• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh god, he's (the one and only) Robin Hood!
I'm almost sold on this, even if I saw Men in Tights dubbed so I don't even know what his voice sounds like.
Guess I'll wait a bit more to see if BTA goes around 5$!

tumblr_m77brbN7qa1qbpnx0o1_500.gif

The Bard's Tale game has a similar quirky sense of humor.

$15 left on the Steam Wallet....I can't decide if I should get Skullgirls or not since I'm so fucking bad at fighting games, it is hilarious.

I was in the same boat. I got Skullgirls and the learning curve is definitely there, but there's a very comprehensive tutorial and I did manage to squeeze some enjoyment out of the single player... once I dropped the difficulty down to Sleepwalk. (I was fine fighting all the battles on Normal until I hit the final boss, and then OMGWTFBBQ dead.) If you work through some of the more difficult tutorials, you start to get a handle on what it is you need to do to win at higher difficulties.

So basically, fun to play, and it does about as much as any fighting game can to bring you into the fold, but maybe wait for a sale before you jump in. If you're willing to put in the work, Skullgirls offers you quite a bit of help to get better. Oh, one other major caveat: you're going to need a controller. Preferably one with six face buttons, I tried using a Dualshock and it just wasn't the same.

Grief.exe

so do you guys think they'll patch GFWL out of the non-GOTY Batman versions, or am I just out of luck?

Probably do what 2K did with Bioshock 2. People are upgraded to the GOTY versions of AC and AA if they have owned them previously.

There is no way for Warner to prove whether you have purchased that DLC through the GFWL store or not. This would also rationalize why the vanilla AA/AC apps haven't been touched at all, while both GOTY editions are seeing massive amounts of updates.

Chronoja

Anyone knows if Bard's Tale is worth anything?
Also, what is it? I'm assuming it's a humorous crpg, but I don't know.. I have like almost a dozen between rpgs and open worlds yet to play, and I don't want to increse my backlog with a very long game, if it isn't really worthy.

I found the bards tale to be a bit of a drag about half way through, the humor sort of gives way to general gameplay which itself starts to suffer a few problems. Mostly it feels like they could never decide who should be more powerful, the player or the summons, which ends up leaving both feeling a bit underpowered. As the player you spend your time running around trying not to take hits and resummoning your creatures, many of which by the end game tend to die pretty fast themselves.

On the positive side it's certainly unique enough to give a chance.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
prediction: this game is going to be a pile of shit

It kind of is. I've been slacking on writing out my whole thoughts on it but to sum it up: Game starts off promising and then for the remainder it becomes an unfun slog where you fight against an RNG that would much rather have you waste time getting caught unfairly then actually providing any sense of challenge to overcome.

The secret level + ending they added in the second patch was far better than the entire game.

The Bard's Tale was pretty fun - I played it back in the day on the original Xbox. It's not really open world, it's more of a traditional action RPG.

It has Cary Elwes. Enough said, really.

It is one of those games that just manages to rise above the sum of its parts.

The comedy isn't quite funny enough to sustain the game, but it has its moments. The action gets repetitive and offers nothing really new (for the platform, different matter on steam).

But together? It drives you through to the end and it a decent enough game. I'd recommend the Bard's Tale, especially since the superior Baldur's Gate (the ARPG) never seems likely to make its way to PC.

Just been reading comments on Cyborgmatts' blog and other Dota related news recently and all I see is "dead game", "fucking hats, where are our heroes?", "I'm switching to LoL", "in be4 Valve defense force" etc ... lol

I remember one gaffer also kept saying this in a recent thread, they weren't so extreme though

That's because the latest updates have been >300mb with just cosmetics, and few minors fixes.

There's no gonna be anything new until Halloween.

tjohn86

Probably do what 2K did with Bioshock 2. People are upgraded to the GOTY versions of AC and AA if they have owned them previously.

There is no way for Warner to prove whether you have purchased that DLC through the GFWL store or not. This would also rationalize why the vanilla AA/AC apps haven't been touched at all, while both GOTY editions are seeing massive amounts of updates.

This would be fantastic if true.

Grief.exe

Uplay 4 point OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH

UPLAY 4.0 Changelog:

-New Download Manager allows for better, faster downloads for upcoming games.
-Twitch video streaming now enabled via the UPLAY PC Overlay
-Activity feed from you and your friends’ activity
-Offline messaging now available
-Proxy detection optimizations
-A variety of general bug fixes and optimizations

fc3ccf95ad897e1020f3133884045fc0.jpg

Colin.

Just a spare from the Bundle, enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Ticket to Ride -- MB-4A2B1BD5D640B4D4 - Taken by Cheddahz. 3 entrants total.

t1381872701z1.png

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Greed Corp -- MB-F531E06E66808FDF - Taken by intheinbetween. 5 entrants total.

t1381872761z1.png

The_Monk

What I dislike in all these programs is that I'm an organized person. This means I like to get everything regarding one thing (Books, games, etc) in one place.

Steam is my main place to go for the Digital version of my games but I can't help but wonder that some people in order to play all their games, they need a Steam account, Origin account, GFWL account, Uplay account (perhaps others).

And this is what I dislike the most, it feels great to open one program and there you go, everything you want to play is there. All my clothes are in my wardrobe, if I'm not sure what to wear I might open it up and browse the selection I have and then choose. I would really dislike if I had to go check my bathroom, behind the bed and in the Living room because that's too, where my clothes are (disregard any bad grammar, I tend to write poorly when I make longer posts fellow GAFfers).

Copons

Uh, I'm having a weird issue with Dark Souls.
I can't take Steam's screenshots with F12 anymore (until yesterday everything worked fine), just nothing happens when I press it.

I've already tried:
- to change the key in Steam settings;
- to change both resolutions in DSfix (as suggested somewhere);
- to change screenshot folder in DSfix;
- to change some key binding screenshot-related in DSfixKeys.ini;
- to reinstall DSfix;
- to restart Steam;
- turning PC off and on again.

Reading around, I believe the problem may be a regedit change I made yesterday to fix the "Steam is running in compatibility mode bla bla bla" popup that showed when I launched Big Picture.
Basically, I deleted registry keys of steam.exe with "elevatecreateprocess" flag somewhere in regedit, as suggested by a Valve guy in Steam forum.
Then, a couple of minutes ago I discovered that in some cases, if the game has a "higher level" than Steam.exe (and consequently GameOverlayUI.exe) it may happen that Steam isn't able to take screenshots of the game.
I tried a couple of other games and there it works no problem.
Then I tried running Steam as admin: nothing. I even tried to recreate the registry key with "elevatecreateprocess", but still nothing.

Someone knows what's going on?
Considering the beautifulness of DS, it would be a pity playing it without being able to always take pictures.
(Also I'ma social bitch so I like sharing them as soon as I take them :D )

Jshackles:
Would it be possible to take the top three listings for an item from here:
sN4jb58l.png

...and embed them into this window:

ivAUIz0l.png

So that we can get an accurate look at the going price of an item?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom