• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm. Now I'm trying to think back to when I needed it during a trip to Canada. I forget if I gave the time period without prompt or if they wanted it.

Either way it was a few years ago now, so things could have most certainly changed regardless.

Ah, perhaps that was the case back then as purchases requiring a local payment method is a relatively recent measure.

Chronoja

The weeklong sales are

Disciples II: Rise of the Elves
Disciples II: Gallaens Return
Death Track: Resurrection
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
Thirty Flights of Loving
A.R.E.S
Sengoku
Naval Warfare
Element4l
Little Inferno
A.I.M Racing
Rig n Roll
Streets of Moscow
Retro City Rampage

probably more. I'll let turfster do the links and discounts since he's reserved the space.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just Elemental for me, it seems. Jagged Alliance Online's DLC is tempting since it unlocks SP content, however $30 for the lot is a bit steep and it's not available in Russia.

No, especially not the poster right above you. :O

Lords of Football is one too btw.

Football has its own week-long deal which has been running for a few days now, hence the end date of the 19th.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
Reincarnation has never been available on Steam for some reason, which is particularly odd because there's a pre-order app in the registry, so at some point selling the game via Steam was the plan.

I find it amusing that Reincarnation is the definitive version of Disciples III (it had some significant improvements made to it over vanilla Disciples III and/or Resurrection game-mechanics-wise and bug-fix-wise) and yet in the various bundles I've seen DIII in, it's either the vanilla DIII or Resurrection. And there is no upgrade path available for either of those to Reincarnation, nor much recognition that it even exists. Kind of ironic since everything in the game revolves around upgrading.

Faux Edit: Let's see if today brings a better response...

Would any kind Gaffer mind inviting me to the Steam group?

Additionally GAF friend requests as well. (As of now, I don't qualify for the beta) Thanks.

Profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198034426810/

Steam username: jameretief2005

Thorgal

I find it amusing that Reincarnation is the definitive version of Disciples III (it had some significant improvements made to it over vanilla Disciples III and/or Resurrection game mechanics-wise and bug-fix) and yet in the various bundles I've seen DIII in, it's either the vanilla DIII or Resurrection. And there is no upgrade path available for either of those to Reincarnation, nor much recognition that it even exists. Kind of ironic since everything in the game revolves around upgrading.

Faux Edit: Let's see if today brings a better response...

Would any kind Gaffer mind inviting me to the Steam group? Additionally GAF friend requests as well. (As of now, I don't qualify for the beta) Thanks.

Profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198034426810/

Steam username: jameretief2005

Done for both.

Thorgal

Got a question.

my profile name is the same as my name on GAF but my Account name(the one you log in with ) is from a long time ago and i want to change it .

Is this possible ?

koolaroo

Yay finally got into the family sharing beta. If I want to share my library with someone do they also have to be accepted into the beta?

Grief.exe

Gravity Bone > 30 flights

While we are posting opinions:

Bioshock 2 > Bioshock Infinite

Downsampled from 1440p, Bicubic Sharper

ibzcD2oSupTHlB.png

iZGjp8KIAtzEc.png

Acccent

Got a question.

my profile name is the same as my name on GAF but my Account name(the one you log in with ) is from a long time ago and i want to change it .

Is this possible ?

I'm in the same situation but no one besides yourself needs to be aware of your account name - people can befriend you with your profile name.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Itchin to get into the Family Beta, where's the notice when you get accepted pop? In-client or email?

KarmaCow

Is any of the RE6 DLC worth it? It seems to be multiplayer focused, so even if I was interested is the community dead?

Otherwise, the possible 50c discount in the winter sale compared to getting it for $8 is negligible.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is any of the RE6 DLC worth it? It seems to be multiplayer focused, so even if I was interested is the community dead?

Otherwise, the possible 50c discount in the winter sale compared to getting it for $8 is negligible.

Don't bother with any of it unless you really enjoy mercs, in that case hit the map packs only. The game modes splinter an already-dying multiplayer.

Thorgal

I'm in the same situation but no one besides yourself needs to be aware of your account name - people can befriend you with your profile name.

It just irks me when i look at it.

I was kinda hasty making my account so when my first account name was already taken i picked one that Steam created.

Now it is my old name plus some random numbers attached to it.

Don't bother with any of it unless you really enjoy mercs, in that case hit the map packs only.

I think the map DLCs are already included on PC, it's only gamemodes.

By the way, if you're into T-RPGs, one of the best ones ever made is on sale right now : Jagged Alliance 2. Be sure to pick up 1.13 over at Bear's Pit. The messy UI and complexity can be a bit overwhelming at first but scratch a bit you'll find a true gem underneath. From the B-Movie mercs with likeable personalities to the deep gameplay, I don't think we'll get another T-RPG of this magnitude anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom