• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jshackles:
Would it be possible to take the top three listings for an item from here:

...and embed them into this window:

So that we can get an accurate look at the going price of an item?

If you're using Chrome you can enable "Show Market Price on Inventory Page (Experimental!)" in the options. As it suggests, it's still kind of experimental, because Valve does some weird stuff with AJAX on the inventory page.

If you check this box then select an inventory item, it (should) give you the current lowest price and a link to that market page. It doesn't average the top three together though, but I could look into that for a future update.

Diedac

Already hae these, enjoy

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Incredipede -- MB-7F508C5487967EA6 - Taken by mrgone. 6 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-C34FDE28508519A1 - Taken by Deadbeat. 2 entrants total.

t1381878280z1.png

MRORANGE

Good luck and have fun.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Ticket to Ride -- MB-E6EACE8EDC8C693C - Taken by super-famicom. 9 entrants total.
Anodyne -- MB-1DCA17D3FD36F920 - Taken by Cth. 0 entrants total. - Taken by Fuu. 1 entrants total. - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 9 entrants total.
Incredipede -- MB-76E7740A356EB393 - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.
Ticket to Ride DLC -- MB-06F6ADBF71D9EBDA - Taken by Sportbilly. 2 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-4F716E0F05D2CB42 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 3 entrants total.

t1381889726z1.png

GuardsmanGreg

Neo Member
Just realized I had a few Humble Bundle 9 keys unredeemed. Enjoy!
ModBot said:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Bastion -- MB-42C43C6B752CD632 - Taken by gurm3n
Trine 2 -- MB-F15470882EA2C226 - Taken by WavekSra
Limbo -- MB-17FC52E7EECCBAE8 - Taken by Spawn

Kammie

Not sure if it was mentioned, but Gamefly has Resident Evil Revelations for $9.99 after 20% code GFDOCT20

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-resident-evil-revelations/5005700

Activates on Steam.
For ten bucks I'm pretty tempted. I'm really enjoying going through 5 at the moment, especially when someone hops in for co-op.

Is Revelations intended as a single-player or a co-op romp? Was it designed with two players in mind like 5, or is it just something that's tacked on?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For ten bucks I'm pretty tempted. I'm really enjoying going through 5 at the moment, especially when someone hops in for co-op.

Is Revelations intended as a single-player or a co-op romp? Was it designed with two players in mind like 5, or is it just something that's tacked on?

I'm not 100% certain, but I think the co-op was tagged on later (though I hear it's very good).

It was originally released exclusively for the 3DS.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
some ideas for Modbot for consideration:

- A link to the steam page from the game image displayed in the post.

This will be happening

- Option to use smaller images in the giveaway: such as http://cdn2.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/108200/capsule_sm_120.jpg
- Show all images option

I haven't decided about whether or not to add more capacity to do this. The problem isn't so much the presentation end, but the look-up end. In order to show the image it needs to reference the typed named, search, find the game, etc. So more games = more lookups = slower giveaway generation. And because MB works in a discrete way (one heartbeat per 45 seconds) rather than a continuous connection and processing it's important to keep processing time as low as possible.

- Option to give keys to people who have listed their Steam profile link in their profile. (Not sure if feasible.)

You mean like "entrants must have a steam profile listed to qualify"?

MRORANGE

This will be happening

That's great.

I haven't decided about whether or not to add more capacity to do this. The problem isn't so much the presentation end, but the look-up end. In order to show the image it needs to reference the typed named, search, find the game, etc. So more games = more lookups = slower giveaway generation. And because MB works in a discrete way (one heartbeat per 45 seconds) rather than a continuous connection and processing it's important to keep processing time as low as possible.

Ah ok, no worries, I don't want Modbot to fizzle out from extensive look-ups

You mean like "entrants must have a steam profile listed to qualify"?

Yes, in their Neogaf profile

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ah ok, no worries, I don't want Modbot to fizzle out from extensive look-ups

Yeah my only worry is that if, say, a Humble Bundle comes out, and 5 people create a giveaway on the same heartbeat and give away 7-8 games at a time (this is more load than MB normally gets, but it's not inconceivable that this kind of thing could happen), that's 40+ lookups there

Yeah I could do this. I am going to do juniors-only giveaways first probably but I could do this.

BigAT

Tried selling a Dota 2 item on the marketplace, got this error message:

"You are not allowed to sell this item. The Community Market might be temporarily disabled or your account might be restricted from using the Community Market."

Is there any way to quickly resolve this? I can't think of any reason my account would be restricted and I never received any notice of that.

Kammie

I'm not 100% certain, but I think the co-op was tagged on later (though I hear it's very good).

It was originally released exclusively for the 3DS.
Just did some research, seems the campaign is single player only, but there's a thing called raid mode for co-op. And the campaign supposedly has more of an original RE feel.

What the heck, it's just ten bucks! Ordering time.

Cth

Yeah my only worry is that if, say, a Humble Bundle comes out, and 5 people create a giveaway on the same heartbeat and give away 7-8 games at a time (this is more load than MB normally gets, but it's not inconceivable that this kind of thing could happen), that's 40+ lookups there

Is there a chance you could have Modbot archive searches as it performs them?

As in, the first time it looks up BAD RATS, it checks it's own file and see if a link exists already. If it does, it uses that instead of bombarding Steam with searches.

So theoretically, it only does the Humble Bundle search once and in theory by keeping things internal speeds things up a bit?

Of course, the drawback is that it could bloat Modbot with said "database" it builds. I'd imagine you want to avoid doing a database anyways.

Alternately, having Modbot (or one of the Modbot 2, 3, etc) once a week check steam database for entries and build the database for said purposes.

MRORANGE

Yeah I could do this. I am going to do juniors-only giveaways first probably but I could do this.

Oh that would be great, thanks for taking it into consideration.

Any particular reason for that? I'm not too cool on advertising my Steam ID to everyone on the internet, which is why I don't have it in my NeoGAF profile.

some gaffers claimed keys for games eventhough they already had the game in their profile or didn't even use the key and just kept it.

fernandes

"You are not allowed to sell this item. The Community Market might be temporarily disabled or your account might be restricted from using the Community Market."

Is there any way to quickly resolve this? I can't think of any reason my account would be restricted and I never received any notice of that.

I get that error sometimes. Usually a simple refresh and waiting a couple of minutes fixes it.

Kammie

Close and reopen Steam. Works for me.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Any particular reason for that? I'm not too cool on advertising my Steam ID to everyone on the internet, which is why I don't have it in my NeoGAF profile.

Presumably to audit and followup to make sure key claimers are using the keys instead of trading, selling, or hoarding to give to friends.

Tellaerin

some gaffers claimed keys for games eventhough they already had the game in their profile or didn't even use the key and just kept it.

Bleh. Yeah, I can see where you're coming from with that, then. Though thinking about it, would it really matter anyway? I mean, someone could just list a Steam profile in their info but set it to private. They'd still have a profile on record, but you wouldn't be able to see what games they have.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
OK I know this is more OT but do you ever start dating a girl through a cooking-themed dating website and then she comes to your restaurant and you cook her her favourite dish and then like a few hours later she's texting you while you're still at work and you're trying to multitask between like 6 customers ordering steak with bacon powder and then you're flirting with her while she yaps on about some inane nonsense and then after like 3 or 4 dates like this she sends you a message saying she's going off to Art School so she can't see you anymore? Ugh.

Thankfully I passed my health inspection and got a 3 star rating, so that's pretty cool.

Kammie

Speaking of ModBot, these ended up getting no use.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box -- MB-9B1AB44204103EA6 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 3 entrants total.
Trine 2: The Complete Story -- MB-C51379392D26505A - Taken by chiym1992. 1 entrants total.

t1381883771z1.png
And I still have Medal of Honor (Origin key) available here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=83182709&postcount=9469

If you're using Chrome you can enable "Show Market Price on Inventory Page (Experimental!)" in the options. As it suggests, it's still kind of experimental, because Valve does some weird stuff with AJAX on the inventory page.

If you check this box then select an inventory item, it (should) give you the current lowest price and a link to that market page. It doesn't average the top three together though, but I could look into that for a future update.

I must be blind because I can't find that option anywhere. I ctrl f'd and it said no results.

I wasn't really meaning an average. I was just saying 3 because if there is just one, it could be a crazy undercutter or random price mistake.

Khronico

Good luck and have fun.
Thanks, entered for Anodyne!

OK I know this is more OT but do you ever start dating a girl through a cooking-themed dating website and then she comes to your restaurant and you cook her her favourite dish and then like a few hours later she's texting you while you're still at work and you're trying to multitask between like 6 customers ordering steak with bacon powder and then you're flirting with her while she yaps on about some inane nonsense and then after like 3 or 4 dates like this she sends you a message saying she's going off to Art School so she can't see you anymore? Ugh.

Thankfully I passed my health inspection and got a 3 star rating, so that's pretty cool.
I need to buy Cook Serve Delicious.

No additional Ticket to Ride DLC, I'm having that one!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Ticket to Ride -- MB-F8BB6C7325F3C53B - Taken by gabrielt16
Greed Corp -- MB-69FDBD520477EA53 - Taken by FauX

Ticket To Ride for iPhone has saved me from boredom in countless situations. Good game. <3

Edit:

And thanks bobnowhere!!! Now I can enjoy this beauty on my pc.

MRORANGE

Bleh. Yeah, I can see where you're coming from with that, then. Though thinking about it, would it really matter anyway? I mean, someone could just list a Steam profile in their info but set it to private. They'd still have a profile on record, but you wouldn't be able to see what games they have.

True, but it's still a nice option to have, I know Steam offers a web API that can grab details on what user has what games or not, but taht would be going a bit too far.

I'm now pretty sure Cook Serve Delicious is an Eroge game.

Tizoc

SPEAKING OF SHOOT'EM-UPS!

You know what would really be cool to have on Steam?
A Psikyo Shoot'em-up collection!
I don't know if I'd classify Psikyo's (90s) shmups as bullet hell, but I only ever played Gunblade 1 at arcade but I loved that game a lot and have been wanting a near arcade perfect port of it and any other Psikyo shmup to be released on PSN, etc.

Just wish Japan would stop being such hardasses about PC scene find a way to get some classic collections on it.

Why haven't I played CSD yet?

MRORANGE

SPEAKING OF SHOOT'EM-UPS!

You know what would really be cool to have on Steam?
A Psikyo Shoot'em-up collection!
I don't know if I'd classify Psikyo's (90s) shmups as bullet hell, but I only ever played Gunblade 1 at arcade but I loved that game a lot and have been wanting a near arcade perfect port of it and any other Psikyo shmup to be released on PSN, etc.

Just wish Japan would stop being such hardasses about PC scene find a way to get some classic collections on it.

The only shoot'em-up we need is M.U.S.H.A.

Must have played this nearly 20 years ago in Canada on the MegaDrive.

The music in this game is fucking amazing.

Needs to have the JP boxart as the Steam Grid icon though:

EgS5ZpZ.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Geez, no one knows how to play Mercenaries No Mercy mode. Get all the time bonuses and within two minutes they die. :/

Cth

As an aside, does anyone know which Humble Bundles had Android games offered?

My wife was looking for games to play on her Fire and I know some of the bundles had Android versions included.

I looked up my HB history and only saw one (HB with Android 6)..

Thanks in advance! And on the off chance someone isn't using theirs I've got a spare copy of Bioshock if anyone wants to trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom