• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

Steam inventory is always buggy as fuck for me. Saying I have more items than I really do, and now my steam inventory tab is just gone, can only view tf2 and portal 2.

Tenrius

So zero risk involved?

I've spent a ton on my account. Don't even want a small restriction.

Those restrictions are for cases when you buy something directly from another region, with a proxy, VPN or whatever. Being gifted something is totally ok.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So zero risk involved?

I've spent a ton on my account. Don't even want a small restriction.

Zero risk*. As I edited into my post, though, there are region-locking measures available to publishers (see here), however none of them apply to State of Decay.

* Purchasing from another user always carries an inherent risk, however if you buy using keys or other Steam items rather than the likes of PayPal, then you have a safety net as if you do get scammed in some way, you can ask Valve to reverse the trade. If you find yourself worried about who to trust, you can use Steam Trades, which has an obvious feedback system (e.g. a user with (+50/-0) next to his/her name has received 50 positive comments and 0 negative), or you can use sites like Steam Rep to help make an informed decision.

Enco

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll go for it. Can't beat the price of 6 keys.

I would never trade for game serial keys or with real money.

Tecl0n

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll go for it. Can't beat the price of 6 keys.

I would never trade for game serial keys or with real money.

Once you start to counter each price of games you want to possible key value, it's quite fun.

Turfster

Daily: Ace Combat Assault Horizon 75% off
Midweek:
  • Terraria 75% off
  • Dust 66% off

Double Fine's Space Base DF-9 is going to Steam Early Access. The prototype from the Fortnight was fun, if sort of limited. Looking forward to getting this when it's done.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Interesting. It seems that, if you're part of the Family Beta, any account that logins into a computer that's allowed to share your library is also into the Family Beta (in other words, they can share their game accounts as well).

Too bad I can't confirm that. I wonder when my invite will come through.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Interesting. It seems that, if you're part of the Family Beta, any account that logins into a computer that's allowed to share your library is also into the Family Beta (in other words, they can share their game accounts as well).

Too bad I can't confirm that. I wonder when my invite will come through.
No that is not the case. To share your games you must be in the beta.

Your games can be shared with anyone, though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do we know what is happing with Ace combat with gfwl is stoned to death? That is just the right price to bite, unless it'll be a dodo.

Nope. Thus far the only games with known plans are:

- Batman: Arkham Asylum/City GOTY: GFWL being patched out and replaced with Steamworks (unconfirmed but obvious at this point)
- BioShock 2: GFWL already patched out and replaced with Steamworks
- Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet: GFWL being patched out (Steamworks unconfirmed at this stage)
- Capcom's stuff: Waiting on concrete details from Microsoft regarding the sunsetting of GFWL

Hope that Hothead bundle is the weekly. Wanted to get the whole PA series on Steam, but I don't think the first two games were discounted at all during the summer sale.

Turfster

What the hell. It's tuesday, but HumbleBundle updated...
Humble Bundle 7 for Android/Windows/Linux/Mac
Separate keys for everything
$1 tier
  • Ticket to Ride + 1910 DLC
  • Greed corp
  • Incredipede
  • Anodyne
BTA: Currently 6.76$
  • Worms Reloaded
  • Bard's tale
All the games include soundtracks.

Eanan

What the hell. It's tuesday, but HumbleBundle updated...
New Humble Android Bundle with Windows/Mac/Linux versions, doesn't seem to include steam keys even tho some of those games are definitely on it... The wording is... not very clear, and I'm not seeing any steam icons like we'd usually do...

I just tested with 0.01 in the price box and it said:
You must pay more than $1.00 to get Steam keys

So I assume theres steam games there?

1337Sauce

Woooooooo, just got in to the Family Sharing Beta today! Any way to go about finding people to share with here on GAF or do we not really talk about this haha?

EDIT: Nevermind just found out that you have to physically log in to the account on your own computer :(

Eanan

Yeah, I just checked the trailer video, and it says they redeem on Steam.
Updated the list.

Yup

dUOsRBj.png

chronomac

Already had these:
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Anodyne -- MB-E1590ECFFD49FDD0 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Greed Corp -- MB-D16830AB3DB9CED0 - Taken by angular graphics
Enjoy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have a 66% off coupon for Divekick.

I'll trade it for... uh... 5 Random Steam Cards. That seems like a trade. Yes.

Can I even post trades in here?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enjoy! Whoever wins Ticket to Ride, PM me and I'll send the DLC as well.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Anodyne -- MB-CDB99895EF4EB325 - Taken by Altazor
Ticket To Ride -- MB-14582010D2157A55 - Taken by Purkake4
Greed Corp -- MB-763A2053F8612F04 - Taken by Eanan - Taken by Eanan

I've hit the breaking point everyone, I own too many games. I was just looking over all of my games on Steam at work (because why work at work right?) and I haven't beat 75% of them yet. Thats probably 300 games at least. I need to write down a list to start beating them.

fantomena

Not sure if postet yet, but if you sign your e-mail here you will get a free Steam code sendt on e-mail when Yet Another Zombie Defense has been greenlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom