• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on some discussion far upthread, I strongly doubt that's a bug.

IIRC, if you kill the process after you get the achievement you can keep it.

Interesting, I'll try that tomorrow. And you're right, some people have been able to keep it.

yuTPMqt.jpg

Someone said earlier that once you authorize them, then they can turn around and do the same to you.

I have no experience in this, just pointing out what someone said earlier.

Yeah that was me. I let another Gaffer have access to my games and he hadn't even signed up to be registered for the beta but once I gave him access he could give me access so I could play The Wolf Among Us.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yeah that was me. I let another Gaffer have access to my games and he hadn't even signed up to be registered for the beta but once I gave him access he could give me access so I could play The Wolf Among Us.

How exactly does the non-beta participant give access to his/her games?

So I need him to log into my account on his computer and then I would need to log into his account via my computer once his PC is now listed as a share device?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
After I had done it for him and he logged into my account using teamviewer the button just appeared so he could do it.

g6bqBAO.png

Then he authorized me as normal. I didn't think it would work either but it somehow did!

Earlier today I said that people not in the beta can share their account with other people once somebody that is in the beta puts their account information on their computer. Sadly, I don't have access to the beta so I couldn't test it today. I'm glad other people are confirming the information.

Do you have magic powers? o:

Earlier today I said that people not in the beta can share their account with other people once somebody that is in the beta puts their account information on their computer. Sadly, I don't have access to the beta so I couldn't test it today. I'm glad other people are confirming the information.

That must of been it! I logged into all of them first so that makes sense!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
After I had done it for him and he logged into my account using teamviewer the button just appeared so he could do it.

g6bqBAO.png

Then he authorized me as normal. I didn't think it would work either but it somehow did!

Of course the button appears when he's logged into your account because you're in the beta. ;) When I was banned from my preferred CS:S server, I made a second account and bought CS:S again, so I've been playing with Family Sharing using that. Here's what another user (who's not in the beta) sees when they're logged into a device you've authorised:

fs10csgo.jpg

You'll notice there's no family sharing button. Additionally, when I switch to my primary account, the button returns, but I'm not shown the library of my secondary account:

fs2svl4f.jpg

Family Sharing doesn't propagate to non-participants.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Of course the button appears when he's logged into your account because you're in the beta. ;) When I was banned from my preferred CS:S server, I made a second account and bought CS:S again, so I've been playing with Family Sharing using that. Here's what another user (who's not in the beta) sees when they're logged into a device you've authorised:

http://abload.de/img/fs10csgo.jpg[IMG]

You'll notice there's no family sharing button. Additionally, when I switch to my primary account, the button returns, but I'm not shown the library of my secondary account:

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/fs2svl4f.jpg[IMG]

Family Sharing doesn't propagate to non-participants.[/QUOTE]

Why do you have 2 accounts Jase?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I logged in to a friends account who didn't have the beta and now he can share his games with me. He still isn't in the beta but I can play his games :D

Just tried it with a friend who is in the beta (I am not) and we were unable to share my games.

I have access to his games, but he doesn't have access to mine. He is only offered the option to purchase the game.

http://abload.de/img/fs10csgo.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/fs2svl4f.jpg[IMG]

Family Sharing doesn't propagate to non-participants.[/QUOTE]

[quote="morningbus, post: 86218705"]Just tried it with a friend who is in the beta (I am not) and we were unable to share my games.

I have access to his games, but he doesn't have access to mine. He is only offered the option to purchase the game.[/QUOTE]

I am really confused how this has worked for me with 2 people who don't have access to the beta but I am able to play their games and they are able to play mine.

JaseC

Why do you have 2 accounts Jase?

I explained why in the post you quoted. ;)

It says you aren't enrolled in the steam beta though(ie, the drop down), you have to join that for it to work at all no?

Even though Volcynika's already responded to this, I'll try it myself and report back.

Here's another a little bit better

101113-google-glass-toronto-instyle-1-400.jpg

Thanks! I was trying to find the original last night but GIS wasn't getting me anywhere and I didn't think to check if InStyle had updated its gallery (I figured if InStyle were going to include it, it would've done so originally, and so just assumed somebody pulled the image from Twitter or something).

JaseC

I mean the real reason :p

That is the real reason, honest! CS:S was once virtually all I played, which is why I didn't start buying crap until last year's Summer Sale. When I was banned from the server, I had withdrawal issues and decided to make another account. ;)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, Crysis suddenly picked up when
you enter the alien ship
I was kinda hoping Halo would do a similar affect/level in the past. Then you exit that level to the games conclusion. Seems good but I've got like 2-3 more levels to beat to finish.

That's not to say the first half isn't good, it just... drags and I know most people don't like the later part but the sci-fi coming in helps.

(Plus it doesn't have as many swarming enemies as the first half with the Koreans does. God Crytek: What is with you and numerous enemies within feet of each other to where stealth play in your sandboxes isn't really possible?)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I am really confused how this has worked for me with 2 people who don't have access to the beta but I am able to play their games and they are able to play mine.

There are a lot of possibilities, I suppose. Are you sure your friends aren't in the beta? If they aren't they shouldn't have the ability to revoke authorized computers in their settings menu.

It could also be a glitch. I've had a few people try it with their accounts and other accounts. It isn't supposed to be doing that.

I explained why in the post you quoted. ;)

Even though Volcynika's already responded to this, I'll try it myself and report back.

Thanks! I was trying to find the original last night but GIS wasn't getting me anywhere and I didn't think to check if InStyle had updated its gallery (I figured if InStyle were going to include it, it would've done so originally, and so just assumed somebody pulled it from Twitter or something).

Your welcome, I found it there ;)

JaseC

No change.

There are a lot of possibilities, I suppose. Are you sure your friends aren't in the beta? If they aren't they shouldn't have the ability to revoke authorized computers in their settings menu.

It could also be a glitch. I've had a few people try it with their accounts and other accounts. It isn't supposed to be doing that.

I'd say it's a glitch. I won't name names, but somebody on my friends list has told me that a couple of his accounts were accepted into the beta and so he authorised all 8 of them, later finding that libraries from some of the accounts not in the beta were erroneously showing up as shared.

Derrick01

Banned
So I see Kotaku updated their Rome Total War 2 review. Apparently it's still a surprisingly bad game but at least it doesn't run like ass now on really good PCs, so there's that.

How did they screw this up so bad?

Sajjaja

So I see Kotaku updated their Rome Total War 2 review. Apparently it's still a surprisingly bad game but at least it doesn't run like ass now on really good PCs, so there's that.

How did they screw this up so bad?

Something something SEGA maybe? Seems like the default assumption.

Are they using the Steam Beta Client?

Are they in the "Steam Family Sharing" group?

Don't know about the first one. I know at least one of my friends whose library I am sharing isn't in the group.

Eh, I am just happy it is working at the moment. Do we have any idea how long it will be in beta for?

men of war: red tide

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Men of War -- MB-215AD7FAD3C7F722 - Taken by chiym1992

JaseC

lol that is weird.

I ran into the same thing a few days ago with the Batman giveaway. The first PM I received stated that Cuban Legend had won the raffle and that there were 35 entrants, but a few minutes later another PM hit my inbox, mentioning Jiggaloboy had won and that he was the only entrant.

Exuro

Found a slightly annoying thing about the family sharing. I'm able to play a game on my brother's account while he can play one on mine at the same time, but if one of us wants to play a game we both own then we can't access each other account. :(

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Found a slightly annoying thing about the family sharing. I'm able to play a game on my brother's account while he can play one on mine at the same time, but if one of us wants to play a game we both own then we can't access each other account. :(

Kinda been known for a minute, something Valve should fix.

Li Kao

It's a lot of fun, and has one of the greatest tutorials in fighting games ever.

What do you mean ? Is it a good tutorial to initiate someone to the genre ? My brain seems to think a good way to block is to always go toward the enemy, I need help, and a patient software. Yup, very patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom