• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only shoot'em-up we need is M.U.S.H.A.

Must have played this nearly 20 years ago in Canada on the MegaDrive.

The music in this game is fucking amazing.

Needs to have the JP boxart as the Steam Grid icon though:

EgS5ZpZ.jpg

Aleste was awesome indeed.

Ah—unless someone's hacked his twitter account, looks like they're in the clear this time.

I might actually buy almost all the games in this one. Crazy!

Umm, just a heads up to people clicking, that twitter page is somewhat NSFW...

Bundle looks good though. I really enjoyed Exceed 2 even though 3 is the more polished game. If you are in doubt, start with those two.

Tellaerin

True, but it's still a nice option to have, I know Steam offers a web API that can grab details on what user has what games or not, but taht would be going a bit too far.

I just wish that there was some way of restricting that info. Even if it was something like letting you register your Steam profile with Modbot, and having the winner's Steam profile info PM'ed to the giver. I'm just paranoid about sticking any info about my Steam account into a publicly-viewable profile. (And yeah, I'm probably being too paranoid. I'm just risk averse when it comes to stuff like this.)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Umm, just a heads up to people clicking, that twitter page is somewhat NSFW...
wow I only looked at his main page so most of the background was covered up. didn't even notice since I just right-clicked to copy the link. whoops!

XShagrath

OK I know this is more OT but do you ever start dating a girl through a cooking-themed dating website and then she comes to your restaurant and you cook her her favourite dish and then like a few hours later she's texting you while you're still at work and you're trying to multitask between like 6 customers ordering steak with bacon powder and then you're flirting with her while she yaps on about some inane nonsense and then after like 3 or 4 dates like this she sends you a message saying she's going off to Art School so she can't see you anymore? Ugh.

Thankfully I passed my health inspection and got a 3 star rating, so that's pretty cool.
I fucking love this game!

Sega owns the virtual console rights I think, so all Sega need to do is do a rom dump and it should work with the retail emulator they already put on Steam.

Would save me £160 from buying it on ebay plus buying a megadrive :|
Well... I still prefer physical retail games over digital versions of the same game, especially retro stuff. But that's just me. :p

Edit: obviously by having a legal way of play the game spending much less money is a great option.

Sega owns the virtual console rights I think, so all Sega need to do is do a rom dump and it should work with the retail emulator they already put on Steam.

Would save me £160 from buying it on ebay plus buying a megadrive :|
D4 has the rights and it's already on Wii Virtual Console.

I have a complete copy of it I've been thinking of letting go of since Genesis games aren't really a focus of my retro collection.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I must be blind because I can't find that option anywhere. I ctrl f'd and it said no results.

I wasn't really meaning an average. I was just saying 3 because if there is just one, it could be a crazy undercutter or random price mistake.

On the left hand side of the options page you can select "Community" where it will display the community options. :)

Exuro

Is there a list of games not available through family sharing? My brother is saying that sonic racing transformed isn't on his list which I found to be weird.

Exuro

I got in the family sharing beta..how do I use this?
When you have beta access you can authorize up to 10 devices by logging into them and authorizing them and then any steam account that logs into a n authorized device has access to your game library provided you aren't playing something.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so do you guys think they'll patch GFWL out of the non-GOTY Batman versions, or am I just out of luck?

There's nothing to suggest as much, but it would be a very simple thing to carry over the work done on AA/AC GOTY to AA/AC vanilla at the last minute since they're the same game. Let me have a Steam copy of Asylum vanilla, WB. :(

Resident Evil 6 Wallpaper DLC just added to the registry...

Free with base game as far as I can tell.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236080/

I wish Capcom would release the art book and soundtrack as DLC since they were pre-purchase incentives.

EDIT: oops, sorry!!!!!!!

You don't have to make a thread for every little thing that pops up on the store. ;)

Does UPlay allow strong passwords yet?

I had to change my Uplay password to one without special characters as Far Cry 2's in-game log-in form doesn't accept them.

Parsnip

I played a little Dark Souls and I'm mighty pleased that I managed beat
Four Kings
on first try this time. First game I played I must have been hitting my head on the boss for 20+ times. Just couldn't get it done. It's amazing how different the experience is when you actually kind of know what you are doing from the start and spec accordingly.

Thank you for Anodyne Parsnip.
You're welcome.

AsylumX

Quick question... Is a valley without wind worth playing??? A friend of mine has been talking about this game for about a month and now he wants to gift me the dual pack. But the thing is, i just can't seem to find it appealing in anyway. I know its an indie game and its has 16-bit graphics and all that retro yadda yadda yadda, but the videos just don't make a click with me.

FloatOn

Quick question... Is a valley without wind worth playing??? A friend of mine has been talking about this game for about a month and now he wants to gift me the dual pack. But the thing is, i just can't seem to find it appealing in anyway. I know its an indie game and its has 16-bit graphics and all that retro yadda yadda yadda, but the videos just don't make a click with me.

most Arcen games are really interesting on paper but in practice it's usually mixed bag. At least from what I hear anyway, I haven't bothered myself.

I'm not too picky of a person but A Valley Without Wind has such an art style that is so bad that it makes me want to injure my eyes for sake of never having to look upon such horror again.

It's not even the 16 bit thing like you say. It's just that the clashing fonts and mix mash of art styles can aptly be described as visual vomit.
Anyone has any idea why it happened?

client side it gave me "error-118" if I recall correctly. no idea what that means

If I family share with a friend of mine will I get his games as well? Don't think he's in it yet. Just realized I got an email earlier today which said I'm now a part of it.
JaseC pls

My giantbomb profile picture is from Hatoful Boyfriend
2244470-pigion_.png

If I family share with a friend of mine will I get his games as well? Don't think he's in it yet. Just realized I got an email earlier today which said I'm now a part of it.
JaseC pls

2244470-pigion_.png
I, too, am in the beta, but I have no idea who should I share my games with.

Jesus, I just played The Stanley Parable demo again and they still haven't fixed the achievement bug. It brings your average completion rate down.

Vecks

That new doujin bundle looks pretty tempting. Not sure if I could... handle Hatoful (I don't like pigeons in general), but I'll probably snag up Higurashi.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC pls

2244470-pigion_.png

It doesn't work like that. For you to access his library, he'd need to authorise your PC, which he can't do without being in the beta himself.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Jesus, I just played The Stanley Parable demo again and they still haven't fixed the achievement bug. It brings your average completion rate down.
Based on some discussion far upthread, I strongly doubt that's a bug.

IIRC, if you kill the process after you get the achievement you can keep it.

Grief.exe

It doesn't work like that. For you to access his library, he'd need to authorise your PC, which he can't do without being in the beta himself.

Someone said earlier that once you authorize them, then they can turn around and do the same to you.

I have no experience in this, just pointing out what someone said earlier.

Exuro

Someone said earlier that once you authorize them, then they can turn around and do the same to you.

I have no experience in this, just pointing out what someone said earlier.
You don't authorize accounts, you authorize devices. If I authorize my computer, then if a friend comes over and jumps on his account he has access to my games. Anyone has access to my games if they are on an authorized device.

I like how its implemented, although I'd like an option to block certain games(like vac enabled ones just for my sanity's sake)

Grief.exe

You don't authorize accounts, you authorize devices. If I authorize my computer, then if a friend comes over and jumps on his account he has access to my games. Anyone has access to my games if they are on an authorized device.

I like how its implemented, although I'd like an option to block certain games(like vac enabled ones just for my sanity's sake)

I know what the service is and what it does, just passing along what someone said earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom