• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTKT

Rocket has been quiet for the last month. They have been hiring new people and working hard.

Inside word is the release is getting very close.

It seems that they are in the final crunch and are just working 24/7 to get the first Alpha out. I hope the delay was actually worth it for the team.

I swear if Papers, Please could use one thing it would be a proper fucking tutorial sometimes. So what's the reason for your visit? "Work".

Then you point out that they need a fucking work permit and they won't present one. Then you get written up for denying them entry.

Grief.exe

I swear if Papers, Please could use one thing it would be a proper fucking tutorial sometimes. So what's the reason for your visit? "Work".

Then you point out that they need a fucking work permit and they won't present one. Then you get written up for denying them entry.

The tutorial for every day is in your book, just thumb to the right page and it will show you exactly what to do.

Turfster

Well, it is a totalitarian bureaucracy sim... So everything is in the book, which changes every day, becoming more and more convoluted.
Are you sure they were from a country needing one?
It's been a while, but wasn't it only the neighbouring country that needed one?

Point out the difference between the desk not having one and in the rule book where it says you need one. Sometimes they'll present it afterwards as you ask for it.

More Bioshock 2 screenshots because the art style is gorgeous. In terms of gameplay, I would say it is the best in the series, especially if you play on hard.
Strong recommend from me.

Bioshock 2 was never given a chance. The moment it was announced that Ken Levine wasn't involved, it was automatically labeled as shit. I enjoyed it. Fuck the haters.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Do you mean like adding something to the badge page like "If you get all of these cards they will be worth $x.xx" ?

Are you looking for an average (since every card is slightly different) or a maximum (like if you got all foils)?

More like "If I sell all those items listed on the market how much will I make".

Grief.exe

Bioshock 2 was never given a chance. The moment it was announced that Ken Levine wasn't involved, it was automatically labeled as shit. I enjoyed it. Fuck the haters.

Probably got written off on the PC side due to the poor mouse controls, GFWL, and securom.
That is understandable, those issues are quite egregious, though they have all been fixed.

Writing the game off entirely, before it is even released is unfortunate.

I did that and he still didn't provide the work permit and I still got written up :(

As I remember from playing it was easy to follow the tutorial in the back of the book, and the actions you could take were very intuitive.

If they are not presenting a work pass, open up your issue detector, I forget what it is called, and highlight the work pass requirement in your book. An option will come up to interrogate, they will either present the pass or you will deny them.

Have to agree with Campster here regarding R* and GTA PC version:

gametrailers.com/side-mission/63343/report-grand-theft-auto-v-for-pc-in-2014 … Honest question: What does R* gain by pretending they're not developing a PC release?

https://twitter.com/Campster/status/388385643878825984

Are they just trying to get people to double dip? And if so, isn't that inherently dishonest, shitty, and misleading?

https://twitter.com/Campster/status/388385752091852800

We've had constant reports for months about the wink-wink-nudge-nudge "No plans at this time" crap, and I have to wonder what the point is.

https://twitter.com/Campster/status/388385950704754688

I know it's pure business, but I still find it shitty and quite frankly disrespectful to gamers, but they seem to eat it up and will willingly double or triple dip even before an actual annyouncement anyway. smh. Not a big fan of GTA or the Housers, so probably won't be buying it.

Mugatu

Have to agree with Campster here regarding R* and GTA PC version:

https://twitter.com/Campster/status/388385643878825984

https://twitter.com/Campster/status/388385752091852800

https://twitter.com/Campster/status/388385950704754688

I know it's pure business, but I still find it shitty and quite frankly disrespectful to gamers, but they seem to eat it up and will willingly double or triple dip even before an actual annyouncement anyway. smh. Not a big fan of GTA or the Housers, so probably won't be buying it.

I think you're probably right but it could also be a case of they've been working on the old gen versions for so long they want to make sure they get a return on that before releasing a next gen/PC version.

I guess it could be seen as the same thing and they've already made more than enough money for them to have to worry but before it went on sale this might have been their approach?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
More like "If I sell all those items listed on the market how much will I make".

Ah okay so like a total at the bottom of the "Active listings" section on the marketplace? I can do that. I hadn't thought of it before but it's a good idea!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
the time has come and so have I!

man i hate how slow upgrading is in dmc4, 5k for enemy step, seriously!?

Get a 100% save and don't look back. I didn't want to regrind the Max Exceed and all that again.

Echoplx

Looks like the latest Steam beta added in home streaming support. You can't actually access it by default though.

To access it you need to do this
edit \tenfoot\resource\layout\settings\settings.xml and edit a setting you have access too to onactive "RemoteClients".

BWkQY2MCYAAkFEb.png:large

https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/389855365573402624/
https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/389860861956726785

They added a trading forum for each game hub.

New Feature: Trading Forums
We have a new feature available in the Steam Community Hubs: Trading Forums. You can find a trading forum in any game's Community Hub under the "Discussions" tab, making it an ideal place to look for trading cards for those games.

These forums also work with Trade Offers: If you have a publicly visible inventory, anyone reading your Trade forum topic will be able to send you a trade offer, even if they're not on your Steam friends list. Once you're done with your Trade topic, you can close the topic to prevent further trade offers from it. You can also find a list of your open trade topics from your Trade Offers page.

The rules for trade forums are a little different from general forums: posts do not get "bumped" when someone replies, and you are limited to one post per day in each trading forum.

If you've got any feedback on the new Trading forums, be sure to leave a note in the discussions area.

Gotten pretty far in Papers Please.

I knew should never have upgraded my apartment after letting the order pass through :(

Stupid neighbors. I swear there's nothing more rage inducing than this game when you take the time to comb over all the details to make sure the seals and serial numbers match only to miss the expiration date :/

The_Monk

Started playing a bit of Ironclads Tactics and only two-ish hours after and I'm already a bit stuck on a level fellow GAFfers. You need to manage you deck with cards you unlock by completing the levels, you get more if you do additional challenges. The way you see the game is just like a Plants VS Zombies but the challenges are indeed bigger. Without creating a good strategy it's game over pretty quick. It is also good for those with poor/weak Hardware since the game is not demanding, yet, can manage to look good.

So far I'm liking how the story is told (Comic Book Style) and the Art Style is quite simple but I really like it. It seems a decent game to play while playing others or for a quick break/change of pace. I need to play more to give a bigger opinion regarding the difficulty since it's really up to you on what cards to choose and other type of player you want to be, more risky, more conservative, etc.

Here's a random screenshot I took it & uploaded it to my Profile:

DEpX2xtl.jpg

derExperte

Started playing a bit of Ironclads Tactics and only two-ish hours after and I'm already a bit stuck on a level fellow GAFfers.

I'm not too far in myself and it starts getting difficult fast. If you want to try playing coop you could add me, don't know if the game gets easier that way or even more hectic.

MRORANGE

I was busy testing it myself and then when it didn't actually work fully I figured it wasn't worth a new thread, my bad.

No worries, it's still worth posting though even if it wasn't working.

Streaming games is actually one of things I am most interested in with Steam universe, I could have a low powered Linux client connected to the TV and run games from my rig, hopefully since it's running from home the latency will be quite small.

The_Monk

I'm not too far in myself and it starts getting difficult fast. If you want to try playing coop you could add me, don't know if the game gets easier that way or even more hectic.

I'm in a Mission where, instead of defeating the Enemy you just have to hold some turns but I end up failing the mission with 5-8 turns left. It's the first mission like that. I never played Co-op but I can try it, sure.

Acccent

Started playing a bit of Ironclads Tactics...

argh, I really need to play this at some point, I am such a huge fan of SpaceChem...

unrelatedly: I know it's off-topic, but I'm starting Pokémon too, so if you want me friend code just quote this and PM me yours :) (I know there are threads for this but you guys are the GAFfers I know)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I should've listened to my gut and not paid the $10 or even gave Operation Raccoon City the time of day knowing the developers pedigree. Goddamn it's rougher than Socom: Constipationfrontation. Ugh.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Actually, I think that guy is trying to scam, since you can't trade Steam Wallet Cash. Or is that what you find so funny?

You can buy Steam Wallet Cards and give those away. It even converts to your local currency. I bought the 4pack of PayDay2 to a gaffer like that: He gave me the codes, I redeemed them and used the funds to buy the game and gift it to him.

Bleh, Soundodger lost its appeal quicker than anything I've played in quite some time.

That's not to say it's BAD, it's just extremely limited and there's no scoring system or anything (for the most part) so the entire scope of the game is really just "beat every stage without getting hit." And that's all there is to it. It's probably worth the asking price for the soundtrack though, the visuals combined with the one classical style piece in the game gave me a wonderful feeling.

Sorry for the late replies but sleep and a visit from my sister and nephew interfered.

If you have less than zero interest why would you even waste the time downloading even for free?

Fair point, maybe I should rephrase it to say I have next to no interest in DmC.

But you are directly spending money on it. PS+ isn't free. Like people said, if you have less than zero interest why in the world would you invest you time on it. It makes absolutely no sense. You have to have some sort of interest in it.

What? How on earth would I be directly spending money on it? My money isn't going to Capcom, it's going to Sony, who would then choose, without my prior knowledge at all, to put that game on the service. It's indirect my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom