• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you get into the game proper and it's gorgeous to look at, oozes atmosphere, has probably the best controls in the series and a melee system that's up there with Condemned. I don't want to be too hasty to judge but it's going to have to do something pretty awful to justify it's hate for me.

All the different acts were developed by different teams at Capcom. So you really have a inconsequent game.

Like some acts are good, some are awful.

First steam game I've bothered :D

capture6aauj.png
Nice, welcome to the club.

The wait for Escape Goat 2 begins.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
How does that even make sense? If more people have access to it, demand wouldn't go up, but down, and with that price. Exclusivity drives price up.
More people having access to the card game doesn't necessarily mean they've got free access to the summer sale cards. Everyone who joined Steam after the sale or simply didn't vote/buy enough during it to get the badge would be potential customers in the eyes of speculators. You know how some people in this very thread get about acquiring Steam games that are no longer available for sale... ;)

...The problem is that there are approximately 5 people who care about that and 568,000+ cards on the market (and that's not even counting cards hoarded in peoples' inventories).

FloatOn

How is the lag handled? Because for me in PvP Dark Souls I could get stabbed and yet my opponent was never even close to my back :/

I would say it's better than dark souls lag for sure. The way one of the lobbies works is that there is something like 30 or so people in this somewhat large map and you go around challenging people to duels.

When I was playing I'm pretty sure one of the devs was on voice chat teaching people how to play, so I think eventually the community will be really great.

I can't wait for them to add more than the current 3 fighters.

Dr Dogg

All the different acts were developed by different teams at Capcom. So you really have a inconsequent game.

Like some acts are good, some are awful.

Yeah I've heard it's very up and down. But I've tried to put it all to one side and just play it for myself.

...The problem is that there are approximately 5 people who care about that and 568,000+ cards on the market (and that's not even counting cards hoarded in peoples' inventories).

Hey I was lead to believe that we were going to be getting folders to show off our failures to form social bonds and swapsies. My inventory is a bloody mess.
Though you are right I am a hoarder.

How difficult was it? 5.6hrs seems rather short for 100%, I might try to go for that too.

Pretty straight forward. I think it was something like:

* 1.5 hours first run through
* 1 hour cleaning up achievements (a couple are tricky till you know how)
* 1.5 hours doing the 45min speed run (I didn't make it the first time so had to do it again)
* Rest was card idling time.

So all up not much of an investment but one that is very well worth the time.

Sajjaja

We didn't know back then how you would be able to aquire the mystery cards. Maybe they were going to be hard to get or give out some awesome rewards. I bought a whole set, wasn't the best idea but you live and learn. Okay, I didn't really learn and bought a set of Getaway foils which are now worth half of what I payed but it's only card money.

tumblr_mbwr97AsJE1r8l821o1_400.gif

More people having access to the card game doesn't necessarily mean they've got free access to the summer sale cards. Everyone who joined Steam after the sale or simply didn't vote/buy enough during it to get the badge would be potential customers in the eyes of speculators. You know how some people in this very thread get about acquiring Steam games that are no longer available for sale... ;)

Sure but potential customers after the prices have crashed from the people who bombed the market prior to these "potential customers" entering the market lol

And then of course, like you said, no one that gives a crap about cards anyways.

Jawmuncher

Rising Star Games twitter said the 10% off is the same price it's going to have for the halloween sale. So if you're are waiting on that then I guess theres no reason to.
Since the Preorder includes the Deluxe whatever that is.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I would say it's better than dark souls lag for sure. The way one of the lobbies works is that there is something like 30 or so people in this somewhat large map and you go around challenging people to duels.

When I was playing I'm pretty sure one of the devs was on voice chat teaching people how to play, so I think eventually the community will be really great.

I can't wait for them to add more than the current 3 fighters.

That's good to hear because the game looks very cool to play.

The_Monk

Hello good people, is there going to be a new Humble bundle in around 2 Days? Did I miss any info or guesses?

Also, is the $6 the default BTA average from now on? I'm just curious since I won't be at home when (if) the new bundle will be Live and I've been avoiding all the bundles so far, only got the latest one (below the average...).

JustinBB7

Damn Urban Chaos, I played the demo over and over as a kid. There was a motherfucking zipline in it.

Kinda want to buy it but it might just be the nostalgia wanting it. Dunno if it's still any good.. since I only played the demo.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

More people would care if boosters would drop to where they didn't have to spend more money to get badges (that are pointless) to gain boosters to give extra cards to people.

I mean "get more boosters when more badges are created by the community!" Neat idea... except no one is really getting boosters. So...

honorless

Hey I was lead to believe that we were going to be getting folders to show off our failures to form social bonds and swapsies. My inventory is a bloody mess.
Though you are right I am a hoarder.
What kinda sucks is that I'm one of those weirdos who is really interested in "swapsies"—I think it's fun! But since so many games got cards within such a short period of time it became too much of a PITA to arrange trades for anything but summer sale cards. In the GAF thread people were just getting fed up and listing on the market because it was easier. I haven't looked into it for a while though since I haven't been playing games with drops and nobody wants McPixel cards.

...Steam does need a way to destroy inventory items though. Make it so you have to have Steam Guard on and verify each item if they're super-concerned about bad behavior. Store it with a "deleted" flag for thirty days just in case. Something.

Sure but potential customers after the prices have crashed from the people who bombed the market prior to these "potential customers" entering the market lol
To be fair, I'm not sure anyone predicted the sheer number of cards out there. 50,000+ extra of every card is kinda nuts.

derExperte

...Steam does need a way to destroy inventory items though. Make it so you have to have Steam Guard on and verify each item if they're super-concerned about bad behavior. Store it with a "deleted" flag for thirty days just in case. Something.

Send your trash to Trashbot. He's the best. I agree with everything else, trading is too much work, I buy and sell what I need.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I still craft badges every so often. I recently took my CSGO one to level 5 this discussion got me to go finish level 2 of my Blops 2 badge.

I've levelled up my Port Royale 3 badge four times now. Twice I've received weed and twice I've not received weed, so I'm wondering where my fifth and final attempt will land.

Deques

Seems like the new way to trade cards worked well. I have sent 5 trade offers, 3 were accepted. One got cancelled since I got a trade offer for the same card

Jawmuncher

It includes the soundtrack, nothing else.

Think I can hold out for the winter sale then.
Already grabbed Agarest War and can't even play it just to support more of that.
(Though the preorder incentive was much better there)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If were talking about steam items from badges I still say they need to make a crafting system out of it. Stuff like the Icons and Wallpapers can get pretty damn useless.
I wouldn't mind crafting 10 wallpapers or something for a random card. Just as an example.

JaseC

Dear JaseC

We thought you would like to know that the following items have been successfully processed and will shortly be dispatched to you by Royal Mail First Class post.
Item :
007LPC James Bond: 007 Legends (PC)

If there were other items on your order, then these items will be dispatched separately and you will receive further dispatch eMails to let you know when these items have been shipped.

XR9sJjE.jpg

I'm pretty sure Salsa can hook you up with that.

I think he sold all of it to buy the Pokeymons.

FloatOn

Thanks love!

For people who have Blade Symphony, how the hell do you get past the block tutorial? Holding the right mouse button seems useless :/

Just saw this.

Wish I could help but a tutorial wasn't even in place when I played around with it. Blocking in General did seem a bit tough to pull off. I had much more success with jumping/running around and attacking like a madman

honorless

More people would care if boosters would drop to where they didn't have to spend more money to get badges (that are pointless) to gain boosters to give extra cards to people.

I mean "get more boosters when more badges are created by the community!" Neat idea... except no one is really getting boosters. So...
Yeah, there's a glut of cards on the market collecting dust because most people aren't willing to throw money away on digital cosmetics, and the ones who would normally become "whales" in F2P parlance are prevented from spending enough to compensate for the rest of us by the level 5 cap on badges. I haven't gotten a booster in months.

Not sure how to fix any of that though, outside of making it so boosters drop more frequently for people who don't sell cards (or people who sell cards, then buy others explicitly to forge badges).

Send your trash to Trashbot.
Bandaid solution. If there was a way to simply destroy items there'd be no need for bot accounts to act as landfills. I am watching that account out of the corner of my eye to see if the inventory cap is a low enough number for Trashbot to hit though!

TheSeks

Speaking of bots. TF2 bots are apparently being targeted by Valve as "Scammers" made me laugh a little bit. But if Valve is going to give me dupe drops of shit, I'm going to turn those into "scrap" and then pay said scrap for two items that I don't have in return. Come on Valve...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

EARLY ACCESS - 13$ / 20$ / 50$

What the developers say:

“Greetings Magickans!
We've just hit Alpha with the Wizard Wars, spells are now fully lethal though. During the coming days and weeks we will continue to add features and tweaks together with you. In the main menu there's always a "Feedback" button available which we respond to in weekly updates. If you decide to support us by getting the Founder Wizard or Founder Grand Headmaster Packs we will also discuss changes in depth in the forum with you.”

Magicka: Wizard Wars is a Spellcasting Action PvP game with the humor and the dynamic realtime spell system of Magicka. Players form teams of four and blaze their way across the battlefield, combining magical elements on the fly to create hundreds of spell combinations with wildly varying effects.

Each player can personalize their wizard with unique gear and Magicks, complete with tongue-in-cheek references to popular media and current events.

With friendly fire, short rounds and unpredictable strategies, Wizard Wars gives both novice players and experienced MOBA veterans a unique tactical depth in every encounter.

I just think its too late for that now.

I mean you have 2 of the biggest MOBAs for free. While I think the magic-system of Magicka could make a fun game, why should I spent like 13$ on a Game, where you cant even be sure that there will be a big community and could be dead in 6 months.

Can Ubi Steam games now be activated independently on Uplay yet (As in, if they were just Uplay purchased games rather than Steam)? I'm not insane, but I'm looking at buying a AC4 DDE key from a trader (Rash, after seeing him mentioned in this thread in fact), but a bit unsure if a) It is definitely a RoW key b) how DLC will be affected down the line. If I can get it to register in Uplay and bypass Steam and any region locks (none in Uplay from what I've read up), I shouldn't have an issue with DLC later on as I'll just get it through Uplay if Steam doesn't allow me to. Not hugely worried about using it, as I've got all the previous AC's activated through there.

TheSeks

Yeah, there's a glut of cards on the market collecting dust because most people aren't willing to throw money away on digital cosmetics, and the ones who would normally become "whales" in F2P parlance are prevented from spending enough to compensate for the rest of us by the level 5 cap on badges. I haven't gotten a booster in months.

Not sure how to fix any of that though, outside of making it so boosters drop more frequently for people who don't sell cards (or people who sell cards, then buy others explicitly to forge badges).

Thinking on it: Why doesn't Valve just let you buy booster packs? It'd be similar to how real-trading cards work. Buy a booster pack, get a random chance of a set number of card drops giving you what you want. The rest can be given away. It'd be much better than the current booster pack system and maybe felicitate trades for things you don't want/dupes to gain badges.

But they have to revamp the current ass trading window system before even thinking of doing this...

derExperte

Thinking on it: Why doesn't Valve just let you buy booster packs? It'd be similar to how real-trading cards work. Buy a booster pack, get a random chance of a set number of card drops giving you what you want. The rest can be given away. It'd be much better than the current booster pack system and maybe felicitate trades for things you don't want/dupes to gain badges.

But they have to revamp the current ass trading window system before even thinking of doing this...

But at what price? You always get three cards but their value depends heavily on the game.

Turfster

Hello good people, is there going to be a new Humble bundle in around 2 Days? Did I miss any info or guesses?

Also, is the $6 the default BTA average from now on? I'm just curious since I won't be at home when (if) the new bundle will be Live and I've been avoiding all the bundles so far, only got the latest one (below the average...).
Since no-one else seems to have answered...
Hopefully, but we don't know yet. There was something about Magic cards in their twitter feed, and there's a Hothead bundle (DeathSpank, Baconing, RainSlick Precipice 1-2) in the steam DB (which will probably be one of the weekly deals), but other than that, we haven't really had any more information.

As for the $6 "BTA" value, it seems to be that way for the publisher bundles. The 'real' humble bundle still seems to be some kind of BTA.

JaseC

EARLY ACCESS - 13$ / 20$ / 50$

Will buy before it inevitably goes F2P.

Can Ubi Steam games now be activated independently on Uplay yet (As in, if they were just Uplay purchased games rather than Steam)? I'm not insane, but I'm looking at buying a AC4 DDE key from a trader (Rash, after seeing him mentioned in this thread in fact), but a bit unsure if a) It is definitely a RoW key b) how DLC will be affected down the line. If I can get it to register in Uplay and bypass Steam and any region locks (none in Uplay from what I've read up), I shouldn't have an issue with DLC later on as I'll just get it through Uplay if Steam doesn't allow me to. Not hugely worried about using it, as I've got all the previous AC's activated through there.

I assume Steam Uplay keys would redeem just fine on Uplay itself since they're one and the same, however the Steam versions of such titles, even though they now propagate to your Uplay library, need to be run through the client -- they're functionally separate to the "proper" Uplay versions. Rash sells the RU flavour of Black Flag but it isn't region-locked in any way and uses the same app as seen in the other packages, which is where you would otherwise encounter issues with region-specific DLC.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Damn, Grid 2 looks pretty ridiculous locked at 60 with perfect image quality on my 42 in plasma. I might actually finish this one's campaign.

Thanks #familysharing!

The_Monk

Since no-one else seems to have answered...
Hopefully, but we don't know yet. There was something about Magic cards in their twitter feed, and there's a Hothead bundle (DeathSpank, Baconing, RainSlick Precpice 1-2) in the steam DB (which will probably be one of the weekly deals), but other than that, we haven't really had any more information.

As for the $6 "BTA" value, it seems to be that way for the publisher bundles. The 'real' humble bundle still seems to be some kind of BTA.

Thank you for answering, I was wondering about the BTA since I won't be home for some time after (if) the bundle is Live.

Derrick01

Banned
The summer cards are still at the same price and the foil cards seem to have gone down a lot. Don't get into economics people.

About a month or two ago I realized these prices were almost never going to go back up, not just the summer cards but cards in general, so I sold all of mine. People are idiots and they completely crushed the prices with their races to the bottom and it'll never get better as long as these batch of idiots still participate in the card stuff. That or Valve does something to spark such an outrageous demand for cards that the batch of idiots can't crush the prices as fast as people are buying cards.

I assume Steam Uplay keys would redeem just fine on Uplay itself since they're one and the same, however the Steam versions of such titles, even though they now propagate to your Uplay library, need to be run through the client -- they're functionally separate to the "proper" Uplay versions. Rash sells the RU flavour of Black Flag but it isn't region-locked in any way and uses the same app as seen in the other packages, which is where you would otherwise encounter issues with region-specific DLC.

Ah cheers Jase, wasn't sure if you could go roundabout and activate the key in Uplay, uninstall from Steam then install via the Uplay client. But I didn't realise it was the AppID that caused the DLC issue, thought it was the region locked SubID. If that's the case, I can avoid all this muck around and just grab a copy from Rash.

JaseC

Ah cheers Jase, wasn't sure if you could go roundabout and activate the key in Uplay, uninstall from Steam then install via the Uplay client. But I didn't realise it was the AppID that caused the DLC issue, thought it was the region locked SubID. If that's the case, I can avoid all this muck around and just grab a copy from Rash.

To illustrate the first point, here's what happens when you try to run a Steam Uplay game from within the Uplay client:

ac3steamuplaym4kjy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom