would make better sense on a tablet, but these days I don't play on a tablet so...
The Stanley Parable - If the demo clicks with me.
Chaos on Deponia - Didn't play the second one but based on the first, a must play for me.
Path of Exile - I keep hearing about a really solid diablo-like.
Deus Ex HR DC - Hey, didn't play the first version, so I'm ok with this.
Deadly Premonition - Curious to see if it is wonderful or a janky mess for me.
XCOM Ennemy Within - Sorta, I'm still not sold on the base game when comparing to the rose tinted memories of the only true X-Com, but... sorta.
AssCreed Black Flag - Not yet bored with AC (disclaimer : didn't play AC3 yet :D )

But the fun in PC gaming is that steam is awfully bad at annoucing coming soon games and there will be easily two times more that I want.

Now if we are strictly speaking about day one purchase, well if I have the cash (difficult times + PS4 that I may or may not buy): Path of Exile and maybe Deus Ex/Deadly Premonition/XCOM.

FloatOn

Well, Deadly Premonition is not so far off, if you are interested in. As DeusEx HR director's cut.

I've heard good things about deadly premonition. I will probably get on that if the price is right. A second play through of deus ex will have to come much later.

Wasn't batman soon? Or is that one going to be bad due to lack of rocksteady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom