• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

Stay frosty, this generally means they are pushing a patch through

tThxLxP.png

Awesome! Sounds good.

Grief, you living on Cloud 10 now? Hearthstone invite, free Club Nintendo codes, possible B:AC patch coming through?

EDIT: 2/3?

Grief.exe

Grief, you living on Cloud 10 now? Hearthstone invite, free Club Nintendo codes, possible B:AC patch coming through?

I am on cloud fucking tired and want to go to bed lol

It has been a great night. The only reason I am awake right now is because of Hearthstone.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yo, JaseC

By my count, this leaves:

- Anachronox
- Gangsters: Organised Crime
- Pandemonium 2
- Project Eden
- Total Overdose

That's dedication if I've ever seen one. And after?
I assume you own everything on gog and desura already!

Haha, my GOG library is second to Steam, but I only own a few-dozen games or so and haven't purchased something in quite a while. I thought I'd end up spending more on GOG than Steam throughout 2012, but so much for that.

Grief.exe

Thanks for the link Nabs, I'm going to keep it bookmarked.

Essentially they tried to hide it from us, just like with Enslaved. I never bothered bookmarking it because the sub was labeled and came up in the search. About 12 days ago they removed the app name of FFVIII and deleted all client icons.

12 days ago App was deleted, previous name: FINAL FANTASY VIII

Grief.exe

Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697483

header_292x136.jpg

Revisit the Moscow Metro in these three original missions – play as Anna, Pavel and Khan with Ulman in these gripping side stories to Artyom’s quest.
The Chronicles Pack includes three original single-player missions, each from the perspective of a different character from the Metro story. Play as Anna, Pavel, and Khan with Ulman at your side in these gripping side stories to Artyom’s quest. Note: This purchasable item is included in the Season Pass

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222807/

JaseC

So not only can I not invite people to groups using Firefox/IE, I also can't accept trade offers. :/

Tomodachi

I'm just not feeling Mark of the Ninja for some reason.

The game is great, no doubt about it, I'm having up sneaking up to and disposing of the henchmen, but I just can't bring myself to start the game whenever my game time comes up.

Anyone else feel that way?
Same here. I usually like stealth games a lot but for some reason I didn't enjoy MotN as many people over here on gaf, even though I recognize its worth.

Very similar to what happened between me and The Last of Us, now that I think about it.

Grief.exe

Anyone recognize these achivements?

http://steamdb.info/app/252670/#section_subs

• "YOU_ARE_BORN",
  • "EXAMPLE_1",
  • "DEATH_BRINGER",
  • "EASTER_EGG",
  • "FEED_ME_SEYMOUR",
  • "MASTER_OF_COLORS",
  • "PACIFIST",
  • "REBOUND_KING",
  • "SECRET_LANGUAGE",
  • "SNAIL_SLAYER",
  • "VOID_IS_HARD",
  • "CHAPTER_5_VOID",
  • "CHAPTER_5_NORMAL",
  • "CHAPTER_4_VOID",
  • "AGAINST_THE_CURRENT",
  • "BEAT_STORY",
  • "CAROM_SHOT",
  • "CHAPTER_1_NORMAL",
  • "CHAPTER_1_VOID",
  • "CHAPTER_2_NORMAL",
  • "CHAPTER_2_VOID",
  • "CHAPTER_3_NORMAL",
  • "CHAPTER_3_VOID",
  • "CHAPTER_4_NORMAL",

Grief.exe

Bumping this to next page. New Last Light DLC just dropped, last of the Season Pass apparently.

Thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697483

header_292x136.jpg

Revisit the Moscow Metro in these three original missions – play as Anna, Pavel and Khan with Ulman in these gripping side stories to Artyom’s quest.
The Chronicles Pack includes three original single-player missions, each from the perspective of a different character from the Metro story. Play as Anna, Pavel, and Khan with Ulman at your side in these gripping side stories to Artyom’s quest. Note: This purchasable item is included in the Season Pass

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222807/

qazqaNii

Guys, anyone got issues with their total hrs played on any game? I get 99 hrs on almost every game that I haven't even played for 10.

Am sad.

JaseC

Guys, anyone got issues with their total hrs played on any game? I get 99 hrs on almost every game that I haven't even played for 10.

Am sad.

Everybody does, but the figures return to normal once you load up the games.

Nillansan

RPS X Rebirth Hands On.

I am getting pretty hyped about this one. Here's a few interesting tidbits.

Craig Pearson said:
With X Rebirth a capital ship can have over 100 discrete surface elements that can be individually targeted and destroyed. If you want to trap a capital ship where it is and prevent it from escaping, the player can target and destroy its jumpdrive and engines. If the ship is heavily armed, the player’s best course of action could be to destroy some of its turrets first.

Craig Pearson said:
A squeeze of the trigger and I can tell that Rebirth’s combat is going to feel satisfying: a metallic scree flies out from the mounted cannon, sounding like nails in a blender. As it strikes the drone, I can make out the shards ricocheting off, flying into space. There’s an extraordinary amount of detail.

Craig Pearson said:
I slip between the station’s spokes, admiring the construction and being utterly thrown by the notion that this sprawl of industry, by far the biggest thing I’ve ever seen in an X game, could be built by a player. But it’s true: every station you’ve seen in trailers and screenshots is indicative of what the game will enable you to build. You just need the skill.

Craig Pearson said:
My ship was now docked on the side of the station, and I’m walking about in first-person on a little pad with a few NPCs. It’s only then that I notice that the fight I ignored is going on around me. I stand and stare, forgetting the conversation and watching the station’s automated defences lashing out at the intruders. It’s the first glimpse I have at the wider universe going about its business, something I was worried I wouldn’t get to see. I take a great deal of joy in discovering it in a guided demo, because it shows that Rebirth’s heart is in the right place. You don’t play this sort of game to be the centre of the universe, but to be part of the world. To be able to find it in what should be a scripted sequence of events is incredibly heartening.

MNC

RPS X Rebirth Hands On.

I am getting pretty hyped about this one. Here's a few interesting tidbits.

It's pretty weird. I call myself a big X fan even though I've only played X3:TC, and never got past the first mission, but do have like, 50 hours in it, just cruising through space. Yeah, okay, I'm not really a fan, but I just love these games; they're are so vast and amazing. I fucking LOVE space sims and I cannot wait for X: Rebirth.

The summer cards are still at the same price and the foil cards seem to have gone down a lot. Don't get into economics people.

There were some people who have bought cards before the summersale for like 50$ and thought that the more people have access to it, the bigger the demand was and the higher the price would be....

Sucks to be them ;)

JaseC

There were some people who have bought cards before the summersale for like 50$ and thought that the more people have access to it, the bigger the demand was and the higher the price would be....

Sucks to be them ;)

I bought a spare set of foils as the Summer Sale ended. I'm in it for the long haul. ;)

JaseC

Actually... I seem not to have this problem, otoh, may be I haven't noticed.

I didn't pick up on it until I hemmed and hawed over launching Extraction Point and noticed I'd apparently sunk 9 hours into it.

Edit: D'oh, I was supposed to switch tabs.

Sajjaja

Sucks to be them ;)

How does that even make sense? If more people have access to it, demand wouldn't go up, but down, and with that price. Exclusivity drives price up.

derExperte

How does that even make sense? If more people have access to it, demand wouldn't go up, but down, and with that price. Exclusivity drives price up.

We didn't know back then how you would be able to aquire the mystery cards. Maybe they were going to be hard to get or give out some awesome rewards. I bought a whole set, wasn't the best idea but you live and learn. Okay, I didn't really learn and bought a set of Getaway foils which are now worth half of what I payed but it's only card money.

If there was actually some use to those cards besides leveling up,more friends and higher chance to get booster the prices would go up.

If Valve announces a Winter Sale like the one in 2011 just with cards instead of achievements... then we would have skyrocketing prices for those cards.

Dr Dogg

I don't get Resident Evil 6. The opening Prelude chapter really sets the game up to be pretty bad. Really bad and inconsistent textures, awful lighting effects that sometimes flick on and off in relation to camera placement, redundant tutorial section on how to move the character which despite saying push forwards to move forward you can pull back and Leon still moves forward.

Then you get into the game proper and it's gorgeous to look at, oozes atmosphere, has probably the best controls in the series and a melee system that's up there with Condemned. I don't want to be too hasty to judge but it's going to have to do something pretty awful to justify it's hate for me.

Yeah it's not the series it started out as that everyone loved but I'm not sure how many sane people loved it for it's controls over its schlock script and setting.

Ok my hype has seriously increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom