• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I've heard good things about deadly premonition. I will probably get on that if the price is right. A second play through of deus ex will have to come much later.

Wasn't batman soon? Or is that one going to be bad due to lack of rocksteady?

Batman hits the end of this month. It is using too much of Rocksteady's gameplay framework to be a real fuckup. Plus all the trailers have been baller.

Li Kao

Hey, I'm in the mood for some braindead fun, so I will launch Dead Rising 2. But I also have win 8.
I am fear.

Edit : No point in posting too much, so far... so good. Never been one of the most impacted by GFWL bugs, just had a long profile import fail once. So here, GFWL was already installed, I logged without problem, entered the key, the whole thing bugged out on me with a giant black windows for some time when I checked the user agreement, and a patch was downloaded with success. The odd thing is that when leaving the game to apply the patch there was some leftover windows from a microsoft install. Not smooth, but overall without problem for the time being.

With all the Pokémon talk this page, I gotta say. I just tried my first Pokémon game recently (Black 2 because it was cheap) and I really don't see the appeal a few hours in. I enjoy SRPGs, so I expected to like it, but I found the world bland and uninteresting. Also the gameplay was shockingly slow, like every action in and out of battle takes forever. Just transferring a Pokemon from storage into you active party takes like exiting in and out of like three different menus, terrible. And the final kicker is that I love SRPGs for the ability to create OP characters via a complex job / leveling system, and I found it really lacking here as well. Pokémon pretty much just grow on their own and you can swap out old abilities with new ones as you learn them as far as I can tell. Maybe I just don't get it.

Non Steam digression aside all the GFWL stuff from this Capcom sale is kinda bumming me out. I get that this is Microsoft's issue, but as the store owner at this point I feel like Valve is doing customers a pretty big disservice by not warning them. Should at least have a disclaimer on the store page.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I guess I won't be Steaming much.

BWidQe5CUAAiLZ2.jpg:large

My review copy finally arrived today after the post service I use here in Norway fucked the delivery up. Was suppose to get it 1 week ago. Better late than never though.

They sent review copies to everyone who can grow mountain-man beards first, unfortunately.

Dr Dogg

need to beat story mode before endless unlocks I think. Picked it up yesterday as well and loving it. I think i'm at day 8 or 10 or so. So many damn papers on my desk.

Well I'm just up to the 6th day and already I'm struggling to make ends meet. My family are cold, sick and hungry and what's more I got a bastard citation because some guy was taller than his documents said. Now I'm getting stress from refugees because I've sent them to the room where they do come out off because she didn't have the right paper work. I've got my own problems lady.

I thought the Steam controller demo was a bit bizarre it had this in it but boy anything to help squeeze in as many inspections before clocking off time is really needed. It's a daily struggle between food, heat or medicine and I always can only afford one of them.

And the bloody landlord keeps putting the rent up.

Well I'm just up to the 6th day and already I'm struggling to make ends meet. My family are cold, sick and hungry and what's more I got a bastard citation because some guy was taller than his documents said. Now I'm getting stress from refugees because I've sent them to the room where they do come out off because she didn't have the right paper work. I've got my own problems lady.

I thought the Steam controller demo was a bit bizarre it had this in it but boy anything to help squeeze in as many inspections before clocking off time is really needed. It's a daily struggle between food, heat or medicine and I always can only afford one of them.

And the bloody landlord keeps putting the rent up.

Options has an 'Easy Mode' that gives you an extra $20 a day
. Not a bad option until you learn how things works. For a while it was, 'I have to check THAT???'

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I bought this from an RU site thinking it'd activate the RU-specific app, but as it turns out, Sega never actually made any subs for the app, so it's a rest-of-world key. Oops.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Football Manager 2011 -- MB-59CC3F9D218A4E2D - Taken by angular graphics
----------
This one's for JaseC: Knights and Merchants available on Steam

Very nice Settlers 2 clone, famous for some nasty ideas for copy protection.

OH

MY

GOD

Edit: My aforementioned purchase seems to have triggered a freeze on my card. :(

Momentary

Banned
Why would I spend money on a game I have less than zero interest in? If I just happen to get it for free from PS+, fine, but I'm not directly spending a cent on it.

But you are directly spending money on it. PS+ isn't free. Like people said, if you have less than zero interest why in the world would you invest you time on it. It makes absolutely no sense. You have to have some sort of interest in it.

Dr Dogg

Options has an 'Easy Mode' that gives you an extra $20 a day
. Not a bad option until you learn how things works. For a while it was, 'I have to check THAT???'

Thanks. Might be a bit too late though as
my uncle has died
as the rest of the family are very sick now. Shame I can't use the plethora of lap dancing tokens I'm being tossed as attempted bribes for sustenance.

I bought this from an RU site thinking it'd activate the RU-specific app, but as it turns out, Sega never actually used it, so it's a rest-of-world key. Oops.

Really? Has it come to this now? Buying RU sub items? I think all of SteamGAF needs to have a sit down with you Jase.

Anustart

Nice one Salsa, I'm missing some Nintendo gaming for a long time. My last Nintendo product was a Silver Game Boy Pocket back when it was released (that I still have it)... so yep, I would have a lot catch up to do.

Fellow gaffer, I am ashamed to call you a fellow gaffer!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Jesus, it was a pain to get my controller working with dead rising 2. Thanks a lot capcom.

MRORANGE

Is it really Capcom's fault? My Batman Arkham Asylum doesn't launch either unless I install the gfwl client.

Capcom had a range of options and chose the quickest method to port the game online capabilities, granted no one really expect GFWL to actually go away but at least on Capcom's part they should at least fix their games for future replay-ability.

If it was me I would pull all GFWL off Steam until they were all patched with something else.

MNC

I wonder if I should buy Lost Planet 2. Is that game even fun to play outside of co-op? But it's one of the few sales...

Welp, I forgot about GFWL. Guess it's just Papers Please, then!

Anteater

Capcom had a range of options and chose the quickest method to port the game online capabilities, granted no one really expect GFWL to actually go away but at least on Capcom's part they should at least fix their games for future replay-ability.

If it was me I would pull all GFWL off Steam until they were all patched with something else.

Yeah if you're talking about removing GFWL, they should really do that, especially if they want more future customers, but it's capcom :<

Absolutely this. If there is knowledge in the publisher community that the gfwl games will become unplayable, then they should be pulled from all sites. Kinda bugs me.

If gfwl is going offline within a year's time, shouldn't Microsoft say something about it?

edit: Furthermore, If Microsoft doesn't have a plan for a "fix" the issue, wouldn't it engender poor faith on the part of publishers whose games tails get cut?

Can you imagine how much more they would have sold if the sale had coincided with a removal of GFWL from their titles?

I have still got Lost Planet 1 & 2 in my cart, just waiting for some GFWL removal announcement. Can't see it happening though unfortunately.

JaseC

Ok, this is by far my favorite one.

<3

Capcom hasn't touched any of the registry apps, there is no evidence of such an announcement showing up any time soon.l

Capcom's official stance is that it's waiting on concrete details from Microsoft before deciding on what to do, which is worrisome. If MS makes it clear that people can still access the SP portions of GFWL games without issue (by way of an offline/local profile), then I don't see Capcom bothering at all.

fantomena

I have come to a conclusion where I don't buy a single more GFWL game before I get some official announcements from the pubs/devs.

WHich means I won't buy DR2: OTR before I know what's happening when GFWL dies.

Kifimbo

Games of the week. You can already add Knights and Merchants.

10/14/2013 - Talisman Digital Edition - Board game - Nomad Games/Nomad Games - $XX.XX
10/15/2013 - Two Brothers - RPG - Ackk Studios/Ackk Studios- $14.99
Em05pds.png

10/15/2013 - Tetrobot and Co. - Puzzle - Swing Swing Submarine/Swing Swing Submarine - $XX.XX
10/16/2013 - Eleusis - Adventure - Nocturnal Works/Nocturnal Works - $X.XX
10/17/2013 - Goodbye Deponia - Adventure - Daedalic/Daedalic - $XX.XX
10/17/2013 - Bad Hotel - Tower defense/Music - Lucky Frame/Lucky Frame - $XX.XX
10/17/2013 - Space Rangers HD: A War Apart - Space simulation - 1C Company/SNK-Games - $XX.XX
10/17/2013 - The Stanley Parable: HD Remix - Interactive story - Cakebread/Cakebread - $XX.XX
10/18/2013 - Pool Nation - Simulation/Sports - Cherry Pop Games/Cherry Pop Games - $9.99

chronomac

I've been thinking about getting Brothers lately and I noticed that on the game page it states, "Notice: Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons requires a controller to play." I'm just curious: how many games on Steam require a controller? I get why Brothers does, as you have to control the two and I'm not dogging it or anything, but I can't say I've seen that notice too many times before.

M*A*S*H

Doesn't the OTR dlc have to be downloaded from the gfwl marketplace? Has anyone that bought it (including the complete pack) been able use it?

JaseC

Sorry man, but the sheer joy of seeing Alexis Bledel NOT TALKING is just too much to handle. :D

I was drawing a complete blank on her name when I was trying to talk about the film with a friend the other night so I just kept saying "that Gilmore Girl".

That's a bingo.

I've been thinking about getting Brothers lately and I noticed that on the game page it states, "Notice: Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons requires a controller to play." I'm just curious: how many games on Steam require a controller? I get why Brothers does, as you have to control the two and I'm not dogging it or anything, but I can't say I've seen that notice too many times before.

Brothers doesn't require a controller, but it is a bit cumbersome to play with kb&m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom