• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The aforementioned Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast titles have never been available for purchase on Steam, however Atari must have made store pages at some point since Valve employees have them. For example:

icewilddaleqpudd.jpg

I was scrolling through the thread here just before hittin the sack and I see this and start losing my shit

Then I read

:(

Sajjaja

I was scrolling through the thread here just before hittin the sack and I see this and start losing my shit

Then I read

:(

Well, according to Steam database, Icewind Dale 1 was last updated on September 11th, 2013. So.. something is there... though it could mean nothing at all.

We need Grief in here to believe for us.

Card Boy

Banned
kcjs4.png

Can't connect on either my computers and can't log in the website. I am connected to the internet as i am making this post. Never changed password, have Steam guard, haven't made a purchase for like 5 months outside a indie bundle.

Steam mobile app works. WHAT THE FUCK.

kcjs4.png

Can't connect on either my computers and can't log in the website. I am connected to the internet as i am making this post. Never changed password, have Steam guard, haven't made a purchase for like 5 months outside a indie bundle.

Same. I can log into the site though, just not Steam itself.

GuardsmanGreg

Neo Member
kcjs4.png

I'm having the same issue. I think Steam's authentication servers(or something similar) are acting up ATM.

EDIT: It's up for me now. Might wanna give it a try now.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
So apparently after the short Steam outage, I now have the Pillar of The Community Badge by completing 22 of 0 tasks...interesting.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seems like Eador: Genesis is available for purchase

I thought it was only pre-order bonus for Eador: Masters of the Broken World, and also from Groupees.

Snowbird was originally told that if it wanted to distribute Genesis on Steam the game would need to be a pre-purchase incentive (which, incidentally, is the push I needed to pre-order Broken World):

Unfortunately, it won't be. We tried to get Genesis on Steam separately but getting it with MotBW pre-purchase was the only deal Steam has agreed on.

Nice to see some consistency seeing as the original Euro Truck Sim was released sans Greenlight.

The aforementioned Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast titles have never been available for purchase on Steam, however Atari must have made store pages at some point since Valve employees have them. For example:

icewilddaleqpudd.jpg
Eventhough there is a community page, its pretty dead. Maybe it'll be on the store someday.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do you guys think State of Decay will be on sale on Halloween?

I think a discount is likely given it's a belated port. The game itself is four months old so it should be half off, but given the Early Access state I'm expecting either 33% or 40%.

Eventhough there is a community page, its pretty dead. Maybe it'll be on the store someday.

Yeah, as I mentioned earlier I think there's just some distribution rights issues to sort out with Atari.

Knurek

I'm just not feeling Mark of the Ninja for some reason.

The game is great, no doubt about it, I'm having up sneaking up to and disposing of the henchmen, but I just can't bring myself to start the game whenever my game time comes up.

Anyone else feel that way?

The game is great, no doubt about it, I'm having up sneaking up to and disposing of the henchmen, but I just can't bring myself to start the game whenever my game time comes up.

I felt the same. Quality game and all I could ask for out of a stealth title...I just apparently don't enjoy stealth titles.

Jawmuncher

I was in the same boat.
I mean I did beat it, but the entire time I played it was met with.
This is "good" but not really for me.

Jesus, Assassin's Creed 3's beginning just drags on and on. I've been playing the game for five hours now according to Steam and the main campaign hasn't even started.

Arthea

I haven't finished it yet, it's a great game and I like it and I like stealth games. What stops me from finishing it, it's big score loss for every mistake, I get exasperated and just quit. Never new I was so attached to score until MotN, kinda funny.
That was half joke /\
On the more serious note, I think it's better to play in short bursts, in spite of how good gameplay is, it gets a little repetitive later on.

Jesus, Assassin's Creed 3's beginning just drags on and on. I've been playing the game for five hours now according to Steam and the main campaign hasn't even started.

Stopped playing ~5 hours in myself, just couldn't brink myself to play it any longer. Then again I thought first one was incredibly boring.

Q_Q I miss his store so much. There are other straight up guys on GAF doing a similar thing, but they're missing that certain something.

Dunder, you ever going to do that post about how to trade for fun and profit? Did I miss it if you already did?
He posted it. Basically, you buy the keys on the "blackmarket" (there are a few sites where keys sell for $1.75-$1.80), then trade with the Russians for cheap copies. The cheap keys mean you can offer the games for less than the regular resellers. Dunder was a good guy, he sold at a price where he made very little profit, but it does take a lot of time, buying and finding traders. Traders can get their account locked for buying too many copies within a period of time, so that can be a problem. Dunder talk taking over this thread and the B/S/T was also an issue.

Anyone can do it, though buying keys from randoms is a risky prospect. I only get keys through trading, keep it on the safe side.

DocSeuss

Stopped playing ~5 hours in myself, just couldn't brink myself to play it any longer. Then again I thought first one was incredibly boring.

The first one was incredibly boring.

Me, I don't like not completing games--and I loathed Revelations.

AC3 is weird in that the first ten hours or so are like "okay, so there are a few good ideas, and I really love the boats, but I'm not seeing what Ubisoft was so good here."

Then, after a while, things start to pick up. You start really exploring the optional missions, and there's a lot to discover, as I've found out today. It's sad that I'm in the top 10% of all traders--I've only sent like fifteen convoys total, loaded up with nothing more than pelts.

AC3's biggest problems seem to stem from the lack of proper communication (it communicates a LOT of stuff, just not the right stuff--I've opened like five hundred locks; believe me, I've got that down) and the inability to pace anything properly. I'm on Chapter 10 of 12 of the game, and I've only just now really begun to do All The Other Things. It turns out that AC3 has a lot of things to do; it just didn't communicate them well or encourage me to try them out the way it should.

The minigames suck completely, though. I haven't won a single one of them; the AI definitely cheats with Bowling.

Also, climbing doesn't seem quite right; it's almost too twitchy, and I seem to be making a lot more mistakes than I did in the previous game. Plus, there are way more... like... "balance" animations, as if the character has to take time to orient himself and begin climbing. Jump across a chasm and grab on to a branch, and you'll swing about a bit before pulling yourself up. Realistically, it makes sense, but AC3 doesn't allow for quite as much roof traversal as previous games, so this ultimately means that you get slowed down a lot more than you should. This ultimately makes chasing after papers really annoying.

The boat missions are incredible, and so good that I would actively buy AC4 on day one if I had the cash, despite AC3's bloat and flaws, simply because I want more of that. But also because I was asking for a Jamaican Assassin's Creed back around Brotherhood's time frame, back when everyone else was speculating that we'd see the French or American revolutions next. So I feel like ACIV is 'my' AC.

Neat game; I hated it when I started it, but now that I'm actively seeking out the non-campaign content (I hate this game's stealth; it's among the worst stealth ever designed), focusing on things like getting my Homestead up to snuff, or recruiting and using assassins, or upgrading my boat and taking it out on the high seas... I'm having a lot more fun.

I dare say I like AC3 now.

def sim

The homestead content is great. My favorite parts of the AC games increasingly have little to do with the assassin aspect, I find.

Arthea

I dare say I like AC3 now.

I can't agree with you more on some points, especially part of orienting/positioning character gets annoying. Also exactly my thought: does minigames really have to suck so much?
I like gambling in my games, but it was mistake to overuse "go" that much.
Not sure I'll get back to it, though

I'm sorry you fellow GAFers ^^^^^ are not enjoying MOTN/did not enjoy MOTN as much as I am because I am having an absolute blast! It has completely grabbed my imagination and has made me its bitch! I've been re-playing earlier missions to unlock everything and hone my skills and am somewhat sad that the plot seems to be telling me that I am at the last mission. However, I suspect that I might not quite be *wink wink* so that's a relief.

Oh well, one man's meat and all that :).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Can I give away other stuff than steam codes with modbot (like Club Nintendo Codes) or does the encryption only work for a certain form of code?

Grief.exe

Can I give away other stuff than steam codes with modbot (like Club Nintendo Codes) or does the encryption only work for a certain form of code?

It should work, but it has to be done in threads that are tagged for modbot. Only a few of us can add threads for modbot to attack.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It should work, but it has to be done in threads that are tagged for modbot. Only a few of us can add threads for modbot to attack.

ah, ok. doesn't make much sense to give them away here though. Would be you or Salsa lol

ah fuck it, do you want WWHD and (possibly - haven't actually checked cover for it yet) pokemon y code(s)?

Grief.exe

Nabs is right, looking at the depots they are patching it is all related to a Mac patch.

The depot numbers are along the left side, and correspond to Mac depots, example: Mac_Binaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom