• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Have fun.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Ticket to Ride -- MB-4703E603527B7055 - Taken by Motorbreath. 0 entrants total. - Taken by Motorbreath. 1 entrants total.
Anodyne -- MB-6AFD788391117C2A - Taken by PandaPedinte. 1 entrants total.
Worms Reloaded -- MB-2FECB7733A8BECBF - Taken by oipic. 1 entrants total. - Taken by oipic. 1 entrants total.
Ticket to Ride 1910 USA DLC -- MB-1F76760697BCF44B - Taken by fantomena. 1 entrants total. - Taken by fantomena. 1 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-E523F58415D9F67B - Taken by Spawn. 1 entrants total.

t1381873164z1.png

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
A friend of mine is over at my house playing Steam on his account. While he was doing so he received a chat message from my account saying weird stuff. It certainly wasn't me. I have a strong password and it was changed recently, but I guess someone got in? Is there any way to find out what the hell happened there?

I still have access to the account.

A friend of mine is over at my house playing Steam on his account. While he was doing so he received a chat message from my account saying weird stuff. It certainly wasn't me. I have a strong password and it was changed recently, but I guess someone got in? Is there any way to find out what the hell happened there?

Someone trying to pass as you and trick your friend?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
just realized I had a 10 year steam anniversary two days ago!
AnniversaryCakeVan6A.jpg

WHERE'S MY GOLD WATCH GABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Probably, but it didn't seem like it. He was just saying weird stuff like "stop playing and go outside"

He does have a lot of valuable items (Dragonclaw and such). My chat log doesn't show the messages which seemed to suggest it was an impostor, but as soon as I logged in it seemed to boot the other guy as he went offline.

jediyoshi

What'd the chat say? It should automatically archive everything.

Lint21

Neo Member
I want to buy the new Humble Bundle but don't need the current BTA games. I know I can "buy up" later to get whatever games they add.

Does anyone know if I buy now, does the BTA price get "locked in" to what it is currently? Or will the BTA price be whatever it is at the time of "buying up?"

Nabs

I want to buy the new Humble Bundle but don't need the current BTA games. I know I can "buy up" later to get whatever games they add.

Does anyone know if I buy now, does the BTA price get "locked in" to what it is currently? Or will the BTA price be whatever it is at the time of "buying up?"

The BTA price gets locked in when you buy the bundle.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I promise I won't bug you guys too much with this, but 2 weeks from Saturday I'm participating in the Extra Life Gaming Marathon on behalf of Enhanced Steam users. I will be gaming 25 hours straight, and I'm working on getting stuff set up so I can also do a live stream.

If you'd like to sponsor me, I'd really appreciate it. It's for a good cause!

www.extra-life.org/participant/jshackles

I promise I won't bug you guys too much with this, but 2 weeks from Saturday I'm participating in the Extra Life Gaming Marathon on behalf of Enhanced Steam users. I will be gaming 25 hours straight, and I'm working on getting stuff set up so I can also do a live stream.

I'm still the only one to donate lol.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Tetrobot and Co. (from the Blocks That Matter devs which I quite liked) is out. http://store.steampowered.com/news/11625/
Hey, if you buy this, can you let me know whether they cut out the upgrade bullshit from BTM? That basically ruined what was otherwise a pretty interesting idea for a puzzle game. The Chocolate Castle levels were great through so if Tetrobot is more like those, I might actually pick this up someday.

fantomena

Do a complete walkthrough on Bad Rats and you will have my bucks.

what are you gonna play?

Grief.exe

Nope. Thus far the only games with known plans are:

- Batman: Arkham Asylum/City GOTY: GFWL being patched out and replaced with Steamworks (unconfirmed but obvious at this point)
- BioShock 2: GFWL already patched out and replaced with Steamworks
- Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet: GFWL being patched out (Steamworks unconfirmed at this stage)
- Capcom's stuff: Waiting on concrete details from Microsoft regarding the sunsetting of GFWL

Epic said they were looking into Bulletstorm on Twitter. This may have been People Can Fly, can't remember.
Crossing fingers for Gears of War as well!

Dambrosi

Banned
Here you go fellow GAFfers, some spares out of my HB collection:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-2AC9785024F5EA54 - Taken by didamangi
Bastion -- MB-D7470AB7B88ADE35 - Taken by Spawn
Incredipede -- MB-972E04077A4FDE96 - Taken by derExperte
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-C649D2B9A61ADF45 - Taken by Accoun
Anodyne -- MB-6B149B0FFC2B709E - Taken by dot
LIMBO -- MB-56E1619812213948 - Taken by Lord British
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-93051250433AE97B - Taken by WavekSra

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do a complete walkthrough on Bad Rats and you will have my bucks.

what are you gonna play?

I've got quite a few games in my backlog that I want to check out. Some are short and won't get much playtime, but others I may play for several hours at a go.

I'm going to put together a comprehensive list beforehand, but right now I'm planning on:

• Bioshock 2
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Cognition
  • The Walking Dead
  • Dishonored

And probably several more. I'm also open to suggestions!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jshackles/games?tab=all

_machine

Got a few spare old humble keys:
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Dead Space Steam Key -- MB-D6B99E74C1BBD736
Capsized -- MB-8B1BECC1BE81AB4B - Taken by Kirosia. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Kirosia. 3 entrants total.

t1381868155z1.png

fantomena

I've got quite a few games in my backlog that I want to check out. Some are short and won't get much playtime, but others I may play for several hours at a go.

I'm going to put together a comprehensive list beforehand, but right now I'm planning on:

• Bioshock 2
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Cognition
  • The Walking Dead
  • Dishonored

And probably several more. I'm also open to suggestions!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jshackles/games?tab=all

Sendt you a friend invite if that's okay. :)

Copons

Anyone knows if Bard's Tale is worth anything?
Also, what is it? I'm assuming it's a humorous crpg, but I don't know.. I have like almost a dozen between rpgs and open worlds yet to play, and I don't want to increse my backlog with a very long game, if it isn't really worthy.

def sim

Finally through the entirety of GTA4. All three character stories combined is much longer than I expected.

Also, TBoGT is fantastic. I hope 5 follows its tone.

jshackles

Anyone knows if Bard's Tale is worth anything?
Also, what is it? I'm assuming it's a humorous crpg, but I don't know.. I have like almost a dozen between rpgs and open worlds yet to play, and I don't want to increse my backlog with a very long game, if it isn't really worthy.

The Bard's Tale was pretty fun - I played it back in the day on the original Xbox. It's not really open world, it's more of a traditional action RPG.

It has Cary Elwes. Enough said, really.

$15 left on the Steam Wallet....I can't decide if I should get Skullgirls or not since I'm so fucking bad at fighting games, it is hilarious.

Copons

The Bard's Tale was pretty fun - I played it back in the day on the original Xbox.

It has Cary Elwes. Enough said, really.

Oh god, he's (the one and only) Robin Hood!
I'm almost sold on this, even if I saw Men in Tights dubbed so I don't even know what his voice sounds like.
Guess I'll wait a bit more to see if BTA goes around 5$!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh god, he's (the one and only) Robin Hood!
I'm almost sold on this, even if I saw Men in Tights dubbed so I don't even know what his voice sounds like.
Guess I'll wait a bit more to see if BTA goes around 5$!

Everytime I refresh the page, it BTA goes down one cent, but also my hand is moving more towards Buy It! Than Refresh every time as well.

I dunno how much longer I can hold on!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so do you guys think they'll patch GFWL out of the non-GOTY Batman versions, or am I just out of luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom