• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
9.99 for Dead Rising Collection.... I should just wait for the Christmas Sale shouldn't I?

I'm thinking Lost Planet will go on Sale next. I would probably play that before Dead Rising.

Momentary

Banned
It's unlikely to go beyond 75% off.

Capcom's sale ends in ~an hour.

Oh crap. I thought they would hit up another sale today. I forgot that it would cause it to end on the 15th if they did that. Good thing you got my thought process going again about this now before hitting the gym. I would have been a sad panda when I got back.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am going to China tomorrow and be back in a week. Is there any purchase restrictions I should be aware of?

You'll need to ask Support to remove the region restriction on your account (by default if your IP doesn't match up with the store you're browsing, then you won't be able to complete a transaction), then it's just as simple as visiting your usual store using the ?cc=xx trick and purchasing as you normally would. Alternatively, you could use a VPN, but doing the former is a "one and done" solution as the restriction isn't reinstated.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Capcpom is having a sale in US PSN starting tomorrow.
They are on a roll.

Remember Me will be cheaper for PS+ than it was on Steam

Grief.exe

What will happen with DR2 games when GFWL shuts down?

If Capcom does nothing, you will still have access to the game but you won't be able to access multiplayer.

That is basically every GFWL game though. You will still be able to access the game through the use of offline mode, xliveless, or cracks.

Your games aren't going to spontaneously explode.

That's if Microsoft doesn't issue some kind of patch to disable the need for authentication.

RequireAuthentication=0
RequireKeyAtStartup=0
RequireGFWLAccount=0

JaseC

What will happen with DR2 games when GFWL shuts down?

DR2's MP will be useless and achievements won't be obtainable as they require an online profile, unless MS does a 180 on that, too. ;) Presumably you won't be able to download the DLC, either.

Sanjay

tumblr_mumzh8Sbe21r80xjoo5_500.gif

Hey its Beth Dawes from Mad Men.

umm, isn't that service subscription based? As in you basically pay to have discounts and free games? :p

Yes. It's <50€ a year for a million "free" games for PS3 and Vita though, so if you are playing a lot of games and don't need to "own" the games, it's an incredible value
at least in Europe, sorry US

Anteater

umm, isn't that service subscription based? As in you basically pay to have discounts and free games? :p

Yeah, I think I paid 40 bucks (or less?) for 15 months when game uk had a discount and psn was offering 3 extra free months. I got to play a shit ton of games because I barely buy games on the ps3 :lol

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
It's free for PS Plus in Europe!
at least we have the better discounts!
:( :( :(
Yes, but most of time, PS+ discounts, despite not being Steam-level, can get pretty close.
Also, the sale is for non PS+ as well, but has a lesser discount
RM is even then cheaper than it was on Steam, lol

Anyone know any good deals on X Rebirth pre-orders across the net, prior to my Steam RU guys that is.

I'm not the biggest fan of this series, so $50 sounds pretty steep considering how cheap I'm sure it will be relatively quickly like its predecessors.

Man it looks pretty interesting though, a fully alive universe sandbox.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Capcpom is having a sale in US PSN starting tomorrow.
They are on a roll.

Remember Me will be cheaper for PS+ than it was on Steam

Meanwhile, everything else is either a few dollars more than it was or totally not worth the price SCEA/Capcom wants.

Bionic Command not being $2.50 when it was for four days/this weekend. TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Capcom/Sony.

Post the fix for future generations.

Probably the same as Dark Souls: Get a version of GfWL that doesn't crash Win8.

I haven't updated my GfWL client (does it even have anymore updates) and haven't had issues with ANY GfWL titles I've bought since Dark Souls.

Razorskin

----- ------
Doesn't the OTR dlc have to be downloaded from the gfwl marketplace? Has anyone that bought it (including the complete pack) been able use it?

Doesn't look like it

This is what appears when you click the Downloadable Content tab on the main menu.

Probably the same as Dark Souls: Get a version of GfWL that doesn't crash Win8.

I haven't updated my GfWL client (does it even have anymore updates) and haven't had issues with ANY GfWL titles I've bought since Dark Souls.

Yep, don't use the GFWL install that in the game's folders.

Deques

Why not use vnc?
Remote control? I don't want to have my computer to be turned on for a week just for buying stuff

You'll need to ask Support to remove the region restriction on your account (by default if your IP doesn't match up with the store you're browsing, then you won't be able to complete a transaction), then it's just as simple as visiting your usual store using the ?cc=xx trick and purchasing as you normally would. Alternatively, you could use a VPN, but doing the former is a "one and done" solution as the restriction isn't reinstated.
VPN seems to be a solution. I hope I don't find anything interesting this week in steam

fokkusu

Planning to update Win 8.1 later this week because WDDM. How do you deal with activation / copy protections for example EA games and Rocksteady's Batmans?

JaseC

I think you actually can get achievements with an offline profile. I'm pretty sure I did it a few years ago when my Internet was down.

You can probably get them when using an online profile offline, but I doubt that'll be possible once GFWL is dead since you won't be able to sign in.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Does that mean that I just need to take a trip once and I can then forever buy from any region? Or would that be frowned upon?

JaseC

Does that mean that I just need to take a trip once and I can then forever buy from any region? Or would that be frowned upon?

From within any region, yes. To purchase something from the store of another region you also need a valid payment method based within said region, which is the tricky part.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ohhhh we're getting close to the first post saying they can't believe they missed the Capcom sale!

They ask you for a time period when you'll need it.

Turfster

Daily: Eador Masters of the Broken World 50% off
Weeklies:
  • Element4l 50% off
  • Post Apocalyptic Mayhem 75% off
  • Jagged Alliance 2 Gold 75% off
  • Jagged Alliance Online: Shadow/Ivan Edition 50% off
  • Disciples II: Gallean's Return 75% off
  • Disciples II: Rise of the Elves 75% off
  • Thirty Flights of Loving 60% off
  • Sengoku 75% off
  • Retro City Rampage 66% off
  • Little Inferno 50% off
  • Naval Warfare 50% off
  • Rig n Roll 75% off
  • Streets of Moscow 75% off
  • Death Track Resurrection 75% off
  • 1C Racing collection: The 3 games above + AIM Racing, a game you can't buy separately
  • ARES 75% off

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This hasn't been mentioned in any examples I've come across, though consistency isn't exactly Valve's strong suit.

Hmm. Now I'm trying to think back to when I needed it during a trip to Canada. I forget if I gave the time period without prompt or if they wanted it.

Either way it was a few years ago now, so things could have most certainly changed regardless.

Turfster

Is there a particular reason you're so anxious to post the weeklies first that you actually make a dummy post?
*shrug*
It keeps things nice and tidy, and I was expecting Valve to list them like the last few weeks.
Guess it didn't take long for them to forget about the whole automated thing again.
It's mostly filled in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom